Legalization of Marijuana

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is legal for medical use in Canada. But you really can't purchase it legally. odd huh?

Additionally, Canadian citizens can also apply for a permit to grow cannabis/marijuana at home strictly for medicinal purposes. An agent will pop by every so often - unexpectedly - to monitor the status of the individual's "growing" situation. As TamaMum mentioned above, one can also order through a government regulated program to obtain seeds as well. Adding to that, if one grows marijuana at home, you can also be authorized by the Canadian government to sell the marijuana to others who have a medical prescription.

I think it should be legal and taxed all around. Really it is less addicting and less harmful than cigarette (nicotine addiction) and alcohol (Alcohol addiction, as well as a list of other issues drinking can cause)

Smoking anything can cause lung cancer, even weed, but cigarettes are doing that too. There is no addiction to pot the only addiction you can form is the same addiction people form to the internet or their favorite tv shows. Its a mental addiction. As it is people can get weed easily when they want anyways, but without laws governing it other than "Thats illegal you cant have that." People will do stupid things to get it, the whole reason pot leads to harder drugs is because people meet these shady dealers who eventually try to sell them meth, cocaine etc. If they never got comfortable with that dealer they could have dodged the bullet of getting hooked on something deadly.

Personally I don't smoke any more, I smoked it for 6-7 months then I realized it made me lazy so I stopped. There are tons of people in jail for possession of marijuana, where I live they will take in people in possession of drugs and force violent offenders out of the prison system because they are so over capacity. If you relieved them of the common harmless pot head it would be somewhat of a relief on the system.

Legalizing Pot wont fix everything but its pointless to make pot illegal while cigarettes and alcohol are legal.

Use of marijuana is, in my opinion, stupid. It impairs your mind and can prevent people from doing truly fun things. But it's no worse than cigarettes or alcohol. In fact, it's better. Cigarettes are more dangerous and alcohol (which is very, very prevalent in high school students where I live) is deadly.

At my school, there are MANY people who use marijuana. I don't (because I think it's stupid) but a lot of effort and money is spent by the city and police (who have plenty of other much more pressing matters) to bust people using and selling this drug. It should be legal and government regulated (the way it is in the Netherlands). Making it legal might also decrease the use of it by rebellious people.

If someone wants to start using marijuana, he or she should know the risks and know why they're using it, making informed decisions. It can still be dangerous if one drives under the influence of it, among other things.

On the other hand, if it were legalized, I doubt underage people could legally use it, and they're the ones who like to rebelliously use drugs like this. Marijuana kills brain cells and causes laziness, and some drug users just want more.

So although I guess it should be legalized, I strongly discourage its usage, and believe it should be discouraged by communities. In my opinion, drugs are used as a substitute for the real, fun things in life. So instead of using drugs, why not find something fun to do rather than spend your time in a drug-induced reverie? :)

The use for medical purposes I support fully. It has a lot of benefits. but like EVERY medication on this planet it has downsides, this one is just organic. I'm glad it is slowly becoming less of a crime as now our services and money will go to better uses instead of imprisoning stones and otherwise great people.

before you have negative things to say, watch this video :

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png
reasons like THIS are why I support the legalization AND there is also an age limit just like alcohol.

Not all marijuana is bad, there are MANY forms.

this little buy was DYING. seizing constantly, on tonnes of different medications, after his father cave him medical consintraited cannabis oils, which btw have no impairment no halucenagenics and doesnt make the boy high at ALL. He has been healthy happy and being able to be a nomral child again, he is not curred but he has improved GREATLY

Voted it's acceptable ONLY for medical purposes. I don't see what recreational purposes marijuana has, but it can be important for medicinal reasons.

Personally , I think it should be legalized, I mea honestly, would you rather have people high on Marijuana or high on Cocaine or Acid?.

Marijuana is also actually GOOD for you, unlike cigarettes or alcohol ~

Personally , I think it should be legalized, I mea honestly, would you rather have people high on Marijuana or high on Cocaine or Acid?.

I see where you're coming from, but whether or not it's truly healthy is debatable.

Everything in moderation, i guess.

I don't care, because marijuana is a plant, no chemicals are added to it as far i know:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if talking to animals or high...

[Edit] Sure Tamamum. Sorry for the mistake, I have only recently joined. Anyway, I was saying that because in the "cartoon" of MLP the character Fluttershy has the ability to talk to the local wildlife, and since this topic was on the legalization of marijuana, I found it suiting for a joke. I assure you, it won't happen again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if talking to animals or high...
The topic is the discussion of the Legalization of Marijuana or specifically views on the whole legalization of cannabis with Colorado and Washington State.

Any mature / sensible input is welcome - as per this Seriously Non TamaTalk sub forum's rules.

Want to edit your post or explain your point more clearly? ;)

in colorado and washington its for recreational use. and where i live a new law passed that you can have an ounce in your house without being arrested. it should be taxed and regulated everywhere like colorado

Well, I agree that I would rather have people smoking this, as it calms you instead of hypes you up, but it also damages your lungs, kills brain cells, and it is really altogether not good. The hospitals use it to calm patients before surgery, or I presume they also use a painkiller, so to speak.

Well, I agree that I would rather have people smoking this, as it calms you instead of hypes you up, but it also damages your lungs, kills brain cells, and it is really altogether not good. The hospitals use it to calm patients before surgery, or I presume they also use a painkiller, so to speak.
You don't actually have to smoke marijuana. Also, in order to achieve permanent damaging results from it (brain cell loss) you have to take incredibly high doses.

People can live good, healthy, happy lives without using drugs for recreational purposes. People cannot live good, healthy, happy lives if they are ill from a disease that can only be cured using marijuana. That's why I voted it should be legal, but only for medicine.

... if they are ill from a disease that can only be cured using marijuana....
Unless I missed a spectacularly important breakthrough in medical science, I think you'll find that marijuana cannot cure any disease at all.

It is claimed by some that it helps alleviate some symptoms for some people suffering from various disorders - but there's no disease or illness that it can cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back