Just a question

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ltwpattenaude

Reaction score
So my niece has had really bad luck with her tama.... She had it a week when it mated and had a baby, but the day after her adult left the baby died. Now she has a new tama and the batterie is dead... It's been less than two weeks sence she bought her Tama. Is it normal for the batterie to die that fast??? And what happens now? If she puts in a new batterie is her Tama and items all saved or dose she have to start from the beggening again??? Please help me....

:( <~~~~ my old tama mated with Bill and right now I have a Hashitomatchi

Is it unusual for the battery to die in 2 weeks? YES - they normally last at least 8-10 weeks. However- if the shop that was selling it had it hanging around in a warm place for a long time- i.e. in sunlight or near a source of heat- the cell battery will discharge quicker- even if the tama hadn't been started up. Cell batteries do not like heat.

Don't worry about changing the battery, the tamagotchi has a tiny built in memory which stores the 'last major event' information. When you replace the battery- you will see an egg on the screen if you press 'B' you will get an option which says reset/download- you use the 'A' button to select download and hopefully your old tamagotchi character will be back on screen.

It's not 100% failsafe- I have changed batteries many times and only once - I didn't get the reset/download option- I think I may have accidentally hit a button when I was putting the new battery in- so I had to start again. Just to let you know it can happen- but not very often.

There should be information about changing the batteries in the instructions, if you no longer have them they are available as a download on tamagotchi.com/products.

Thank you so much for your help.... I just told my niece and she is so excited to run to the store right this min to get a new batterie... I have two other Tama's that I got at different places so I will watch how long they last. Once again thank you so much..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back