Lamb meat will be banned in Italy in 2015

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anny Biondi

Reaction score
We eat lamb in Easter, and vegs protested about it, with Animal Equality Italia.

After 12/31/14, lamb meat will be banned in Italy.

I think after that day I'll start importing lamb meat from near countries...

What do you think about it?

I think it's awful...

Lamb meat. Bleh. Anyway, hmm...I wonder if that Italian online newspaper is real... "The truth about what others don't want to reveal" is what the text at the top of the page says. Sounds like something a paranoid conspiracy theorist would say...

I looked around the site some more, and came across a news article explaining how Barack Obama revealed that aliens exist and that there was some alien planet discovered. Yep. Okay.

Part of an article reads (translated to English): President Obama said to the crowd of stunned journalists, "they were attracted to our planet in large numbers because of our discovery of atomic fission and possible use of nuclear weapons."

That site's credibility went down the drain. Sorry, but it's just some site made by a random bored person who makes up nonsensical stuff. :p

Because foreigns don't care about Italy.
>_> No, it's because "foreigns" don't care about silly fake stuff.

Sorry, for going off topic, but yet another article on the site is about a skull being found inside an Easter egg. Again, it is fake, and there is no actual news about anything like that anywhere else. The skull-found-in-chocolate-Easter-egg article even has a poorly Photoshopped image. The article states that the skull was "stolen from a graveyard" and somehow put inside a chocolate egg. xD Whoever writes this stuff sure has a strange imagination.

Anyway, I suppose that there's not really anything else to post in this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamb meat. Bleh. Anyway, hmm...I wonder if that Italian online newspaper is real... "The truth about what others don't want to reveal" is what the text at the top of the page says. Sounds like something a paranoid conspiracy theorist would say...

I looked around the site some more, and came across a news article explaining how Barack Obama revealed that aliens exist and that there was some alien planet discovered. Yep. Okay.

Part of an article reads (translated to English): President Obama said to the crowd of stunned journalists, "they were attracted to our planet in large numbers because of our discovery of atomic fission and possible use of nuclear weapons."

That site's credibility went down the drain. Sorry, but it's just some site made by a random bored person who makes up nonsensical stuff. :p

>_> No, it's because "foreigns" don't care about silly fake stuff.

Sorry, for going off topic, but yet another article on the site is about a skull being found inside an Easter egg. Again, it is fake, and there is no actual news about anything like that anywhere else. The skull-found-in-chocolate-Easter-egg article even has a poorly Photoshopped image. The article states that the skull was "stolen from a graveyard" and somehow put inside a chocolate egg. xD Whoever writes this stuff sure has a strange imagination.

Anyway, I suppose that there's not really anything else to post in this topic.
Well said. Dat Easter egg doe

I like the taste of lamb but not the idea of killing a lamb for the meat, if you know what I mean...

That's insanity - I don't know what they intend to achieve >_>

If you search about it in your own language, are there any other articles with evidence? ;o
Not always - that's like trying to search up for results which relate to where the MH370 really is (in any language, be it English, Chinese, w/e).

They're all happy on the official Italian page of Animal Equality, so it's true

https://www.abruzzoweb.it/contenuti/animalisti-si-mobilitano--contro-strage-di-agnelli--per-una-pasqua-vegana/544045-327/

This is about their attempt to save lambs.
But that article does not mention anything about lamb being banned in 2015 or whatever. It is simply about a protest.

Sure they're protesting, but there is no real information that states lamb will actually be banned. :p

Don't believe it Anny. In a country that loves it's meat as much as Italy, it would be impossible to "ban" lamb at Easter. There would be a revolution.

Sure, there may be plenty of animal activists who will ban it from their homes or choose not to buy it but eating Lamb at Easter is a cultural and religious tradition - and eating food like lamb is a celebration to mark the end of Lent.

But that article does not mention anything about lamb being banned in 2015 or whatever. It is simply about a protest.

Sure they're protesting, but there is no real information that states lamb will actually be banned. :p
It was before that news, I'm starting thinking it's a fake too, but many people is talking about this situation, some restaurants announced they'll not cook lamb meat for this Easter, Meteo.it (an Italian weathercaster) posted a picture on their FB page representing a lamb, a kitten and a puppy.

It is written 'we don't see any differences, they're 3 newborns".

Many people is talking about this situation

If it turned out to be false, I have this to say:

aw I kinda wanted to go to Italy next year and get some lamb meat

If it turned out to be true:

aw I kinda wanted to go to Italy next year and get some lamb meat

It is fake indeed, vegans are actually protesting about eating lamb at Easter (they've been doing it since day 1) but there is no upcoming law that will ban it from restaurants, or shops. I guess some restaurants may agree with the vegans and decide not to cook it, but it's just their loss (a lot of people here do eat lamb for Easter no matter what).

Personally, I'm not a big fan of lamb meat, I like pork and beef a lot more, but I don't think this vegan protesting will ever go as they wish it would :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back