Just unearthed my Tamagraveyard!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fives

Reaction score
https://oi47.tinypic.com/2hq9cg5.jpg

So I saw something on the internet about a newschool furby, and I started to get all nostalgic. One thing led to another, and I somehow stumbled back into my digital pet obsession. For some reason the wee pixel critters have always been more appealing to me than furry robotic pets... anyhow, I remembered I had an entire box full of 'em, and now I plan to go through my favorites from the past and see where that takes me. The quality of my collection kinda bums me out, but I was too young to know better at the time!

I took out my talking nano puppy at first, because it was the only one I had any batteries for, but today it got set aside in favor of Tamagotchi Ocean. I now have a cute little squidly looking dude to take care of. Next I want to start up this little nameless several-in-one pet I remember loving because it had a crazy ammount of evolution stages.

Im very interested in obtaining the latest and greatest tamagotchi available, but it seems like I'll have both language and money issues in the pursuit of something like that, but its definitely on my wishlist. I was going to settle for a Tama-Go in the mean time. I knew toys-r-us was very un-likely to have it, but when I went to the store to check anyways, they had the keychain attachments and nothing to attach it to. What a tease!

Anyhow, thats my story so far. Im glad to see there are folk out there as obsessed with these things as I am as of late. Can't wait to get to know everyone!

Gah...I want that bunny one you have (the one with the bunny and carrots and basket) :s *grabby hands*

That was my favorite one as a teen because it was discreet enough to hang from my backpack and care for in school. I remember it being quite adorable<3

If you ever decide to party with any let me know :D and welcome!

If you ever decide to party with any let me know :D and welcome!
I might be down to trade some, if thats interesting to you at all? I've got duplicates of a lot of them, sometimes triplicates, as my mum, cousin, and I all used to enjoy them in tandumEDIT: Oops, read that as part, not party. Its too early for me to be typing! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant part....my phone apparently thinks we should party with them lol

aaand I already killed off my tamagotchi ocean, by searching for treasure and failing too hard I guess. It was a sad time for me, but now I've collected my wits and transplanted my batteries into an un-named 10-in-1 pet. The one at the top of this page, in fact: https://www.tamenagerie.com/odd11.html

I vaguely recall it having some unexpected evolutions, but I could have just been a crazy child :p From what I can tell, it has 2 games, multiple foodstuffs, and I get to dress it for the weather, so thats exciting. Im thinking about raising the dinosaur completely on carrots.

Im really just biding my time until I can get a battery for my tamagotchi connection <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me? I've been drawing the stages my tamagotchi connection has been going through, and I was wondering where an appropriate place to post that would be? I considered the art section, but I couldnt figure out how to submit an image, and I'd really like to be able to update the progress as she grows. I also considered the log section, but I'd love to be able to get feedback and chat with others about their experiences... is there an appropriate section for this, or should I just aim for the art area once I figure out how to use it? :D Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me? I've been drawing the stages my tamagotchi connection has been going through, and I was wondering where an appropriate place to post that would be? I considered the art section, but I couldnt figure out how to submit an image, and I'd really like to be able to update the progress as she grows. I also considered the log section, but I'd love to be able to get feedback and chat with others about their experiences... is there an appropriate section for this, or should I just aim for the art area once I figure out how to use it? :D Thanks in advance!
Ah - now.. If you have a question like this, the best thing to do is to create a new topic to ask about it in one of the Help forums like What's On Your Mind? (instead of taking your own Introduction thread off topic) ;)

The Tamagotchi logs forum is the best place on this site to make a topic that charts a tama's growth progress.

A log topic would also allow you to post thoughts / comments about your tama's evolutions and activities.

The feedback and discussion can be done - but it just has to be by PM and not posted in the topic.

We ask everyone not to post comments in other members logs for a good reason.

The logs are like a diary and record progress.

All too often members post questions about the log that could easily be asked in the main Help forums. If they're answered by the topic starter other members often join in with questions or decide to answer the questions instead of allowing the topic starter to reply. After that the whole log is taken off topic and the original idea of logging the growth progress just gets lost.

Apart from questions, you do get spammy comments - even if they're well meant, like: "Nice log!" which just breaks up the flow of the day to day descriptions and can make a log longer and more difficult to read or follow.

If discussion by PM is not for you, then maybe another site for your log? I know Tama Zone allows members to accept comments from other members in their logs - but not too many - for exactly the same reasons as TamaTalk.

They're logs / diaries rather than discussion topics.

Obviously if something interesting or comment worthy happens as you chart your tama's growth, you could describe it in What Happened to My Tamagotchi and discuss what happened to it there - or maybe What's On Your Mind? - but bear in mind, neither of those sub forums are intended to discuss a whole log :)

Anyway... hope you're finding your way around the site OK and mostly liking what you find so far :)

Welcome to the forums! I can see with your box of pets there that you will fit right in LOL - and if you have any digimon I might be interested in trading for some Tamas that I have hahaha :)

-Purn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back