Lieing Friend

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoriia

Reaction score
My friend, her name is Emily, is lieing in everything she says. >< And she's being ridiculous.

I mean, everything, she's lieing about. She said at 1 AM in the morning that she rode a horse from her grandpa's farm and rode it around the school. >> She also said that her grandpa owned foxes, she said he owned it. And when I say "Thats impossible" then she makes up something else to add on. Like she said her grandpa owned a fox, I told her no way, she changed it, saying that he nursed the thing back to health then released it... I mean, honestly.

Being ridiculous? She catches worms in a pile of rotting, damp leaves in our yard. She brings them inside, I don't want her to get in trouble, so I ask her to put them down. She refuses; so I took one one day and tossed it out the door, and not very hard, it still lived. She had a hissi fit about it, how I "threw" her worm and how "the poor little cutie died".

That's always irritating. I had a friend I believed was making things up like saying my friend said something a bit inapropriate about another and saying she was dating this one person and never mentioning them again.... ?_?

It seems she wants to impress you. If you cetch her lieing, don't freak out. If you act like it really isn't a big deal then she may stop. Maybe she thinks she had to outdo you? If she lies tell her you do not appreciate lieing and would wish she would stop. Try to keep your cool, though.

Good luck.

My friend, im not going to mention names, does next to the same thing.

So i have Osgood Slaughters Disease and Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, both causing knee difficulties. She tells me how her knees hurt. The other day, she told me she Has Arthritis. I naturally Didnt trust her, so i asked her Trustworthy older sister, also my friend. Like i thought , She dosent. i tell her its a lie... She wont admit she said it in the first place.

My friend, her name is Emily, is lieing in everything she says. >< And she's being ridiculous.
I mean, everything, she's lieing about. She said at 1 AM in the morning that she rode a horse from her grandpa's farm and rode it around the school. >> She also said that her grandpa owned foxes, she said he owned it. And when I say "Thats impossible" then she makes up something else to add on. Like she said her grandpa owned a fox, I told her no way, she changed it, saying that he nursed the thing back to health then released it... I mean, honestly.

Being ridiculous? She catches worms in a pile of rotting, damp leaves in our yard. She brings them inside, I don't want her to get in trouble, so I ask her to put them down. She refuses; so I took one one day and tossed it out the door, and not very hard, it still lived. She had a hissi fit about it, how I "threw" her worm and how "the poor little cutie died".
I know someone like that. Shr said her uncle is in My Chemical Romance, and that there are on Now 706 in France. WTH?Just ignore it.

If she keeps continuously lieing [obviously after you've told her about it, and how it's making you annoyed at her] then I suggest you find a new friend because nobody wants a friend who has to keep the conversation interesting by lieing.

I actually lie sometimes... I know its not good but I don't want to be that weird girl, again.

Like whenever people ask me if I did something, I just say "yeah!"

But to go that far, wow, what a comedian! When I was younger, I tried to learn how to fly.

That didn't go so well, by the way. I convinced my sister that peoplecan fly... my friends were just like :*

I have 2 friends that lie perfusly, so I get what you mean ><

There are two things you can do:

1) Ignore it

2) Or confront it; Go up to her (while you are by yourselves) and say, "I know you have been lying to me and it is really getting to me. I like you the way you are, so there is no need to lie. I like you for you!"

See what she says and play it by ear...

Good luck :ichigotchi:

I hate people how lie. Its soooo annoying. Just stay away from her, huh?

I had a ex-friend like that she said that she rode horses because I rode horses and I knew she was lying so I kept asking her questions about horses and she said the wrong thing and I would tell her the correct answer and she would say she knew that but she just forgot

It isn't so much the lieing is bothering me now (I told her to stop, she keeps on saying it's true. I tried to tell her I like her for her, she kept on saying it's true.) more or less now, it's the stupidness. She found a snail and we made her let it go before she brings it in and keeps it in her pocket all day (it'll die.) and it took her 15 minutes to let it go. >> She kept on putting it on a branch, saying no, somewhere else, putting it somewhere else, and trying to keep it. It was real annoying, even the snail got annoyed/scared and withdrew into it's shell. ><

Ew... Gross... Bleh.. what else can I say? xD

Well then, I hope the poor snail is ok... xD

Tell her to tell teh truth, and if she insists its teh truth there is not much you can do...

It isn't so much the lieing is bothering me now (I told her to stop, she keeps on saying it's true. I tried to tell her I like her for her, she kept on saying it's true.) more or less now, it's the stupidness. She found a snail and we made her let it go before she brings it in and keeps it in her pocket all day (it'll die.) and it took her 15 minutes to let it go. >> She kept on putting it on a branch, saying no, somewhere else, putting it somewhere else, and trying to keep it. It was real annoying, even the snail got annoyed/scared and withdrew into it's shell. ><
I had a friend like that back in highschool. She would tell the most outlandish lies. She'd also act like she was some kid by running in the woods by my apartment. Thing is, I think she actually believed her lies. It wasn't until later I found out she was seeing shrink for her complusive lying or something like that... I told her about her lying and she ended up asking my cousin if I was mentally challenged out of spite. She knew it would hurt me due to me being in Speical Ed. (I have Auditory Processing Disorder I'm not slow! D:< ) I didn't return her calls after that.

Point is sometimes theres nothing you can do to help that person from themselves, maybe she has a problem and needs help from somebody.

I had a friend like that back in highschool. She would tell the most outlandish lies. She'd also act like she was some kid by running in the woods by my apartment. Thing is, I think she actually believed her lies. It wasn't until later I found out she was seeing shrink for her complusive lying or something like that... I told her about her lying and she ended up asking my cousin if I was mentally challenged out of spite. She knew it would hurt me due to me being in Speical Ed. (I have Auditory Processing Disorder I'm not slow! D:< ) I didn't return her calls after that.
Point is sometimes theres nothing you can do to help that person from themselves, maybe she has a problem and needs help from somebody.
I had a friend and we were both 10 and she said she was preganant with quads. I was the only one who didn't believe her. She said she went into labour to avoid going to my birthday.

how old i she?(no offence meant she just sounds young to me)

my ex friend used to be like that...

said something that she thought was great and when i told her she was wrong and told her it wasn't what she thought it was but the other way round,she would change her mind.....

I had a friend and we were both 10 and she said she was preganant with quads. I was the only one who didn't believe her. She said she went into labour to avoid going to my birthday.
My friends like that, well actually she's not my friend - she quit the course because the teacher found out she was lieing to get out of college. She said her Mum was blind and fell off a ladder so she had to go help her - the tutor rang her Mum and her Mum didn't know anything about.

She also told us all she has an abortion 4 weeks ago, and then the next week she came in and said 'I'm 6 weeks pregnant' but then someone said something about it and she 'No I didn't have an abortion I had a miscarriage' She couldn't even keep track of her lies. The weeks didn't even work out, and I think if you will openly lie about things like that you don't deserve children. This was about 6 months ago, and she actually isn't pregnant - why would lie about that anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back