Kuromametchi's Coolness

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was so hilarious I nearly died! You should earn a reward for writing the funniest story ever! Jeez, Kuromametchi is funny.

An amusing read. You incorporate humour very well into your writing - a task rarely performed properly in much of TamaTalk literature. For that, I applaud you. :D

The only complaint I would have is your misuse as well as overuse of the dash ( - ).

A dash is not a substitute for a period or semicolon. Its purposes are to: indicate a brief change in subject, turn something general into something specific, and/or specify a definition.

Proper use: I went to the grocery store with good intentions, but I ended up getting stuff I really didn't need - chocolate, hairspray, and a lampshade.

Improper use: Alice followed the rabbit - she fell into a hole.

In other words, you "may not connect two complete sentenced with a dash", as quoted from English Grammar for Dummies.

---

Whew, that turned into a giant grammar lesson! I ended up regurgitating what I had studied for the upcoming ACT and SAT this April. Feel free to disregard what I wrote. ^_^

Overall, lovely story!

and then I end up making an egregious grammatical error somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back