Like What the?!?! TamaGossip?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal_kitty

Reaction score
WTF? TamaGossips closed down! I've heard some rumors but this is the main one,

TamaGossip has closed down! The admin said because Invisionfree found out there has been some under age members joining! Cant they see how hard the admin of TG worked? Their mean!
I know one thing for sure, is that im not gonna use invision free again. Jeehz

Well I was never a member of TG, but from what I've heard it was a very sucessful forum.

They chould have used the COPPA registration to prevent that from happening. I don't know why they didn't.

-Puma

GP of TP and iTamagotchi PMed the Root Admin, and she replied with this:

Ya I ended up deleting Tamagossip. For a while now I haven't had much time to go on and I always had to make time and it was taking up so much of my life. I was thinking of just making someone else in charge but then the other Admins were talking about leaving and I just decided that we didn't need TG. I mean most people know each other from other sites as well so its not like I'm cutting contact between the members and I hope that everyone will just understand that its alot of work and I never realised what it would turn into when I started it. I just wanted a simple site that I could go to and talk to other members and have people know you exist, because like here on TT for example there are so many members so it is hard to make friends and you seem insignificant. So many people were talking about wanting chat rooms and to pay to have advertising deleted and to do all these things that i'm sure would have made TG great but not something that I wanted to get into. Anyway that is basically why, it wasn't hackers and it wasn't invisionfree because of underage members.
-steph_483
I was devastated when I found it TG had closed down.

Yeah, I already made a topic about this. Crystalized is correct. Invisionfree didn't do it. I was an admin on TG and the #1 poster. There was a big debate about whether or not to use COPPA registration a while back, and the ending result was kind of complicated. As TG was my favorite forum, I miss it to death and wish the root admin would have given me a shot at trying to run it alone. (The other co-admin, my beloved greenalmonds, had to leave TG) Ack. Their were tons of rumors about what happened to TG. Tons. The truth is what GP found out. I miss TG. D=

Well, COPPA doesn't always work. It's useful, but some underage members may lie and say that their birthday is on or before September 24th, 1994 (or something like that). :mimitchi:

Also, since we know the real reason, we won't have to be worried about underage members or hackers. The admin decided to delete it. Sure, there may be another tamagossip, but there will never be a real tamagossip.

I believe that I have had a PM asking me to join Tamagossip, but I either declined or ignored it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back