Lincoln Academy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright, that's fine.." He trailed off as he saw her grab some clothing from her drawer. "Uh, if you want, I'll go sit in the bathroom while you're changing, or you can go into the bathroom to change." He realized this was going to be one issue of sharing a dorm with a girl, the part about changing clothes. Then again, he'd be able to get used to having to change only in the bathroom soon enough. Without waiting for a response, Derek walked to the bathroom, and shut the door. He sat against the door.

Olivia paused and looked atthe door. She was planning on taking a shower when she was done talking to him, but that was out of the question now, and she didn't want to bother him too much. She simply changed and tossed her clothes in the hamper and knocked on the door. "I'm done, sorry about that," she said and sat down. She grabbed her bottle of lotion from her bag and rubbed it on her arms and legs while she waited.

"Ah, alright." Derek opened the door, and came out. "No need to apologize, you know. It's not like it takes a lot of effort to sit in the bathroom for a minute or two." He walked back over to his bed, and then reached over into his bag to retrieve his trusty laptop. He flipped it open and turned it on, and waited for it to boot up. Once it did, he got on Firefox, and then he went on a hunt for a good diner somewhere nearby.

Olivia laughed quietly to herself and sat on the bed. "If you find anything worth trying tonight, be sure to let me know about it." Olivia said and stood up. "I'll be back, I leg my bag outside." She said, nit sure if be was even listening, and walked out without bothering with shoes.

Looking up at Olivia, Derek replied, "Alright, I will." He went back to searching online, clicking on various links in google and opening tabs. After some searching, he found a nice, small American diner with delicious American style cooking. He decided he would head to the diner, and then shut off his laptop. He lazily rolled onto his stomach, and then tried to take a nap.

Olivia walked outside and found her bag right where she left it in the corner. She picked it up and slung it over her shoulder before making her way back up to the room. She opened the door, and seeing Derek trying to sleep, shut the door almost inaudibly. She set her bag down and walked into the bathroom for a quick shower. Once she was done, and walked out into the room towel fruit her head. She tossed the towel in the hamper and sat on the bed with her homework.

Derek was having a rather pleasant nap, although he woke up in 25 minutes as the fact that he was starving made it difficult for him to stay asleep. He woke up, stomach grumbling and the uncomfortable sensation of hunger making his stomach hurt. He checked the clock by the bed, which said, 4:46. Groaning, he rolled back over onto his back. "Ugh. I'm so hungry."

Olivia looked up from her calculus book and glanced at Derek. "I could hear your stomach growling from here," she joked. She set the book down on the ground as quietly as she could, but it still managed to hit the ground with a dull thud. She herself was hungry, but wasn't quite ready to get up and sit in a crowded cafeteria for bland meal. Well, she hoped otherwise, but she had been in enough school cafeterias to realize food is rarely ever much more than what could be bought in bulk, and it didn't help that she was a picky eater. Olivia swung her feet over the side of her bed and rummaged through her bag to find her list of assignments so she could strike calculus off of the list. She finally realized she was done, and she zipped her bag shut.

"Ha, yeah, my stomach is pretty demanding. If I don't get any food for more than two hours, it starts to grumble like crazy. It's my metabolism, man." With a grin, he managed to get up, and stretch. "Well, anyway, I'm headed out to this nice, small diner in the city since I don't want to be sweating while eating in a stuffy cafeteria with every other student that decided to come to the dorms. Wanna come?"

Olivia stood up as well and stuck her hands in her pockets with a laugh. "Um, sure! How far is it from the dorms?" She leaned backwards and her back cracked loudly. She stood up again and giggled nervously. "Sorry, it does that sometimes," she explained and smiled.

"Well, it's only a short walk, about a block fr-" He cut short, the cracking noise stopping his sentence short. "From here," Derek finished, and added, "It's fine. Anyway, unless a block is too far for you, which it shouldn't be, since you're athletic, let's get going." Patting his pocket to make sure he had his wallet, Derek headed towards the door and then opened it.

Olivia chuckled to herself as he stopped short when her back cracked. "That's perfect!" she said and walked out of the dorm and turned to face him. She reached into her pocket to make sure she had the dorm key and a twenty dollar bill, and then waited for him to join her.

Derek walked out of the room, and then shut the door. He took his key out of his pocket, and then locked the door. Putting his key back in his pocket, he looked up at Olivia. "Alright, let's go." Derek began to head down the stairs of the dorm, until he reached the main floor. Sure enough, from there, he could hear a loud buzz from the noise of numerous students chatting in the cafeteria. The smell of food tempted him, but he continued walking towards the door. Once he got out of the dorm, he sighed, and realized he would probably have to come back and do his homework... Eh. Like *&^Z~# did he want to do his homework, especially since he was now in New York City. He hadn't had enough time to explore the city yet, as he had only gotten here a day ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Olivia followed him silently. She avoided looking at the other students Inge cafeteria as she walked out of the school. Once in the open air, she let out a slight, happy smile and walked alongside him. "So Derek, what classes are you taking?"

"Whatever ones the counselor put me in. I couldn't decide which ones to pick, so I just told him to pick for me." It was a lie- actually, Derek just didn't care what he got put in to, since he was basically completely average at normal school subjects. He knew he would probably end up recruited by some team in the NFL eventually, so he didn't bother working too hard at school. There was no way he was gonna tell this to Olivia though, as he didn't want her to think he was a complete jerk. Not on the first day of school, at least. "What about you?"

"A lot of honors classes, which is going to be hard with soccer at the same time. I don't know how this is really going to work, seeing as soccer tryouts are tomorrow." Olivia replied, trying to avoid sounding like she was bragging. She hated being judged unfairly by how smart she was, she she tried to keep it on the down-low most of the time. "I might have to drop a class for a study hall, but I don't know just yet. I'm really just here for soccer really, but my parents told me that I can't stay if I don't bother with schoolwork." Olivia was rambling, and she could tell. She stopped talking and stuck her hands in her pockets. The mention of her soccer tryouts set the butterflies in her stomach off, and she began to worry incessantly over something that was still a day away.

Derek felt pretty stupid at the fact that she was in all honors classes, and about the fact he was only in about one honors class since there was only one subject he really worked on, which was science. He didn't say anything about that, though, and went ahead and replied, "Maybe just take study hall for one of your periods, it'll be easier. Oh, and you'll make the team, don't worry. You look more athletic than some of the girls I saw during introductions in one of my classes who play soccer, but look more like they'd rather go eat a large order of nachos at Taco Bell. Well, anyway.." Derek looked up at the tall skyscrapers of Manhattan, marveling at their height. It made him a bit dizzy, though.

Olivia giggled and crossed her arms. "That's most likely what I'm gonna end up doing. Well I'm glad to hear that, I'm very excited for tomorrow. When does football start for you?" She asked and looked at all of the people as they passed. Listening to all of the different accents made her head swim. She was from a small town with very few outsiders passing through. She was in awe of how much you could tell about someone just by how they talked. She glanced in the windows of shops as she passed, and made a promise to herself to go in them, as well as find a local sports store. She looked back at Derek and found him looking at the buildings and smiled.

Derek put his hands in his pockets, and then looked back down, redirecting his gaze back from the skyscrapers to the path in front of him. "Football starts tomorrow, they had tryouts like early this morning." He knew he had pretty much passed tryouts and made it into varsity easily, as basically every other person trying out for quarterback had slight errors with their aim, throwing strength, and other athletic factors. "I'm also pretty excited for tomorrow. Football is basically my life, although I dunno if I really want to go into the NFL. There's a bunch of greedy, 'roid ripped men in there." He knew the diner was coming up soon, so he began to keep his eye out for it.

Olivia nodded. "Honestly, I have to agree with you. I know I have just met you and all, but I wouldn't want you to turn into one of those overpayed football players. They never turn out well, and I bet you could do so much better than that," she replied slowly and carefully, wording it as to make sure she didn't offend him in any way. "But, anyway, let me know when your first home game is, I'd like to come see!" She finished with a smile and peered down the street for anything that resembled a diner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back