Log: A Carer of Eight

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Hapihapitchi, thanks for your comment! I'm glad you're enjoying the log, and I'm also glad that you think the stats integrate well with my style! I do envy the creativity in your log, which I doubt that a very logical fellow like me can replicate. But everyone's got their style, which is what makes the whole collection of logs fun to read!
I did read about April's evolution beforehand and I thought about Pippi when I saw what she became! The two must share a kinship with each other!

While I'm on the subject of compliments, thank you Jade27 for liking most of my episodes so far! I'm glad that you are also enjoying my logging efforts.
Not to mention, this log already has over 400 views now! Thank you all for your support. It helps me write my episodes as best I can, which makes my log better!

Anyway, since an episode is due, I may as well include the new episode in this post. So...

Episode 17

Woohoo! The working week is done! You know what this means? Computers, Tamas, Games, Tamas, Relaxing, Tamas, Tamas, Buses, TamaTalk, Tamas, Music, Tamas, Tamas and Tamas for the next two days!

As per usual, some events have occured to my family of Tamas, so it's time to see what they've been doing since last time!

So, as expected, Rauru evolved into a Shimashimatchi!

DSCN0386_zpsfyxtuqzv.jpg

However, exactly when he evolved was not so expected. As I stated last time, he turned 3 on Wednesday night, making him old enough to evolve into an adult. So naturally, I expected him to evolve on Thursday afternoon. But he didn't! He still hung out as a teenager for the whole of Thursday, at age 3! I don't know why this was the case, but I theorise that the excessive pausing might've mucked up his growth process a bit.

He finally evolved on Friday afternoon, shortly after I unpaused him. I guess Rauru really valued his teenagehood! He turned 4 years old a few hours after he evolved, so his growth really is out of whack.
I'm liking Shimashimatchi so far, though I did find an interesting thing with his sprite:

DSCN0403_zpsiq8sqwlv.jpg

I actually noticed it before he was in the bath, though this picture really illustrates what I'm about to explain. It seems that the sprite designers were a bit lazy with Shimashimatchi's sprite in that they put it over to the very edge of the allocated "block" that adult characters use. This is the case because Shimashimatchi's default sprite is quite thin compared to many other adults and they didn't bother to center the sprite in the block.

You can really see this when Shimashimatchi is doing his idle animation (And in this, it constantly switches between the normal and mirrored version of the default sprite), in which, because of the lack of centering, you see him shake from side to side constantly. Some other characters do this too, but they only shift one pixel as opposed to four with Shimashimatchi. As seen above, it's also really obvious when he's having a bath, as his sprite is on the edge of the bathtub instead of the center like with most other adult characters.

It's pretty funny to see this, not just because of the sprite itself but also because of the oversight of the programmers. I've noticed that there are errors on some other sprites on the Version 4 as well. One example is Tensaitchi's eating animation; his mouth open and close sprites are reversed, making him look odd whenever he eats, talks, makes a mess or even faces left or right (For example, if he's facing towards Nazotchi when getting paid for his job, his mouth is hanging open even though he's not eating or talking). Tosakatchi and both of the Tsubutchi babies have the same problem that Tensaitchi does.

Oh, Bandai, you make me laugh sometimes!

Talking about Tensaitchi, Yuji was still with his baby as of Friday afternoon. The pausing, obviously, kept him around for another day. I quite treasure this, because I'm starting to really like Tensaitchi, especially since I worked hard to get him. He left at midnight, officially starting the fourth generation in this Tama!

Here's one last picture of Yuji, comically wearing a dress:

DSCN0393_zpsoi5t4jzf.jpg

I like how the dress meshes with the lab coat. I also like, though, how Yuji doesn't seem hesitant to do it! He must be more daring than he seems...

Yuji's partner, Ellen, is still with her baby as well. I finally caught her doing close-ups:

DSCN0401_zpso3w2lanm.jpg

Cute! I hadn't seen her do this before then, so it's good that I did while she was still around.

Like Yuji, Ellen left her baby at midnight, which will be paused later in Saturday for the group hatch.

While Ellen and Yuji took three days to leave their babies, Cass was more eager to move on. I saw the new baby crying, alone, on Friday morning. However, there was to be no baby-caring this time, since he was planned to be paused for the group hatch.

In the afternoon, when I could finally get to him, I named him Zach:

DSCN0384_zps4pyqbcwg.jpg

Shortly after I finished naming him, I fed him his meals and snacks, and then took the cover off to take the battery out, revealing the mismatched blue back cover once more. After this, the Tama became de-activated, which it will remain so until the 24th.
DSCN0389_zpsj0yt3kaz.jpg

Interestingly, the Version 1 was still working for about 10 seconds after I took the battery out. It just shows how little power a Connection series Tamagotchi uses!

But yes, next time you see Zach, he'll be in the Tama-thon Marathon group hatch log!

Pippi the Ginjirotchi is still cruising along. She's now 6 years old, so she's beginning to reach middle-age. I tried Slot a few more times with her but was unable to get three jump sprites in a row, so she still doesn't have a whole lot of points. I'll just need to practice!

There is one rather major development with Pippi. She's in love!

DSCN0409_zpsqizd6qpg.jpg

Yep, with Rauru! I decided to connect the two a lot on Friday because, while the two are some years apart, it's still possible for them to breed. I thought that it will be more exciting than leaving the two to the Matchmaker anyway, so I went with it.

Pippi and Rauru actually fell in love pretty quickly. It took them a while to get up to three faces, but then shortly after that, they suddenly had hearts for each other! I didn't know that you could get two strangers in love that quickly. All the more convenience though! I'd say that the two are currently limited (In terms of being able to marry) by Rauru's age; once he turns 4 and gets a job, though, the two could well get their marriage underway!

Hiroshi finally turned 1 on Friday, and so he became a teenager. He is now...

DSCN0383_zps8n32i5ky.jpg

A Hashitamatchi! Another Universal teen, which is a little disappointing. At least I can try for Gozarutchi though. Since I don't seem to get him on the other versions, that would be rather exciting!

I will have to comment though that I don't like how strict the Version 4.5 is in terms of keeping Tamas in the Universal family as long as they have "The Gene". There seems to be no way to get out once you get in. They could have fixed that problem if you were able to do the "Family switch trick" like you seemingly can with the other families on the Version 4.5. With this strictness in regards to the "Universal Loop", it really limits the characters you can obtain, all of which you can have on other versions!

It seems that the only way you'd be able to get out of the Universal Loop is via marrying a character from the three main families on another Version 4.5 (Not the Matchmaker), because my technique on marrying with a mainstream character via the Matchmaker doesn't seem to work! I don't have another Version 4.5 to do this, so I really don't know what to do...

Anyway, nothing I can really control at this point. For now, I'll just focus on getting Gozarutchi. Hiroshi is now in Mr. Canvas' class, so I hope to get him a lot of Spiritual points in the next couple of days, which should warrant him on evolving into the mysterious little ninja.

Robin is now 9 years old, so she's very close to becoming a senior. I anticipate that she'll turn 10 and evolve sometime on Saturday, which is exciting. I haven't had an Otokitchi since i restarted my Tamas, so it will be great to relive the experience!

On Thursday afternoon, Robin FINALLY got her notification to change jobs. Using this opportunity, I got her a job at the Hospital. I like the minigame (Just like with the Version 3's Get Music and the one at the Bank), though the skulls freak me out a tiny bit. The skull sprite on the Tamagotchi Connection releases always gave me an eerie vibe!

I bought Robin a couple more items throughout Friday afternoon. Here's a photo of Robin playing a trumpet that I recently bought her:

DSCN0396_zps2xdm7t68.jpg

"You're now going to remark about how Robin can play the trumpet without hands, aren't you?"

Yuji?! How did you even know that I was going to do that?

"Because I can read your mind, WITH MY MIND!"

Okay, that's just creepy.

"You really underestimate me. I can do anything I want, WITH MY BRILLIANT MIND!"

Okay, okay. Enough of that "WITH MY MIND" business, please. Oh, wait! Didn't you just leave your baby? Why are you talking to me?

"I am still alive, you know. I just left my daughter so I can spend time with Ellen in Tamagotchi Planet! I may not trust you with your literalism, but I can trust you with caring for my baby, you know."

Are you sure you can?

"Of course! Because I will always be watching you, from no matter how far away... WITH MY MIND!"

Um. well... all right then. Do whatever you want, I guess...

And finally, Lance. He's still trailing a year behind Clair; he's 8 years old now. I saw the Matchmaker come to him at 7:00 PM again, though I ignored her just like last time. The Matchmaker still isn't learning, is she? Assuming all goes to plan, Lance should evolve into Ojitchi sometime on Sunday.

Lance got his opportunity to change jobs on Friday afternoon and I got him a job at the bakery. I'm very good at the minigame now, given that I played it a whole lot to evolve Alma (Robin's mother) into Makiko some time ago.

I was looking for some clothing in Lance's inventory for him to show off for this episode. I found a pair of sunglasses, and he looked pretty smick in them:

DSCN0397_zps1b5imtgr.jpg

For once, he actually seemed comfortable in some clothing! It's rather weird that Yuji seems more confident in crossdressing than Lance does, even though Lance is the one with high Fashion points!

Anyway, that's all eight of 'em covered! Now it's time for stats!

-Stats for Pippi (Version 2)-
Hunger: 4 hearts
Happiness: 3 hearts
Training: 9 bars
Weight: 35 lb
Generation: 7G
Stage: Adult
Evolution: ShiroPetitchi > Kuribotchi > UFOtchi > Ginjirotchi

-Stats for Ellen (Version 3)-
Happiness: 4 hearts
Weight: 36 lb
Generation: 3G
Stage: Adult (Parent)
Evolution: ShiroTeletchi > Kuchitamatchi > Young Mametchi > Pyonkotchi

-Stats for Robin (Green Version 4)-
Skill Points: 181 Intelligence / 35 Fashion / 22 Social
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Puchitchi > Young Memetchi > Ponytchi

-Stats for Lance (Snowy Blue Version 4)-
Skill Points: 63 Intelligence / 242 Fashion / 36 Social
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Puchitchi > Gourmetchi > Togetchi

-Stats for Yuji (Flowery Blue Version 4)-
Training: 6 bars
Skill Points: 405 Intelligence / 55 Fashion / 50 Social
Stage: Adult (Special, Parent)
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Puchitchi > Young Androtchi > Mametchi > Tensaitchi

-Stats for Rauru (White Version 4)-
Skill Points: 25 Intelligence / 52 Fashion / 146 Social
Weight: 33 lb
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Mizutamatchi > Hinotamatchi > Shimashimatchi

-Stats for Hiro (Version 4.5)-
Training: 4 bars
Skill Points: 28 Funny / 49 Glamour / 83 Spiritual
Weight: 20 lb
Generation: 4G
Stage: Teenager
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Hitodetchi > Hashitamatchi

Okay, well that's all for today! There will be an episode in a day, though, so if you're enjoying this log, look forward to that!
I will be busy for a few hours during Saturday, but I should still run my Tamas for most of the day. But anyway, I'll see you next time!

Lance and Ellen are the cutest ;w;... Love your log!!!! (also.. 50.6k points jesus christ)

Hi Kyuu! I'm glad you're enjoying the log too! I'm quite surprised on my Version 4.5's points myself - I suppose I simply haven't bought much stuff since I gained it all! A lot of this fortune came from when this 4.5 was in its first generation - I was training an Ura Kuchipatchi (Named Ralph) into a Mukimukitchi and got a heap of points by continuously playing the Man-Hole game. I'm wondering how I can spend it!

Anyway, I'm well overdue for another episode, so...

Episode 18

Yeah, that's right, it's another late one! I'm really starting to think that this will not be an uncommon trait with this log. I was well on track to write the episode on Saturday, but I was suddenly busy at night and I couldn't continue until 11:45 PM! I soon realised that I was way too tired to complete the episode on time. So, I decided to combine the events of Saturday and Sunday into one episode for this weekend. I adopted the unusual strategy of writing it over the whole day, which gave me less stress and allowed me to post it before midnight for once!

Well anyway, let's get onto it. First up, some major news for Robin. The first thing I heard on Saturday morning was the evolution beep. Since no-one else was due to evolve at the time, I knew it was Robin. I was right when I saw Otokitchi on the screen!

DSCN0413_zpsguybqak2.jpg

She was still 9 years old when she evolved, so I assume that the Version 4 has the adult evolve into the senior stage at 9 instead of 10 (Which makes sense given that the teenager stage is shortened by a day compared to earlier versions). She did turn 10 a few hours afterward, though. I found Otokitchi to be a fitting character for Robin's evolution, because both Otokitchi and Ponytchi are humanoid characters with hair. I guess it's that... Robin naturally aged! It'd be more jarring if she evolved into Otokitchi from a more animal-like character.

Anyway, as seen above, when I sent Robin to work, the King came up to send her to retirement. Poor Robin was quite unhappy about this, as she was only getting started at the Hospital. Oh well - at least she can relax!

I also realised that Robin also finally grew some arms when she evolved, so she can actually use items without raising question marks now!

"It also means that you won't get to make any more remarks about Robin using items without hands!"

You again?

"Yes! I told you last time that I'd continue watching you, you know."

Whatever you reckon, Yuji...

Anyway, Robin is still chilling out in her elderly form as of now. She's still fit and healthy, waiting for her true love, Lance, to see her again.

Lance, however, is seeming to cling onto his youth for as long as he can. He turned 9 years old shortly after he went to bed on Saturday, but still remained a Togetchi for the whole of Sunday. I found a heap of pencils in Lance's inventory, so I took some photos of him using them:

DSCN0467_zpslcwahxev.jpg

I wonder, do we have a potential yacht designer here? Unless it's art depicting a yacht, which is just as cool.

Well, he can only stay young for so long. I estimate that he'll evolve into Ojitchi shortly after I unpause him on Monday afternoon. Then, he and Robin can marry! That'll be exciting!

Talking about marriages...

DSCN0448_zpspdkngllt.jpg

Yep, Pippi and Rauru already made it official! I couldn't get marriage photos unfortunately, since it was nighttime and the camera couldn't focus on two Tamas at once with only artificial light.

The two were able to breed on Saturday night, right after Rauru got his job. As you can see, the two had baby girls! The two should stick around with their offspring until either Sunday or Monday night - afterwards, their babies will be paused for the group hatch.

Before I forget, Rauru got a job at the amusement park, like Link did (His Grandfather). How he can grab balloons without hands is a bit of a mystery, but he seems to enjoy his job.

"You're now just doing this to annoy me, aren't you?"

Yep! You got that right!

In the last day or so, I mostly played the Shape game when he was losing happiness to raise his Intelligence points. While it doesn't do anything at this stage, I thought that I may as well do it since they were appallingly low! He may have great social skills, but he needs more general knowledge! Not that shooting shapes at other shapes would do that to a human...

As with Pippi's life other than her marriage, I've been getting better with her at Slot. I won a number of points and she now has over 2,800 points again, which is a more reasonable amount. While I didn't get the big jackpot like before, I did more consistently get two or so "O"s and she won multiple lots of 270 points throughout the day. Besides winning at Bump and getting the jackpot with 9 betted points at Slot, it's a pretty big amount for the Version 2.

As said last time, Ellen left her own baby on Friday night. On Saturday morning, her baby was crying, and some time into the morning I named her Joan.

DSCN0414_zpsyolaxaq5.jpg

Like with Cass' baby, Zach, I took the battery out after I fed her her meals and snacks. Now, Joan will wait until the group hatch, where she will be raised alongside Zach, as well as Pippi and Rauru's babies. So this leaves 6 Tamas in this log now!

DSCN0419_zps8z0cqfzh.jpg

Yuji's baby, of course, was crying at the same time as Ellen's baby. However, since the flowery blue Version 4 won't be used in the hatch, I started to raise her like normal.

DSCN0417_zpswojdcmh1.jpg

Since I started taking care of the new baby, I made a number of different mistakes. First, I was going to name her Yuki (Since the name sounds similar to Yuji), but while I was naming her, someone else began talking to me, so I tried scrolling through letters on the fourth space while looking at the person instead of the screen. However, I pressed the B button repeatedly instead of the A button, and so I accidentally entered the name without finishing it. The result ended up as "Yukd"!

Despite this error, I'll continue to name her Yuki on the log.

I then made another mistake part-way through the baby stage. I was listening to music to pass the time while taking care of Yuki, and suddenly, one of my favourite tracks came on. I began to attentively listen to that for a number of minutes and totally forgot about the baby! When it finished, I found Yuki with only two hearts on both hunger and happiness. Whoops!

Not surprisingly, because of this care slip, Yuki evolved into a Mizutamatchi when she reached the child stage. Apparently, Mizutamatchi is more likely to appear when you take bad care of a baby on the Version 4!

DSCN0452_zpss3pbsgsv.jpg

I then made yet another error with Yuki's care when I was busy on Saturday night. I paused all of the Tamas for this period, since I could not tend to them, or I thought I did. It turned out that I forgot to pause Yuki! When I returned, I found her asleep with only 1 hungry heart and 2 happy hearts! She didn't need to call for attention, but it was still a slip-up if you ask me! She got her hearts full after she woke up on Sunday, though.

DSCN0468_zpsv3c9josj.jpg

At about 5:00 PM on Sunday, she evolved into a Young Memetchi. I'm surprised that I got the good-care Meme teen despite all the slip-ups. Well, anyway, I'm still pretty disappointed with myself. If I gave better care I may have ended up with Puchitchi or Harutchi in the child stage which may have put her on the Mame path. Talking about Harutchi, I have never gotten that child character yet on the Version 4, and this is after a month since starting my Tamas up again! That's weird.

Anyway, I've got Memetchi, Ponytchi or Violetchi to choose from for the adult stage... again. Well, if I remember correctly, I've least-recently had Violetchi. So I'll aim for her to be just like her great-grandmother, Luana! Despite Violetchi being cool and all, it's still a bit saddening, just because I've had that character three times already.

"It's all your fault! You ruined my daughter's future! She was supposed to follow in my footsteps and become an intelligent Mame adult! I knew I shouldn't have trusted you."

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I really am! I'm usually better with this stuff.

"Hmph..."

Hey, at least I did something good! She's got arms now, so I can't joke about her using items without hands!

"That's the best excuse you've got?"

*Sighs*

Anyway, I've enrolled Yuki into Mr. Canvas' class, though I didn't bother sending her to school yet. I'll do it tomorrow afternoon, which will begin to boost her Social points significantly.

This leaves me to Hiroshi the Hashitamatchi (Try saying that 5 times fast!). He was two years old by Sunday and had gained a lot of Spiritual points. I went to the shop a whole lot on the weekend to try find some items and spend the mountain of cash that Hiroshi has, but I only ended up finding a trumpet, and by Sunday afternoon I won so many points that I now have about as much as I did on Friday, despite the item purchases!

When I checked Hiroshi's items, I found a whole lot of chests that were purchased over time but unused. To clear up space, I had Hiroshi use a few of them.

DSCN0460_zpsgdmynpfl.jpg

In this photo, he was lucky to obtain some building blocks!

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Hiroshi will become an adult on Monday afternoon. Will he become a Gozarutchi as expected, or will he surprise us all and enter one of the main families? We'll see!

Well that's all eig... I mean, seven of them covered! Therefore, it's time for stats!

-Stats for Pippi (Version 2)-
Generation: 7G
Evolution: ShiroPetitchi > Kuribotchi > UFOtchi > Ginjirotchi

Skill Points: 187 Intelligence / 35 Fashion / 26 Social
Stage: Senior
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Puchitchi > Young Memetchi > Ponytchi > Otokitchi

Skill Points: 71 Intelligence / 261 Fashion / 51 Social
Weight: 31 lb
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Puchitchi > Gourmetchi > Togetchi

-Stats for Yuki (Yukd, Flowery Blue Version 4)-
Training: 4 bars
Skill Points: 12 Intelligence / 30 Fashion / 33 Social
Weight: 20 lb
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Mizutamatchi > Young Memetchi

-Stats for Rauru (White Version 4)-
Skill Points: 52 Intelligence / 56 Fashion / 159 Social
Weight: 32 lb
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Mizutamatchi > Hinotamatchi > Shimashimatchi

-Stats for Hiro (Version 4.5)-
Training: 8 bars
Skill Points: 47 Funny / 51 Glamour / 171 Spiritual
Weight: 26 lb
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Hitodetchi > Hashitamatchi

Well that's all for the weekend! I'm sorry for this lateness again, just as I got back to schedule no less! Well, no-one seems to be complaining, so it's not the biggest deal I guess. As always, I'll try my hardest to get things on time, but sometimes I may have to delay/merge episodes, depending on what's going on.

Anyway, thanks yet again for your undying support! I'll try and see you on Wednesday!

This makes me want to get more tamas now like seriously how do you take care of so many!?!! I really want to start my v4.5 binge again Appadeia.exe has exploded from nostalgia

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Appadeia! Thanks for reading the log. How I manage to take care of my eight Tamas is a rather orderly approach. Usually every 15 to 30 minutes, I check all of them, one by one, and tend to the ones which have a heart drop. I do feeding first (Because it's quick) and then I play games with whichever Tamas have a dropped happy heart. After another 15-30 minutes, it's rinse and repeat. Occasionally, of course, I spend larger blocks of time with my Tamas such as if they need to go to school, or connect with one another.

It's pretty efficient once you get used to it, though it can be time-consuming with eight at once. I do pause them (Other than for work) when I have to do long jobs around the house and can't tend to the Tamas while doing it; same for outings. Therefore, I mostly run my Tamas in my free time, which luckily for me makes the majority of the day, excluding work.

Despite my disciplined approach, I doubt that my system can work for everyone. I'd imagine that people who are studying (And even are additionally working and/or caring for kids on top of that) wouldn't be able to keep on top of caring for eight Tamas at once. In that case I'm rather lucky that I have a comparatively lax lifestyle at the moment.

I don't get stressed all that much from my Tamas usually; in fact, writing this log is actually more resource-heavy to me There have been a couple of times, however, when I had to pause my Tamas for a while just for a small break, especially when I had other things to do. Of course, during this month I am gradually pausing my Tamas in preparation for the Tama-thon Marathon group hatch, which I am partially using as a break from intense caregiving.

I actually am noticing the difference now after experiencing the increasingly-lighter workload. But, despite all odds, it certainly is possible to take care of eight at once, at least for me! If you ever decide to do a Tama binge as you said you want to, I wish you the best of luck!

Anyway, to everyone else who's reading this, I have to regretfully inform you that there's yet another episode delay! This time, I have fallen ill with a bad cold, and my mind isn't nearly as sharp as it usually is. I doubt I can complete the episode tonight if I tried, so I'll have to leave it for now. If I get the day off work tomorrow, I may write the next episode over the whole day, but there are no promises there. If there isn't an episode tomorrow then I'll pause the Tamas and hold off the writing until I get better.

I'm sorry yet again for this inconvenience! A lot of things beyond my control just seem to be gripping me lately. Anyway, I'll have to see you next time I suppose...

P.S. I will tell you something, though... Expect a certain, long-overdue Tama-wedding first-up next episode!

Episode 19

Man, I'm starting to think that this log has no schedule at all! This is the third episode delay so far (And all of them were pretty recent), so it's really becoming chaotic. At least my excuse is due to something that is out of my control! I've been pretty crook from my cold over the last day or so, and I've even been having headaches, so I was in no condition to write a full episode properly on Wednesday night. I'm still sick now, but not nearly as bad as last night, so I was able to write the episode today.

I've had my Tamas paused from this morning, not because I couldn't take care of them - I didn't want them to get too far ahead from last episode so I wouldn't have too much to write about. If I have to log them over a number of Tama-years at once, it might prove too much for me and it will lead to even more delays! I'll start them up again sometime later when I'm back on track.

Anyway, without further ado, let's get onto the Tamas!

So first up is Lance. On Monday afternoon, I unpaused him first when I got home from work, since I anticipated him to evolve into Ojitchi. Sure enough, after a minute, he finally relented his young age and evolved!

DSCN0473_zpscy2wwwxy.jpg

I found it funny when I saw Lance evolve into his Ojitchi form, because it actually looks like Togetchi naturally aged, a bit like Robin.

"But how? Togetchi is cat-based, and Ojitchi is humanoid! It doesn't make sense!"

True, Yuji, but I was thinking differently as compared to with Robin. You see, no-one actually knows what Togetchi looks like without his hair. I, however, think that Togetchi would more or less have a ball-shaped body, considering that he already has a somewhat spherical shape (If you don't count his spikes). Since Ojitchi's main body is also spherical, you could theorise that when Lance evolved, most of his hair fell out as part of the aging process, turning him into Ojitchi! The small tufts of hair on his sides and the single hair on top are all that's left.

"So you're saying that Lance was subject to balding when he evolved?"

Precisely!

"Ugh... you're so literal. You really aren't helping my cause..."

The problem with this theory is that Togetchi has arms and Ojitchi doesn't. Also, Togetchi seems to have upward-pointing ears which cannot be seen on Ojitchi at all. But still, it makes more sense than say, Mametchi evolving into Ojitchi, since Mametchi has the whole lower body which Ojitchi doesn't have.

Well anyway, since both Lance and Robin were finally in the Senior stage, I bet you'll correctly guess what I did next:

DSCN0480_zpsll6x46qd.jpg

Yep, the two got married, after not having seen each other for 7 Tama-years! Of course, the two babies were boys, as they will become Oyajitchi once their parents leave them. At the moment, Lance and Robin are still with their babies.

Talking about babies, Rauru and Pippi finally left their babies on Monday night. The poor infants were crying for the whole of Tuesday and most of Wednesday, before I could finally name them when I came back home in the afternoon!

DSCN0486_zps0j3ilgxu.jpg

Pippi's baby was named Kayla, and Rauru's was named Saria, after another sage from Ocarina of Time. However, of course, the two babies didn't stay around for long, as I removed their batteries shortly after feeding them. Like with the other babies, they'll next be seen in the group hatch!

DSCN0489_zpsfllbeuim.jpg

This next brings me to Hiroshi. I unpaused him on Monday and expected him to evolve right away (Since he was 3 years old), but he seemed to value his teenagehood enough to hold off growing up until a few hours later. When he finally did in the late evening, the result surprised me!

DSCN0490_zpsezkp44tt.jpg

Weirdly, he became a Mametchi instead of a Gozarutchi, despite having way more Spiritual points! This must certainly debunk my theory of getting Gozarutchi with high Spiritual points then. In that case, I really don't know what decides the adult stage in the Universal family now. Perhaps it just selects the adult randomly, or possibly via care levels. Unless you do get Mametchi with high Spiritual points, which would be pretty weird.

I really did think the Universal adults were divided by type of points, since in previous generations I got Mimitchi with high Funny points and Memetchi with high Glamour points (And that's how you get Ura Memetchi in the UraMeme family), but maybe they were chosen from something different after all! If anyone knows how the Universal adults on the Version 4.5 are selected, don't hesitate to let me know! It'll certainly be interesting.
If no-one has answers, then I at least have something to do if I can't get out of the Universal cycle. I can find out exactly how the Universal adults are decided through experiments!

Anyway, I have a new plan for Hiroshi. While I didn't plan it originally, I think I'll now marry Hiroshi with Yuki on the flowery blue Version 4. The reason why is so that Hiroshi might be able to inject Mame genes into Yuki's family again (Since Mametchi is considered a Mame adult on the Version 4) which could make Yuki's offspring more likely to go down the Mame path. That would be pretty cool if it works.

"Excellent idea! With this, you'll be able to set my descendants straight again! You can have them become intelligent Mame adults! I can continue my legacy then."

Uh... thanks for your approval, Yuji!
Anyway, Yuki and Hiroshi have already connected a fair amount. They currently have three faces as their friendship level. A few more sessions and they'll have four faces, which will make it much easier for them to marry when Yuki's an adult.

Talking about Yuki, she's still been cruising along. She's now 2, which means that she'll probably become an adult on the weekend sometime (Unless the pausing knocks her growth out of whack). She also has a lot of Social points now.

Here's a picture of her enjoying a bouquet:

DSCN0493_zpstplf29ua.jpg

Yuki'll only stay around for a few more days, since she'll get married off to Hiroshi as early as possible. At least a few days is still some time, though.

Well, that's all of 'em covered! I can't believe I'm taking care of only four Tamas now. It'll eventually go down to two, but it'll pick back up on the turn of the 24th! Well anyway, it's time for stats!

Skill Points: 205 Intelligence / 35 Fashion / 41 Social
Stage: Senior (Parent)

Skill Points: 78 Intelligence / 261 Fashion / 51 Social
Weight: 41 lb
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Puchitchi > Gourmetchi > Togetchi > Ojitchi

Hunger: 3 hearts
Training: 5 bars
Skill Points: 22 Intelligence / 33 Fashion / 112 Social
Weight: 19 lb
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Mizutamatchi > Young Memetchi

-Stats for Hiroshi (Hiro, Version 4.5)-
Skill Points: 51 Funny / 51 Glamour / 179 Spiritual
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Hitodetchi > Hashitamatchi > Mametchi

Anyway, that's all for this odd Thursday episode, folks! When the next episode should arrive depends on what happens to me next; if I am good enough to get back to work on Friday, then I'll leave the Tamas paused till Saturday morning and write my next episode then. If I'm still sick, however, I'll unpause the Tamas and attempt to write another episode tomorrow. But anyway, I'll see you sometime later! Thanks for putting up with my rather scattered episode releases! -_-

Oh yeah, and I've surpassed 500 views! Thank you all, as always!

Episode 20

Hi Tamafans! I was lucky enough to get the day off again today, which means MORE TAMAS! Not to mention, more episodes on this log! While I'm still sick, I'm on my way to recovery now, so by Monday I should be better and will be able to work again. But before then, it's Tama time for three days straight!

Anyway, I've realised that episodes from now will be fairly short, mostly because of the amount of Tamas I'm running at the moment. But anyway, I hope you still enjoy them regardless. At least I posted this before midnight - in fact, this was completed at 7:38 PM Australian time! Well, time for you so see what Hiroshi, Robin, Lance and Yuki have been up to!

Last time, on Log: A Carer of Eight...

Talking about Yuki, she's still been cruising along. She's now 2, which means that she'll probably become an adult on the weekend sometime (Unless the pausing knocks her growth out of whack).
Well, guess what? I was wrong about that!

DSCN0506_zps7fuz5k8o.jpg

She evolved into a Violetchi at about 2:30 PM, and even more interestingly, she was still 2 years old when she did evolve! She is 3 now though, as of me posting this episode.

I've had this happen to me when I was a kid, but it was the first time this occurred since I started this log. I wonder what triggers it, and I also wonder if it's a glitch or not. Anyway, I suppose we'll never know. Maybe her growth went out of whack in the other direction! Unless Yuki just really wanted to grow up as soon as possible...

Anyway, you all know what this means!

DSCN0509_zpswsmryumt.jpg

Yep, Hiroshi and Yuki fell in love, of course! I connected them a few times before Yuki evolved (Getting them to 4 faces), so they fell in love instantly when they both became adults. Interestingly, while Violetchi is an obtainable character on the Version 4.5, Yuki still shows up as a Nazotchi in Hiroshi's shell. Do you have an explanation, Yuji?

"I'm not going to tell you! My purpose in this log is to stop you from questioning the Tamagotchi world, not letting you find out about it! Some things just ought to remain secret!"

Man, you're just ruining the fun!

Anyway, neither Hiroshi or Yuki have left school yet, so it'll probably be another day before the two get to marry.

Yesterday, I was looking around TamaTalk for more information about how exactly the Universal family on the Version 4.5 works. Well, it turns out that it's a bit of an enigma! Many of the threads which I saw showed various methods to get in/out of the Universal family, some of which apparently did and/or didn't work. However, the thread which caught my attention the most was this: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/186766-cant-get-universals-on-v45/

I thought that it may be somewhat accurate since it has comments from a TamaTalk Guide on it, so I decided to read through it. Two users (Including the Guide) concluded that one possible way to exit the Universal cycle could be to take bad care of a Tama in its baby and/or child stage, in which case it may become a teenager from one of the main families. While I don't know if this could work for sure, I may as well take a shot and see what happens. Better than not trying and continually getting Universals anyway.

So what I think I might do is try taking bad care of a future generation while in the baby/child stage on this Version 4.5. I don't think I'll do it to Hiroshi's offspring, since he/she will be in the group hatch, but I think I'll try it with the generation after that. That way, next generation, I can find out in the meantime how the Universal adults are chosen (Like what I was talking about last episode). I'll elaborate more on that later though, when Hiroshi's baby actually exists!

Anyway, it's time to get back onto the Oldies. Today will probably be Lance's last day with his baby, since he's stuck around with him since Monday. I'll definitely miss Lance, since he's been around for so long; he's been in this log in some form since Episode 8! That's over half of the whole thing as of now, so that's pretty cool.

In order to give a send-off for him, I decided to have him try something that Oldies probably don't do often:

DSCN0508_zpszrwsqsuw.jpg

Interestingly, he seemed more comfortable in jeans than he was when he tried the same thing as a Togetchi! Maybe he's beginning to loosen up a bit. He does have a lot of Fashion points, so it might be his skill in that area shining through his old age!

DSCN0504_zpsiyla1syx.jpg

Robin will be missed too, since she's actually been around since Episode 7! That's almost two thirds of this whole log in fact! As with Lance, I wanted to try something unusual for an Oldie, and that's to have Robin jamming out on the electric guitar!

DSCN0507_zps8pdmogz7.jpg

Wait, what? *Screams in fear*

Man, that face she puts on when doing this is really creepy and scary! It's even weirder than her sleep sprite!

Tell you what, forget bald, edgy men with a thousand tattoos! An Otokitchi would be way more fitting for a death metal concert! I can just imagine Robin making this same face while playing this guitar and screaming lyrics at a ridiculously high volume!

Anyway, that's all... four of them now! Time for the shrinking stats section!

Skill Points: 216 Intelligence / 35 Fashion / 41 Social
Weight: 34 lb

Skill Points: 78 Intelligence / 271 Fashion / 57 Social
Weight: 37 lb
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Puchitchi > Gourmetchi > Togetchi > Ojitchi

Skill Points: 34 Intelligence / 33 Fashion / 113 Social
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Mizutamatchi > Young Memetchi > Violetchi

Skill Points: 51 Funny / 51 Glamour / 179 Spiritual

Well, as usual, that's it for today, Tamafans! However, if my plans properly eventuate, I'll have an episode each for the next two days as well! Fingers crossed something doesn't get in my way again!
Well, if something does, I'll probably be more likely of writing another episode than before - this is because this log is much easier to write with four Tamas as opposed to eight!

Anyway, thanks for reading as always, and good luck with your own Tama adventures!

Edit: I forgot to update the stats! LOL, sorry about that. They're fixed now, anyway.

Episode 21

Hi Tamafans! I'm happy that this was posted, since it means that I'm officially back on schedule again! I also posted this at around 6:00 PM, so that's really cool too. Let's see how long I keep it up!

As usual, a number of things have happened to the Tamas, so it's time for an update on their adventures!

So, first up, Lance and Robin did in fact leave their babies last night. I stayed up until midnight to see the two farewell their special children. I took a photo as well:

DSCN0516_zps7714gqfm.jpg

I like how the parent stares at the baby for a couple of minutes before leaving. It's like the parent is wishing the baby well in its future endeavours! You can take it as anything really, but that's what I think.

So, Lance and Robin left for Tamagotchi planet, ready to spend the rest of their lives together. Considering that seniors can possibly live for ages on the Connections, they could well stay together for a long time! Bye bye, Lance and Robin! You two will definitely be missed!

The next morning, of course, the two babies were crying, confused at their parents' disappearance. I got to name them at about 11:00 AM. I named Robin's son Joe, and Lance's son Drake (Continuing with the Dragon-type Pokemon Trainer theme).

DSCN0519_zpshddayc0k.jpg

Of course, since the snowy blue Version 4 is going to be a part of the group hatch, I took the battery out after I named and fed Drake. Next time you see him, he'll be in the group hatch log! The de-activation of this Tama shrinks my running collection to three now...

DSCN0523_zpsx4nna2vn.jpg

However, it was not the same fate for Joe. His Version 4 won't be in the hatch, so he began to be raised right away! I realised that Joe was the first male baby to be raised on this particular Version 4 since I restarted the Tamas, and even then, Joe's guaranteed existence as a boy was due to special circumstances!

DSCN0525_zpsuskjeqhr.jpg

When he was a baby, Joe played with his Clone, since it's one of the few items he could use at this stage. He had a lot of fun!

After an hour of feeding, cleaning and playing, he evolved into Oyajitchi!

DSCN0530_zpsy2ovj4fi.jpg

Tell you what, the jump from the baby stage straight to the adult stage makes an immediate difference with his care needs! He didn't even drop a heart for an hour after he evolved; as a baby he would've completely emptied his meter 5 times over in the same amount of time!

When Joe evolved into Oyajitchi, his weight only increased to 20 lb, which is very low for an adult character. Needless to say, he hasn't been able to play games since he evolved; I just fed him snacks when he needed happiness. As of me posting this episode, he's still 27 lb. Because of this, his skill points are still rather low as of now.

At about 3:15 PM, Joe already got an opportunity to get a job. I didn't think that Joe would be able to pass any interviews at all, due to his low skill points (He had a total of 23!). However, I had him try at the fire station first-up, and he got the job first go!

DSCN0531_zpsgsl0xpbd.jpg

"What nonsense! Nobody should be allowed a job before they receive a quality education from the Tamagotchi School! Joe here has the qualifications of a preschooler, and yet they're allowing him to dangerously fight fires with expensive equipment? And what, just because he grew up a little faster than normal? That is intolerable for an intellectual like me! I had to study hard to evolve into Tensaitchi and get my job, you know!"

Hey, Yuji?

"What?"

Weren't you being literal just then? Weren't you questioning the ways of the Tamagotchi world?

"Wait, I..." *Screams and disappears*

Heheheh... That'll take care of Yuji for today... B)

Oyajitchi will surely be interesting to care for. I haven't raised one since I was a kid, so I've forgotten exactly what it's like. Since Joe's already an adult (At 0 years old), I wonder if special events just like his job notification will be accelerated - for instance, if he starts getting Matchmaker visits from age 3 instead of 6, and if he becomes an Ojitchi at age 6 instead of 9 (Though I won't try that out with Joe). I'll just have to wait and see! He doesn't have a set partner (Since the other two Tamas, Hiroshi and Yuki, are a couple), so we can at least see when the Matchmaker starts to visit.

It will also be interesting if Joe's existence in his family erases the Meme gene, and if I will therefore have a better chance of getting a Mame or Kuchi adult in the next generation. This was why I decided to breed Lance and Robin in the senior stage in the first place! It's quite a long experiment, isn't it?

Anyway, I'd say it's pretty cool that Joe was able to go from being hand-fed fed by his mother to getting a job in less than a day, no matter what Yuji thinks! I'd love it if I got to skip school entirely like Joe!

Anyway, Joe's still chilling out as of now. We'll see how he gets along in the next few days!

Yuki's day has also been just as eventful. At about 3:30 PM, she got the chance to graduate school and get a job (Interestingly, only shortly after Joe did the same). When I was browsing around, I found that the pre-school was available, and since I hadn't had a Tama with that job before (Since I re-started my them anyway), I had Yuki go for it. Naturally, because of her high Social points, she got it easily!

DSCN0532_zps0gnf3v23.jpg

Anyway, since Yuki getting a job means that she's been an adult for 24 hours, you'll probably guess what she did next...

DSCN0533_zpsu8r2to4a.jpg

Yuki married Hiroshi, of course, and had two baby boys! I'm glad that the babies are boys this time, because it means that out of the six Tamas I'll have in the group hatch, three will be boys and three will be girls! We can have three couples that can produce offspring without the Matchmaker!

Hey, I should let Yuji know...

Hey, Yuji! Come and meet your lovely grandchildren! They're just the cutest things that you'll ever see!

Come on! I know you want to!

Wow, I really must've scared him off before.

"Oh, hello! They really are beautiful, aren't they?"

Wait, that isn't Yuji's voice...

"No, I'm not Yuji! I'm Ellen! Remember me?"

Oh, that's cool, Ellen! I didn't know you'd come around!

"I don't normally, but I just have to see these adorable little babies! Congratulations!"

"Thank you! Yuki is grateful for your compliment too!"

Oh... by the way, Ellen, I just realised something. You're not a Tensaitchi, right? You're a Pyonkotchi! So how are you able to speak to my mind? And what about you, Hiroshi?

"...Uh..."

What's wrong?

"...Sorry... I have to go... See you later, sweet babies!" *Disappears*

"...Oh yeah, I'd better tend to my son! He needs food!" *Disappears*

Huh? Well, that's weird.

By the way, Hiroshi's going along well, though not much happened to him besides his marriage. He got an opportunity for a job about 10 minutes after I posted my last episode yesterday, which was quite coincidental! If I posted it just a few minutes later than I did, I would've been able to mention it then, but ah well. Anyway, he got a job at the Hospital.

I found that I'm not nearly as good at the Hospital game as compared to the Get Music or Bank games, despite them being basically the same thing. The reason why is because I keep getting the skulls and black hearts confused! I often found myself either catching a skull by mistake or missing a black heart. It's just because the sprites look so similar, due to both being a similar shape and the same colour! It isn't a problem with the other two games.

DSCN0539_zpsdnvdckiw.jpg

It doesn't help that my Version 4.5's screen is darker than most of my other Tamas (For some reason) which makes it even harder. Because of this latter fact, I'm even worse at the game than when Robin was working at the same location some days ago!

Anyway, that's life. Hiroshi's just chilling with his baby at the moment. He'll have more adventures tomorrow!

Well, that's all yet again! It's time for the stats section!

-Stats for Joe (Green Version 4)-
Training: 1 bar
Skill Points: 2 Intelligence / 8 Fashion / 13 Social
Weight: 27 lb
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Oyajitchi

Skill Points: 55 Intelligence / 33 Fashion / 121 Social

Skill Points: 63 Funny / 51 Glamour / 195 Spiritual

Well, so far so good in terms of keeping up to schedule! If I continue at this rate, Episode 22 will arrive sometime on Sunday. Since my number of Tamas is dwindling, I'll have a surprise for you tomorrow which should make this log more interesting for a while. It's not the biggest event ever or anything, but better than no surprise I guess.

Well, I'll see you all tomorrow! Until then, good luck with your own Tama adventures!

Edit: Fixed colour issues.

Episode 22

Hi Tamafans! Welcome to this Sunday installment of my log! I'm glad that I managed to get three consecutive episodes done on time now. I hope I can keep it that way!

Anyway, I said at the end of the last episode that there will be a small surprise coming today. Well... I'll tell you now!

As you may or may not know, in addition to my eight Connection Tamas on this log (Spanning from Versions 1 to 4.5), I also own three Version 5s. When I restarted my Tamas in January, I decided not to include them at the time because (1) running 11 Tamas at once might be too stressful and (2) the Version 5s can't connect to previous versions. There was also probably some nostalgia going on in my head too, since I'm way more familiar with Versions 1 to 4.5.

However, I decided to use two of my Version 5s in the group hatch I'm attending (In exchange for the green and flowery blue Version 4s), so that I can have more variety. But, since I haven't run my Version 5s since the late 2000s, my knowledge of these devices is quite rusty. So, when I started de-activating my older Tamas for the group hatch, I decided to start my third Version 5 (Which also won't go in the hatch) after a few have been paused so that I can still have a decent number of Tamas to care for, and also learn the Version 5's mechanics again (And not to mention, provide more material for this log).

So, what shell design does this Version 5 that I'm talking about have? Well, here it is:

DSCN0545_zpse8vwakpw.jpg

Yeah, it's pink, but I don't mind even though I am a male myself. I'm not one of those really masculine types, so I'm not allergic to pink at all. And besides, the TamaTalk community seems to be pretty open-minded, so I have no problem showing this on my log here!

Anyway, the reason why it is pink is because it was originally my sister's device. She bought it in around February 2008 at the same time I got one (I still have that Tama; it will be in the group hatch). She gave it to me sometime afterwards, however, when her Tama fever subsided.

While I liked the Version 5, I never got the same enjoyment from that version as opposed to the previous ones back in the day. The reasons are probably because a number of features staple on the previous versions were omitted for the more family-centric mechanics, and my closed-minded child self probably couldn't handle the change, since I was used to the formula established and built on by the previous Connection versions. However, now, I'm willing to give it another shot!

So, this morning, I pulled out my pink Version 5 from the drawer, after I did some chores. I then put a battery in it, and "Beep!"

DSCN0546_zpsn8rteojk.jpg

I decided to put in one of my old batteries originally from one of the de-activated Tamas instead of a new one, because I'll probably only run it for a week or two. If it goes flat in that timeframe, I do have 4 more old batteries as well, so they will most probably keep it going for that timeframe. I may as well fully-utilise my old batteries before I dispose of them!

Anyway, since it's a newly-introduced Tama, I'd better assign a colour for it! Pink would have been a no-brainer, but pink is already assigned for the Version 4.5. But then again, pink would be more suitable for that Version 5 as opposed to the other one!

In the end, I did decide to assign pink to this Version 5. Since that was the Version 4.5's colour, I decided to give that one a different colour, dark red, which will be used for that Tama from this episode onwards. Yeah, it'll be a little confusing, but you'll get used to it after a while.

Anyway, onward to my events with the Version 5! When I put the battery in, I was given the option to download or reset. Since I'd prefer to start with babies (Because I'm doing this to learn the mechanics again), I decided to reset. The screen didn't turn out to be very bright, probably because it's running on an old battery, so I had to take photos at a slight angle in order to have them somewhat acceptable.

DSCN0548_zpshu3m5ccj.jpg

Of course, three eggs appeared on the screen after I set the date, time and my birthday. After a while, they began to hatch!

DSCN0549_zpsldbrub6x.jpg

I ended up with a female Futabatchi (Oldest), a male Omututchi, and finally, a female Mimifuwatchi. At this time, I named this family the "Rose" family, since the stereotypical colour of a rose is pink (Or red, but whatever), which is the colour of this Tama's shell!

Then, the hour-long baby-stage care-fest began! Despite there being three babies at once, they actually seemed easier to care for than the babies in the other versions. I heard that the Version 5 is a very low-maintenance Tama in terms of care needs, so it makes sense. I still had to be fairly attentive, though. While I didn't prove to be very good at the TV Surfing minigame, I did learn Tea Time pretty quickly. That's probably because it's mechanically similar to flag on the Versions 3 and 4.

DSCN0553_zpsl4fdukks.jpg

After the hour was up, they evolved into the child stage! Of course, Futabatchi became Tororotchi, Omututchi became Ahirukutchi and Mimifuwatchi became Sakuramotchi.

Since evolving, their care needs have been comparable to my adult Tamas on my three other currently-running Tamas! I doubt that this Version 5 is going to increase my "Tama load level" much at all, especially when this family grows up. I did see the three children look at an Easter bunny and eggs shortly after evolving, probably because it's nearly Easter:

DSCN0555_zpsgfsynyqf.jpg

The Rose family have called for discipline three times as of this posting; their bonding is now at 10%.

Just after I started this Version 5 up, I researched the Bonding system a bit. Given that it's the first generation (And I therefore don't have access to the Golf Putt or Shoe Pairs minigames which also increase bonding) and I also don't yet have another Version 5 to connect to, I doubt I'll get a high bonding percentage this generation. In that case, I'll probably get the lowest-tier adults this time. Ah well, at least they're mostly exclusive characters in this version!

Anyway, that's all from the Rose family. It's time to see what Joe's been doing! I actually noticed that Oyajitchi is even easier to care for than most normal adult characters on the Version 4. Not that Mametchi or Violetchi are needy, but Oyajitchi is so low-maintenance that he's a breeze to care for! It's a nice reward that you get for obtaining a hidden character I guess! I think he'll only get a run for his money in that department when the Rose family evolve into adults.

I actually noticed that Oyajitchi's minimum weight is the same as that of a teenager's rather than an adult's, which is pretty weird. At least Joe plays games now though! His skill points have increased a bit, but they're still pretty low. I doubt he'll be able to reach the level of skill points that I usually get with my Tamas on the Version 4 / 4.5. He has a job now anyway, so it doesn't matter.

There are other interesting things about Oyajitchi too. One is the bathtub that he uses:

DSCN0565_zpsldiy9r2n.jpg

It seems that he's using an old Japanese bathtub made out of wood or something. I'm not all that knowledgeable on Japanese culture, but I'd guess that it's something like that. It's a nice easter egg since every other teenager/adult/senior character uses the standard bathtub to my understanding!

Another thing that's interesting about Oyajitchi is that he has the same sprite shown not only when he's jumping, but also eating/talking, and even crying!

DSCN0557_zpsg5ndqai9.jpg

It's a nice oddity that Oyajitchi has, making him all the more mysterious when you get him in the first place. That sprite itself is pretty funny anyway, since Oyajitchi's whole body turns upward to reveal his huge mouth!

I also noticed yesterday that there's no way Joe can get above one training bar, since he's an adult now. I suppose it's an oversight done by Bandai when they were programming Oyajitchi on the Connections. It doesn't seem that the Version 4 is affected much by the training meter anyway, so it doesn't really matter. I guess that in earlier versions though, there could be small problems because Oyajitchi's offspring could then only be low-tier child characters.

Anyway, Joe's one year old now, as of this episode. He's still trucking along in all respects as of now. I think he'll be a very easy Tama to care for over the next few days!

It's time to test Hiroshi out with his new colour! I hope it isn't too dark for you to mistake it as black text, but we'll see how it goes - if you have problems with it then I can change it again.

Anyway, not much has happened with him today, though it's his last day with his baby. Therefore, on Monday afternoon, I will de-activate the Version 4.5, and his baby boy will next be seen in the group hatch on the 25th! This will be the last de-activated Tama, so from then on, it'll be the two Version 4s and the Version 5 until the group hatch starts!

To farewell Hiroshi, I decided to have him use a wig:

DSCN0556_zpsriw6wjfr.jpg

It's funny to see Mametchi without his signature ears. I guess that ends Hiroshi's presence on this log on a humourous note!

Anyway, despite being yet another installment of the Universal loop, Hiroshi did get me interested in how the Universal adults are selected upon evolution. Because of this, I will experiment that further with his son. Considering that his mother is a Violetchi, who is also considered a Universal on the Version 4.5, then it's probably guaranteed that Hiroshi's baby will also become a Universal.

I will have him gain predominantly Spiritual points again, just like with Hiroshi, and see if I get Mametchi a second time. If I don't, then it's basically confirmed that Universal adults aren't chosen by the highest type of skill points! At least then, the answer will be narrowed down a little bit. Then, the generation after, I'll see if I can get out of the Universal family through bad care in the baby/child stage!

So, yeah, I have some plans for this 4.5 when I activate it again. So, bye bye Hiroshi! You've done well in helping my research!

Yuki, of course, will also be leaving on the same night. I can't believe she's already going; she only just turned 5 years old! But anyway, generations must come and go I suppose.

I had Yuki try on a skirt today, and she looked pretty nice in it!

DSCN0563_zps6vhfovot.jpg

I am looking forward to raising Yuki's baby. This time, I am determined to give him as perfect care as possible and try not to get Mizutamatchi for the child stage. I know that Mizutamatchi still has a chance of appearing even with good care, but I'd prefer Harutchi, Mohitamatchi or even Puchitchi if possible. Given his lineage, the new baby will most likely either become a Mame or Meme, so I'm hoping Mame. I haven't even experienced Harutchi yet, so it would be nice if I do get that character.
If all else fails and he does become a Meme, at least there is one male character I haven't had yet - Tosakatchi. So it's not all that bad I suppose, but I'm hoping for an entry into the Mame family anyway.

"Yes, that's right! Learn from your mistakes and take my family to greatness once again!"

Yuji? I thought I scared you off!

"You did, but I am back! I may have slipped up once, but I'm still winning. It seems you have forgotten that I got you countless times before you got me!"

So, who cares? I still caught you doing something that you're meant to catch me doing. That's funny, man.

"NNNGGGGHHH! That's it, it's on! I'm going to be even more attentive and focused than ever! I'll not only catch you on every literal remark you make; I'll also catch you doing any spelling and grammar mistakes, too. And not to mention, any care mistakes to your Tamagotchi virtual pets! In fact, I'll catch you doing any mistake of any kind, WITH MY MIND! You will look like a fool in front of the whole TamaTalk community... no, the whole Internet! You'd better watch out, because you cannot win against Tensaitchi, the smartest Tamagotchi character in the universe!"

Wow, I really must've angered you that time if you're this determined. You know that extreme anger isn't a very... smart emotion.

"RRRRGGGGHHH! You'll be the angry one soon enough! I'll see you next time, my ultimate rival!" *Disappears*

Wow, I'm his rival? It's good that he acknowledged me in some way.

...Anyway, Yuki will leave tonight to join her father and partner on Tamagotchi Planet. Since I'll have just a low-maintenance Version 5 and a lax Oyajitchi on the sidelines this time, I won't get distracted by my other Tamas as much while I'm caring for the baby. Hopefully, I can attain perfect care!

Well anyway, that's all four of them? Or is it six, since I have three characters on my Version 5? Oh man, I don't know anymore.... uh, so... that's all of them, folks! Which means, time for stats!

Stats for Joe (Version 4, Green shell)
Hunger: 4/4 hearts
Happiness: 4/4 hearts
Training: 1/9 bars
Skill Points: 8 Intelligence / 18 Fashion / 37 Social
Weight: 23 lb

Stats for Yuki (Yukd - Version 4, Flowery Blue shell)
Hunger: 3/4 hearts
Training: 5/9 bars
Skill Points: 76 Intelligence / 33 Fashion / 131 Social

Stats for Hiroshi (Hiro - Version 4.5, Globe shell)
Training: 9/9 bars
Skill Points: 63 Humour / 57 Glamour / 207 Spiritual
Weight: 37 lb

Stats for Rose Family (Version 5, Pink shell)
Hunger: 5/5 Hearts
Happiness: 5/5 Hearts
Bonding: 10%
Family Type: Blended
Generation: 1G
Gotchi: 450
Stage: Child
Gender of Eldest Child: Girl
Evolution of Eldest Child: Futabatchi > Tororotchi
Gender of Middle Child: Boy
Evolution of Middle Child: Omututchi > Ahirukutchi
Gender of Youngest Child: Girl
Evolution of Youngest Child: Mimifuwatchi > Sakuramotchi
Evolution of Father: N/A
Evolution of Mother: N/A

I hope you like my refurbished and reformatted stats section!

Well, that's all for the weekend! I'm almost better now, so I'll be fit to work tomorrow. If all goes to plan, my next episode will be on Wednesday, and hopefully before midnight! But until then, thanks for reading, and good luck with your own Tama adventures!

Episode 23

Hello Tamafans! Yeah, I posted this after midnight again... at least it's only just though. I wrote this at a pretty lax pace over the afternoon (As like with over the weekend); I think I found that maybe I should power through it more quickly each weekday from next time onwards, since I have much less time.

Anyway, as per usual, there's some more news for me to report on in my Tama world! Some of my photos will be a bit blurrier than usual however, which is because I've been experiencing overcast weather over the last few days. Sometimes, my camera couldn't cope too well, however other times it took photos really clearly. I don't know what goes on with that camera of mine. At least the cool weather brought a good change from the typical summer heat!

So, let's get started! Yuki and Hiroshi did leave their babies on Sunday night, meaning that the babies were crying about on Monday. I actually got home from work early on that day (About 1 PM), so the babies were lucky in that regard. When I could get to them, I named Hiroshi's child Naoto and Yuki's child Nigel.

DSCN0568_zpsrhsofq8z.jpg

I then started Naoto's independent life, only to feed him and then take his battery out. I actually forgot to take a photo of the Version 4.5 without its battery for some reason. In retrospect, I think it's because I was too excited in taking care of Nigel! Naoto will next be seen in the group hatch. His de-activation is the last one before the group hatch!

So after I de-activated Naoto, I began with Nigel. Shortly after he initially got his meters filled, he played with Joe for a bit. Here's a picture of the two talking on their phones:

DSCN0574_zpsiyluyzty.jpg

After his meetings with Joe, I started an obsessive regime to take perfect care of Nigel in the baby stage. I had a clock near me, so I sat and checked up on Nigel every single minute. If a heart dropped, I tended to him as always, and then waited until the turn of the next minute to do the same thing again. Of course, many times I checked, not a single heart dropped, but I still checked every minute just in case. With this method, I managed to go through the whole 1-hour baby stage without Nigel dropping to two hearts on either hunger or happiness.

I managed to remember the time I started Nigel's life cycle this time around (1:42 PM), so I knew exactly when he would evolve. I last checked and refreshed him at 2:42 PM; afterwards I moved him to the table and set up my camera. Surely enough, a few seconds later...

DSCN0575_zpsmpdsjbsi.jpg

Woohoo! I actually did it! After all these weeks, I finally, finally got Harutchi! Since that character is most likely to become a Mame teenager, I'm extremely happy with this result. I'm not completely out of the Meme woods yet, but Nigel's evolution into Harutchi was the equivalent of me obtaining a torch to help get out! Hiroshi's Mame genes (According to this Version 4 anyway), combined with Yuji's presence and with my good care, must have given Harutchi an increased chance of appearing.

I'm not only glad about obtaining Harutchi in the mechanics department though. I find that character to be extremely cute! It's like Harutchi is a miniature, childlike Mame-like character who would be right at home in Mame City. I tend to really like most characters that originated from the Mesutchi and Osutchi (Of which Harutchi is one), though I don't know why. Maybe they just have the right blend of retro mysteriousness combined with good design complexity or something...

Nigel has since enrolled in pre-school, and has gone there many times. His skill points are already comparable to Joe's in fact! Admittedly, he is a bit overweight at the moment (22 lb), because I fed him some melons I stocked up in the last afternoon to raise his happiness. Since these raise skill points, I have Tamas eat them in their youth if I have them, since it's faster than playing games even if it does increase weight. The value should be better after he evolves, though.

Even though it's now Wednesday, he's still in the child stage, mostly because I paused him for longer than normal over Tuesday. I wanted to enjoy Harutchi for as long as I could, so he actually remained paused from Monday night (Shortly after he went to bed) until Wednesday afternoon after I got back from work. I'd anticipate that he'll evolve sometime on Thursday. Fingers crossed he's going to become a Mame teen!

Nigel's only friend, Joe, is going well as always. Nothing too much happened with him over the last while, other than that his skill points were continuing to steadily go up to acceptable levels. I did try some items on him though. I especially love his animation with the roller skates:

DSCN0583_zpszezeeeub.jpg

I like the second shot simply because it suits the speed that he goes at with the item! I usually get a lot of "blurry" shots when taking photos caused by Tamas moving between frames while the shutter actuates. I usually delete them, but it works well with this roller skates photo.

And finally, the Rose family. Noting too much has happened with them either, surprisingly. They're still in the Child stage, despite not having been paused for the same duration as Nigel. I recently found out that this was because the Child stage on the Version 5 was lengthened to 48 hours as opposed to 24 hours on the earlier versions. I actually think of that as a good thing, since it leaves me more time to build up bonding percentage.

By the way, the bonding is at 20% now. Yeah, it's not a big increase... it's mostly because since the weekend I've only had time with the Tamas in the afternoons (Obviously) and so I only usually have 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM to do training with them. Two opportunities a day doesn't do very much after all.

That said, I do think that I can attain the middle-tier adults now. Since I now have 20% bonding, I naturally think that I can achieve 40% bonding by the time the Rose family become adults. Since the middle-tier adults can be attained with a bonding between 40 and 70%, I think I can get that, which would be cool.

When they have been calling for training, I was mainly using the Kuchi-type items, since I'm aiming for a Kuchi-centric family this generation. To balance things out, I'll try for Mame and Meme characters in the group hatch, using my other Version 5s.

I do like the animations that occasionally come up on the Version 5. Here's a picture of one, with the eldest (Tororotchi) seeming to be eating from the fridge:

DSCN0585_zpspegqmqqp.jpg

It's rather funny that this doesn't fill any of the Hungry or Happy hearts, even though she's eating.

"Aha! I caught you! You did a literal remark! Shame on you!"

Oh, hi, Yuji! Yeah I did. But what can you do about it?

"You know what I'm going to do about it. I'll shame you in front of TamaTalk!"

So?

"What do you mean, So?"

It doesn't matter to me. I did this in deliberation just so that you can show up.

"What? You're saying... you're just baiting me?"

Yeah, kinda.

"You really aren't playing by the rules, are you? Why? You're just making yourself lose in our contest!"

Well, I'm not really losing, because I'm not worried about it.

"Come on! You're supposed to at least try! I can't have you question the Tamagotchi world like that! You don't seem to care about anything!"

I do care about something! You seem to be more concerned about me than your own grandson! I raised him perfectly, and now he's leaning towards the Mame path already! At least I didn't do any care mistakes this time! Aren't you proud of of your little Nigel?

"But... Wait, no... you're right... I will have to commend you with him. You're not the perfect carer sometimes, but despite all of our mishaps, I can trust you with one thing, and that's caring for my little ones... I don't even know the reason. But... I thank you for that."

And I thank you. See? Things like your grandson's wellbeing is more important than a competition. I think you should focus more on him instead of trying to shame me. It's good behaviour, you know!

"I suppose... Wait! Did you just teach me a lesson?"

I believe I did so, yes.

"What? No-one can teach me a lesson! I'm Tensaitchi, the smartest Tamagotchi character to have ever existed! Everything is already IN MY MIND! A human with a merely average intelligence can't teach me, or best me in anything! This is an outrage! NNNGGGHHH!" *Disappears*

Poor guy. He'll mature soon enough, I think.

But yeah, I predict that the Rose family could evolve some time tomorrow. If not, then they should on Friday, which will be interesting. I think that the Teenager stage is when characters begin to potentially switch families (Depending on which training items you use), so I'm looking forward to that.

Well, that's all for now! It's time for the good ol' Stats section!

Skill Points: 11 Intelligence / 19 Fashion / 61 Social
Weight: 25 lb

Stats for Nigel (Version 4, Flowery Blue shell)
Training: 4/9 bars
Skill Points: 21 Intelligence / 46 Fashion / 18 Social
Weight: 22 lb
Generation: 5G
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Harutchi

Hunger: 4/5 Hearts
Happiness: 4/5 Hearts
Bonding: 20%
Gotchi: 720
Evolution of Eldest Child: Futabatchi > Tororotchi
Evolution of Middle Child: Omututchi > Ahirukutchi
Evolution of Youngest Child: Mimifuwatchi > Sakuramotchi

Well, that's this episode finished! It was a rather short one today, but that just sometimes happens I guess. On Friday it will hopefully be longer due to more events going on.

Well, thank you for reading as always. Good luck with your own Tama adventures!

Edit, 18/03/2017: PhotoBucket sorted itself out, so I was able to upload the photos. I won't edit the text so that the context of yesterday is still clear. I also added a photo of Joe with his baby (Taken Saturday). Thanks for your patience!

--

Episode 24

Hi Tamafans, and welcome to this week's Friday episode of my log! First-up, I noticed when writing last episode that this log now has over 600 views, so that's really cool! Thank you all! I'd also like to especially thank Spacey and ammonride for liking my recent posts. I'm glad that many of you are still enjoying this!

Now, there is one problem with this episode - there are no photos! I actually took some, but PhotoBucket is being extremely temperamental at the moment. When I tried to upload my new photos, it either logged me out or failed at uploading them. So, I gave up after a while, and just decided to release the episode without them. If I can get it working within 24 hours of this episode being posted, I'll edit the photos in, but if I can't I'll have to post the photos in a follow-up post. It really sucks, but oh well...

Anyway, it's about time I finish rambling on about how bad PhotoBucket is being at the moment. It's time to get on to the Tamas! Luckily, more stuff has happened compared to Wednesday's episode, so this should be a bit bigger in the text department anyway!

I'll sort the Tamas loosely based on chronological events this time. On Thursday morning, I woke up at 7:30 AM and proceeded to pause my Tamas. While doing this, I noticed that the Rose family on the Version 5 had become teenagers!

DSCN0599_zpsqujhmplc.jpg

What baffles me is that I didn't hear (Let alone wake up to) the evolution beep, since they must have evolved shortly after waking up at 7:00 AM. The Kuchi-based items have worked, as Tororotchi is now a Shelltchi and Ahirukutchi switched families from Meme to become the make Kuchi teen, Korokotchi. Sakuramotchi also switched from the Mame to the Meme family, becoming an Ichigotchi. I read that the youngest can't evolve into the same family as the eldest two, so this makes sense.

I find it surprising that the Version 5's wake-up time is at 7:00 AM. It's a very uncommon wake-up time in the Connections, and is very early too. They even get up before I do, especially on the weekends!

Their bonding is still at 20%, which is the case because I missed training opportunities both on Thursday and Friday! Not ideal at all I must say. Because of this, I doubt I can make it to 40% bonding when they evolve now. I'll just have to be content with the low-tier adults! It will be a lot easier next generation though, when I start this Tama again. Considering that I'm now a week away from the group hatch, I'll probably de-activate this Tama when this family reaches the second generation, and then re-activate it sometime in the future (Perhaps at another group hatch down the line).

Anyway, the Rose family are still as lax as ever. Caring for them is very easy!

The Rose family weren't the only entrants into teenagehood, though. Nigel evolved at about 6:45 PM on Thursday evening, and became a Young Mametchi!

DSCN0587_zpspkheovpf.jpg

Needless to say, I was very happy. I can finally go for another Mame adult character! I think the Meme gene is gone for good. I'm officially out of the woods!

Interestingly, Nigel didn't receive a notification to graduate pre-school before bedtime, even though he evolved over an hour beforehand. Maybe the mail doesn't arrive exactly an hour after the Tama evolves or something. Anyway, he did get it within a minute after I unpaused him on Friday.

When I got to choose the teacher, I placed Nigel in Ms. Flower's class.

DSCN0593_zpswdb4wvtg.jpg

"What?! Why did you do such a foolish thing? You should have placed him into Mr. Turtlepedia's class! Then he could pursuit the path of knowledge, like me! He could become a Tensaitchi! But now, you've ruined it, once again!"

Oh, Yuji... you don't think that anyone who advances on any path besides knowledge is successful, do you?

"Of course not! Without knowledge, society wouldn't even function! Everything rotates around knowledge and wisdom! Nigel could have been right up top in the knowledge department, but no! Now he's prancing around, learning about the useless field that is fashion! I thought I could trust you!"

You do know that society without fashion and creativity wouldn't function either, right? Same with social skills and kindness. Now that I think about it, society also can't function without humour or spirit, either! Knowledge may be the base of function in living beings, but a society with knowledge alone would be extremely sad and boring. You know, for a Tamagotchi with over 400 Intelligence points, you're very narrow-minded.

"How dare you insult me again!"

You just need to grow some perspective. Look at your wife! She isn't a Mametchi or anything, and she didn't even have a job at all! Yet you still love her, right? You already have some perspective in there. You just need to realise it!

"...You really infuriate me sometimes..." *Disappears*

...I saw that hesitation in Yuji's last remark! Some gaping holes in his closed-mindedness are already beginning to appear, it seems. One day, he'll know that Nigel can be great no matter what path he chooses!

But yes, I'll focus on getting Nigel's Fashion points up. I actually can't remember if you get Zukyutchi or Androtchi with high Fashion points in the Mame family, but it ultimately doesn't matter, since I will be fine with either character. I haven't had Zukyutchi since I restarted my Tamas, if at all, and the last time I had Androtchi was on my Version 2 (For less than a day), just when I restarted it. Right now, Nigel's Fashion points are at 86, and I plan to increase them a lot more!

A lot has happened to Joe since last time. Joe turned 3 years old on Thursday afternoon. Like what I thought may happen, Joe started getting Matchmaker visits at this early age! He got his first visit at 7:00 PM on Thursday. At this time, the Matchmaker brought over a Ponytchi, but I declined. I did this because I originally got Joe in the first place to see if his presence could get his family out of the Meme path. With that, I want as little Meme presence as possible, and Ponytchi certainly won't help with that. In that case, I would only accept a Mame or Kuchi adult.

So Joe stayed single until the next day. I was let off work early on Friday, so I was unable to unpause Joe for the next visit at 3:00 PM. Sadly, the Matchmaker brought along another Meme character. So I turned the offer down again!

DSCN0589_zpsoduxvgav.jpg

However, love wasn't the only thing coming onto Joe's mind on Friday. He also got the notification to change jobs after the 3:00 PM Matchmaker visit, so I had him try out some other careers. I thought that his now-decent Social points could give him a chance, but it turned out that the employers had other ideas!

DSCN0597_zpslxe7ef9c.jpg

Joe was rejected from all of the jobs on offer, including the Amusement Park and Pre-school which were more likely to attain with high Social points. With no choice, Joe had to continue his career at the Fire Station. He really must have won that job with a lot of luck that time! At least he has a job, though. I could end up worse!

With this disappointment behind him, Joe refocused his efforts on finding love. At 7:00 PM, the Matchmaker came back, and offered a Mimitchi! Since she's a Mame adult, I accepted the offer!

Now, I would have taken a photo of their wedding, but just as I started my camera to capture the event, the camera shut off and told me that its battery was flat! So from that unfortunate event, I couldn't record the wedding at all, or anything after! So no photos of that unfortunately, even if I do get my PhotoBucket problem sorted.

DSCN0600_zpsanyearoa.jpg

*(This photo was taken the next day after the camera was recharged)*

But anyway, Joe ended up with a baby boy! The two will hang around for the next few days until Joe leaves, beginning his son's independent life. Joe's son is the result of this two-generation long experiment, so I hope he grows to be a Kuchi or (Most likely) Mame adult! If this succeeds, I'll be able to have both Androtchi and Zukyutchi in the same timeframe.

I'd imagine now that if I continued to keep Joe as a bachelor, he would probably become an Ojitchi at age 6, judging from the age he began receiving Matchmaker visits. Unless he'd get Matchmaker visits for 6 days in a row!

Well, that's all of the Tamas for now! It's time for the ever-so-present stats!

Skill Points: 16 Intelligence / 19 Fashion / 79 Social
Weight: 30 lb

Training: 6/9 bars
Skill Points: 29 Intelligence / 86 Fashion / 28 Social
Weight: 21 lb
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Harutchi > Young Mametchi

Happiness: 4/5 Hearts
Bonding: 20%
Gotchi: 890
Evolution of Eldest Child: Futabatchi > Tororotchi > Shelltchi
Evolution of Middle Child: Omututchi > Ahirukutchi > Korokotchi
Evolution of Youngest Child: Mimifuwatchi > Sakuramotchi > Ichigotchi

As always, thanks for reading!
Now, I will announce something for the weekend. I'll probably be very busy on Saturday, as I will be spending time with a friend for most of the day (It's his birthday), so as a result my Tamas will stay paused. Since nothing much will likely happen on Saturday, I'll have to inform you that there probably won't be an episode for that day this weekend. If all goes to plan, however, one will come on Sunday like normal. Sorry for the inconvenience, but sometimes, real friends take priority over virtual friends!

However, I will try to post the photos up tomorrow in order to finally "complete" this episode. If I can't (For some reason), I'll just have to post my photos in a follow-up post on Sunday.

So with that, I'll see you next time! Thanks for all your support, and sorry about my misadventures yet again! Good luck with your own Tama adventures!

Episode 25

Hiya Tamafans! Welcome to the only entry for this weekend! It turned out that I was even more busy than I anticipated, as I had to do favours and errands in addition to hang out with my friend for his birthday. As a result, it's another post-Midnight episode! Admittedly, not a great deal has happened with the Tamas over the weekend, but I'd say that it's just enough for an episode. It'll still be pretty short though.

My current three-Tama setup is nearing its end, as Jade27's group hatch starts in less than a week from now! I'll finally be able to run a whole lot of Tamas again after this long break. As for my current three (Which won't be in the hatch), I'll definitely de-activate the pink Version 5, as two Version 5s will be enough for me (And it'll be guaranteed to marry the two anyway, since the two families will have both boys and girls). I'm not sure if I'll de-activate the two Version 4s though - it all depends if running 10 Tamas at once is too stressful. If it's too much, then I'll just pause them until the group hatch is over.

That said, the maintenance of this log in addition to the group hatch log at the same time could prove too much in itself, but anyway, I'll see about that. If I can't maintain this log, at least it'll only be abandoned for a little while.

But, the group hatch isn't here yet! For now, we have the current Tamas to worry about! Let's see what's been happenin' with 'em!

First up, I'm very excited by what I managed to achieve on the Version 5 on Sunday:

DSCN0603_zpsvslea99p.jpg

I was able to tend to most of their training calls over the weekend, which led me to achieve 40% bonding by 6:00 PM on Sunday. This means that I'll get the middle-tier adults after all! While the Rose family are still teenagers as of now, I think they'll evolve into adults on Monday afternoon sometime.

Because of their higher bonding percentage, they did a new animation whenever I pressed the C button, where the three ran of screen and back on again, and then tripped!

DSCN0609_zpsfroxesbo.jpg

Despite this, they seemed to enjoy it somehow, judging from their facial expressions afterwards. Other than this advancement though, nothing particularly special has happened, though it shall be more eventful from the next day onwards I'd imagine!

Just like the Rose family, Nigel is making headstrong progress while in the teen stage. His training is now maxed out, something which was not done with his mother nor grandfather, so that's nice. He also has a good deal of skill points now; significantly moreso than Joe in fact.

DSCN0602_zpssrj0g3k0.jpg

Nigel is 2 years old now. He may become an adult on Monday but I'm not entirely certain of this. We'll just have to wait and see!

Joe spent his last day with his son on Sunday. He didn't do very much other than look after his baby and teach him the ways of the world.

Since Joe was due back at Tamagotchi Planet fairly soon, he decided to phone his family to tell them of his arrival. First-up, he phoned his mother, Robin, to tell her the news. She seemed rather happy about it! She also was found to be rather healthy in her old age.

DSCN0607_zpswikntykm.jpg

Not wanting to stop with Robin, Joe decided to call his grandmother, Alma, as well. However, I was quite shocked when I saw what she looked like:

DSCN0608_zpsznixyekm.jpg

Okay, that's just weird. Robin is a senior, so why isn't her mother Alma? She's 8 years older than Robin! Surely, she would have turned into an Otokitchi as well by now!

"You really don't know how the Tamagotchi anatomy works, do you?"

Well, to be honest, I'm no doctor or anything...

"Neither am I, but I do at least know the basics of Tamagotchi aging!"

Does stuff like this happen all the time in the Tamagotchi world?

"Heh. Not that I'll tell you. As I told you plenty of times before, the Tamagotchi world should keep its secrets safe from humans like you. That's why I'm infiltrating your log in the first place!"

Whatever, Yuji. I'm sure you have your reasons...

Joe left his baby boy at Midnight. I quite liked raising Joe, and I found that looking after an Oyajitchi was quite a refreshing and interesting experience. I really liked it all in all, and I especially liked how lax Joe was in his care needs! Too bad he left after such a short time! The cool thing about this is that I'll get to have this experience all over again, when I raise Joe's brother Drake at the group hatch! I bet that Drake's presence in the hatch will be interesting.

So next time, we'll get to see Joe's baby get stuck into action! I can't wait to find out what his growth will be, as he will be the culmination of this generations-long experiment that started all the way back with Robin! There's a chance he'll get paused in the middle of his growth though (Because of the group hatch) but we'll still know someday!

Well, anyway, that's all for this rather small episode! Here are the stats!

Skill Points: 38 Intelligence / 20 Fashion / 95 Social
Weight: 30 lb

Skill Points: 60 Intelligence / 127 Fashion / 29 Social
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Harutchi > Young Mametchi

Hunger: 5/5 Hearts
Bonding: 40%
Gotchi: 1200
Evolution of Eldest Child: Futabatchi > Tororotchi > Shelltchi
Evolution of Middle Child: Omututchi > Ahirukutchi > Korokotchi
Evolution of Youngest Child: Mimifuwatchi > Sakuramotchi > Ichigotchi

Thanks again for reading! Now, depending on how I go caring for extra Tamas at the same time as the group hatch, next episode (On Wednesday) might be the last episode of this log for the next one or two weeks. I don't think I'll put the group hatch log's events on this log because it'll take too much time, and I don't want to just "clone" the post over. So I guess this one may sink down to the bottom over the next while before I fire it up again in April, if I decide to pause my current Tamas!

But, until then, I'll see you next time! Good luck with your own Tama adventures!

Episode 26

Hey Tamafans! Here's another episode for you to read! As somewhat predicted, today's episode is going to be full of evolutions and talk about evolution paths!

So, two days until the group hatch! Actually, talking about that subject, I will announce that I've decided to not run the current Tamas at the same time as the ones in the group hatch. I was going to find out if I could handle it, but I don't think I'll risk it. It's not actually so much the Tamas, it's more the maintenance of two logs. As you've all seen before, I posted late episodes here numerous times, so I'd imagine that it'd be even worse with two at once and ten Tamas to talk about! Considering that it's the norm with group hatch logs to post every day (If not most days), I'd already just be flat out with that, let alone another one to worry about as well!

So this means that this log will be on hiatus for a bit while I focus on the group hatch. However, this won't be the last episode before the hiatus starts! I'll do one last episode on Friday, since I'll only just be starting the hatch, and I won't be too overloaded (I'll only be starting three more Tamas on the Friday). I also want the Rose Family to be married off before I de-activate the pink Version 5, so I'll have babies when I next start it up again (Thus making it suitable for a future group hatch if I decide to use it for that purpose). Thus, allowing more time until Friday could well make them old enough to marry. If not, then I'll continue to wait over the weekend, and in that rare case, there may be two more future episodes instead of one!

So with that put out of the way, it's time to get onto the Tamas themselves!

First-up, I'll have to conclude that the Rose family must have fun interrupting my sleep by evolving. At 7:00 AM on Monday, they became adults, and woke me up due to the evolution noise! As I expected, they became middle-tier adults, with Shelltchi becoming a Yonepatchi, Korokotchi becoming a Nemutchi and Ichigotchi becoming an Onputchi!

DSCN0626_zps7plfq1pr.jpg

Since then, well... not much actually! I guess there isn't much with adults until marriage. One problem with the Version 5 is that there isn't all that much to do aside from increasing Bonding, especially in the first generation. I'll have to admit, I never bothered shopping for items, which could give me more things to do. Perhaps I can do it next generation or something. At least it allowed me to save up some Gotchi for this entire generation!

I did notice though that the eldest, Yonepatchi, still eats from the fridge. So she still hasn't beaten her guilty habit, despite her adulthood! Ah well, her siblings don't seem to care. There's infinite food supplies anyway, so it doesn't even affect anything!

DSCN0625_zps64nmxopv.jpg

Actually, I wonder... why do Tamagotchis have infinite supplies of food? On Earth, you have to buy your food with your hard-earned money! But not in the Tamas' case - even if they're totally broke, they can eat as many meals or snacks as they want! Does each Tamagotchi household have a never-fail instant food-making machine or something?

"Not again..."

Can't I be a little curious?

"Certainly not! The method which makes food enter Tamagotchi households instantly at no cost is something which you can never understand! Even if I wanted to tell you about it, it would be pointless, because it would pass right over your puny brain!"

Hey, that's mean! I can usually put up with your remarks, but aren't you being a little too harsh?

"I'm just telling the truth. And sometimes, the truth is harsh!"

Whatever you reckon...

But yeah, I'll keep running the Rose family until they begin the next generation. Whether that's on Thursday, Friday or even Saturday or Sunday, I don't mind. I know that they cannot access the Dating Channel until 48 unpaused hours have passed since evolution, though I don't exactly have an age counter to help me. Perhaps I can use Nigel's!

Talking about Nigel, he also evolved into an adult on Monday, becoming an Androtchi sometime in the evening!

DSCN0621_zpsepgatvtp.jpg

So that confirms that you get Androtchi with high Fashion points and therefore Zukyutchi with high Social points from a male Mame teenager. How exactly you get an introverted robot from high Fashion points of all things mystifies me, but then again, Androtchi doesn't quite suit the Social aspect of things either. Mametchi is taken by the Intelligence slot, of course, so I suppose the developers at Bandai had little choice!

"Hmmm... Maybe you haven't done so bad this time."

What do you mean, Yuji?

"Well, last time, I complained about you giving Nigel high Fashion points. But I don't mind the result after all!"

Ah, see? You're beginning to open up!

"Wait, what? No, I'm not doing that nonsense! No, I mean that I'm glad my grandson is a robot!"

Huh? Why?

"Because I love robots, of course! I build them at my own leisure! Learning that my own grandson has literally turned into a robot excites me! I'm very proud of him now! Thank you so much!"

Uh... that's all right, I guess? Wait, weren't you a robot once? You were a Young Androtchi as a teenager if I remember correctly!

"Oh yes... those were good times. I was able to simply machine spare parts for myself if I was unwell back then! Not to mention, I was learning the gift of knowledge at a rapid pace, from my mentor, Mr. Turtlepedia... Why, if I couldn't become a Tensaitchi, I would have opted to evolve into an Androtchi myself!"

Wait, you used to machine spare parts for yourself? So Androtchi and its younger counterpart actually have proper robot parts in them?

"Uh... wait! I didn't say that!"

Yes you did.

"Oh... I just remembered! I have to go now! Bye!"

Well, that was suspicious. It seems that I made a victory on him yet again!

Ah well. Anyway, Nigel's still 3 years old, so he's still enrolled at school. I think he'll graduate sometime on Thursday. I've actually noticed something weird mechanically with Androtchi, which is that his base weight is like that of a teenager (21 lb or so). It's actually just like with Oyajitchi! I'd point the finger at more glitches running around in the Version 4's code.

Since Nigel evolved into an adult not far after the Rose family, I think I can reliably use his age counter to see if the Rose family can get married off. Once he turns 5, I can't see a reason why the Rose family wouldn't marry after that, unless the two Tamas were paused for different amounts of time. Anyway, we'll see!

Last, but certainly not least (In fact, probably the most significant this episode) is Joe's son, who began his independent life on Monday. When I started him up on Monday afternoon, I named him Eddie (Short for Edward) and got him underway for the laborious baby stage!

DSCN0613_zpsbnfaoza8.jpg

I adopted a similar technique to what I did with Nigel as a baby, though I did a slightly looser method. Instead of checking him every single minute, I played a number of rather short songs (Usually only up to 3 minutes each) in succession and checked Edward every time a song finished. It was more entertaining and less mundane than my previous method. Despite being a more lax regime, his hearts never dropped to two on either meter, so I still took very good care of him!

After an hour of this, he evolved... into Harutchi! Yes! I think the Oyajitchi trick worked, everyone! the Meme gene seemed to have gotten totally erased! I suppose that the presence of Harutchi came because of the Mimitchi that the Matchmaker brought along for Joe.

DSCN0623_zps1tkkoijd.jpg

Edward didn't go to pre-school until Wednesday, however, because he evolved at about 7:15 PM on Monday. However, he has gone there many times now! Assuming he becomes a Mame teenager, I'll aim for Zukyutchi this time, which requires a majority of Social points.

DSCN0629_zpsy4yljmsq.jpg

Well anyway, I think that there's evidence pointing to the fact that the Oyajitchi trick works in terms of resetting a family gene. It therefore makes him very useful in that regard if a Tama gets stuck in a loop for any of the three families. Since I haven't even raised Joe's brother (Drake) yet, I'll see if his offspring does the same behaviour as well. If it does, then I guess that the Oyajitchi trick can be found as a reliable method for getting out of any family loop! The only problem is that it takes two whole generations to fully execute, so it's not exactly... a quick option. Not to mention, you need two compatible Tamagotchis for it to work.

I actually have another, quicker theory that I believe may reset a family gene as well, though I've never tried it. But, I'll keep it as a surprise and tell you later, should I try to use it later on!

Anyway, Edward's still 0, so I think he'll turn 1 and evolve on Thursday or Friday. Whatever the outcome, he'll probably be paused on Friday, only to be awakened after the group hatch (Along with Nigel).

That's all of them finished for this episode. Stats, bring it on!

Stats for Edward ("Eddie" - Version 4, Green shell)
Happiness: 3/4 hearts
Training: 2/9 bars
Skill Points: 11 Intelligence / 21 Fashion / 11 Social
Weight: 12 lb
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Harutchi

Skill Points: 84 Intelligence / 127 Fashion / 29 Social
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Harutchi > Young Mametchi > Androtchi

Bonding: 40%
Gotchi: 1350
Evolution of Eldest Child: Futabatchi > Tororotchi > Shelltchi > Yonepatchi
Evolution of Middle Child: Omututchi > Ahirukutchi > Korokotchi > Nemutchi
Evolution of Youngest Child: Mimifuwatchi > Sakuramotchi > Ichigotchi > Onputchi

So that's the end for today! As I said up top, the last episode before the group hatch will be on Friday unless I can't get the Rose family to marry by then. When I post Friday's episode, I'll give you a link to the Tama-thon Marathon group hatch log (If you can't find it yourself), which is where I will be writing for the duration of the event. Not to mention, everyone else's logs there will be worth reading!

But, until then, good luck with your own Tama adventures! Thanks for reading as always, and I'll see you all later!

Episode 27

Hello, Tamafans! Welcome to a belated Friday episode! Yeah, it turned out that I couldn't handle two logs last night, so I had to delay it until today. At least, however, I can combine the events of both Friday and half of Saturday into one episode! Due to Saturday's events (Yeah, you already guessed, didn't you?) this will indeed be the last episode before the group hatch finishes.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Here's the link to the group hatch log: (https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/194286-welcome-to-the-tama-thon/)

I already released the events of the first day of the hatch. Soon, logs from other people will appear as well, so go check up on it regularly if you're interested!

So yeah, this might actually be a decently-large episode. So, let's begin this season finale of Log: A Carer of Eight!

"Not that you've even been caring for eight Tamagotchi pets since weeks ago!"

C'mon man! It's not like I can change the title or anything! I mean, what is it now? Log: A Carer of Three? Log: A Carer of Five? Log: A Carer of Two plus A Family? It's just more simple to keep the original title, Yuji!

"In that case you should uphold to your original title at all times and care for eight at once!"

It's just a title, you know... well, anyway, let's get started before Yuji takes over!

So, let's start with Edward. Good news; he evolved into a Young Androtchi on Thursday!

DSCN0634_zpsw20rebxt.jpg

That just solidifies the effectiveness of the Oyajitchi Trick even more! I was very happy with this result, as this means I can aim for Zukyutchi. Because of this goal, I enrolled him into Mr. Canvas' class.

DSCN0635_zpshtuduvlh.jpg

However, I didn't send him to school at all yet! On Friday afternoon, I paused him, just before I hatched my first three Group Hatch Tamas. He'll remain this way until the group hatch finishes.

This moves me over to Nigel. Nothing too much has happened with him actually. He's now 4 but he hasn't graduated school yet.

However, when Edward evolved into a Young Androtchi, I couldn't help but connect the two and photograph them together!

DSCN0632_zpsbrfxcic7.jpg

I like it when I see a character with its younger form together!

Along with Edward, Nigel was paused on Friday. He'll be back after the group hatch as well.

So, it's time to get on to the main attraction for today, the Rose Family! Today, I checked the Dating Channel to see if the Rose Family was eligible for marriage. To my delight, instead of seeing Otokitchi yelling at them, I was able to select who to marry with! Because Yonepatchi's the star, I selected her to marry whoever would go on offer.

To my surprise, Otokitchi didn't appear at all. Instead, I saw a Planetchi offer a Sunnytchi! I don't know how rare that actually is, but I considered myself lucky. I was actually so excited that I couldn't take a clear photo of the offer on the Dating Channel! Anyway, I pressed yes, and the two got their marriage underway!

From this, Nemutchi and Onputchi farewelled their older sister. Yonepatchi and Sunnytchi then evolved into the parent stage, becoming Mamapatchi and Planetchi, respectively. A single egg was created, and a female Iwatchi was born!

DSCN0654_zpsencnbr99.jpg

DSCN0658_zpsqecpmdfa.jpg

DSCN0664_zpskqiidtox.jpg

Iwatchi didn't stick around for long, however, since I de-activated the pink Version 5! I'll save this Iwatchi for another day, perhaps in a future group hatch. She will certainly interesting to raise once I do activate this Version 5 again.

Tell you what, I'm surprised that the battery inside this Version 5 has lasted so long. This was actually a second-hand battery from one of my earlier Connection Tamas which were started in January (I can't remember which one though). I'm surprised that it isn't flat yet! It must be a pretty decent one.

So now, my three non-Hatch Tamas aren't running. It's all the group hatch ones now! That leaves me to focus on the group hatch entirely from now on, until it's finished. But, I should do one more thing...

Hey Yuji!

"Yes?"

Hey, um... I know this is a really big request, but can you not interrupt my Group Hatch log?

"Why? Then I can't protect the human race against literal remarks from you!"

I know, but I really can't have you there. It's not in the spirit of a group hatch. They're kinda different from normal Tamagotchi logs. You can't have anyone interrupt or mock you! You can run around in here as much as you like, but please don't go over to the group hatch!

"And how will you make me do that?"

Uh... Man, I didn't think of this... Umm...

"How sad."

Oh, I know! Take a holiday!

"To where? Mame City is already the best destination ever! It has everything I can want!"

Are you sure about that? If nothing in Tamagotchi Planet fancies you, you can always go to a different planet. What about Mars? I'm pretty sure you'll find interesting things there.

"But how? I'll have to build a spaceship and space suit! By the time I finish those, you'll have finished your group hatch log!"

I don't think so. Remember when you left for Tamagotchi Planet from Earth? You didn't need to put a space suit on then! You just flew away in your lab coat!

"Wait, what?"

In fact, any Tamagotchi can leave Earth without a space suit! This should be nothing for someone like you! Come on, just head for Mars already!

"Please, no... You're being literal again..."

Come on, I know you want to! If you don't leave for Mars, I'll just make more literal remarks!

"You're not going to put me in a corner like that!"

Oh yes I will. Why do your glasses have swirls on them? Why did you even need glasses when you evolved from Mametchi? Why did you turn into a robot and then back into an organic lifeform again? How could you make spare parts for yourself when you were a Young Androtchi? Oh yeah, and you're pretty old now, right? So why aren't you an Ojitchi by now?

"AAAAHHH! Fine! I'll leave for Mars! But let me warn you, I'll be back in full force when you've finished that group hatch of yours!" *Disappears and flies away*

Yes! Now my group hatch log won't have Yuji scurrying around in it!

Oh, I almost forgot! Here are the stats of Nigel and Edward.

Training: 3/9 bars
Skill Points: 17 Intelligence / 21 Fashion / 11 Social
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Harutchi > Young Androtchi

Skill Points: 95 Intelligence / 127 Fashion / 29 Social

Well, that's it for today! Thank you all for reading. If you'd like to see more logs from me for the time being, click on the link at the top of the episode to go to the Tama-Thon Marathon page. Thank you all for your support over all these weeks. I'll be back here in one or two weeks or so, but until then, good luck on your own Tama adventures!

Episode 28, Part 1

Yep, this log is back! The Tama-Thon Marathon has officially finished, so I finally came back here after two weeks! Tell you what, this log had gathered dust and rusted out since I last posted on it - it was almost at the bottom of the Tamagotchi Logs page! Though its views have gone up strangely, recently reaching the 850 mark. So thank you to those who have shown continued interest in this dormant page of the Internet! I'd also like to thank ksh12july34 for liking a couple of my episodes while I was away from this place!

So, it's time to bring the dust brush and rustkill, because this log is baaaack! We're starting up the fire and getting the steam to boiling point - we're about to start up this train again!

"Enough with the steam locomotive metaphors, please. This isn't TrainTalk, it's TamaTalk!"

Oh hi Yuji, you're back! How was your trip to Mars?

"It was splendid! I made a tonne of scientific discoveries! Thank you for sending me there, honestly!"

Ah, no problem! What did you discover?

"Nothing that you'll understand."

Oh, not again Yuji. I'm not that stupid. My teachers forced me into the top science class in high school, against my will! Yeah, I'm no genius, but I'm not a slouch either!

"That isn't good enough. Someone who's between a slouch and a genius isn't a genius, and only geniuses can understand what I found!"

Okay, fine. But I do have one question, one of which an average human can understand. Did you find life on Mars?

"As a matter of fact, I did!"

Oh cool! That's awesome! What was it?

"It was myself. Hahahahaaa!"

Very funny, Yuji.

"But in all honesty, I probably left behind some bacterium, since I was on the planet myself. And since Tamagotchi lifeforms can survive in any kind of environment, these specimens can as well. So the truth is that you might have aliens in a neighbouring planet! Just a couple of million years and you could well have an alien invasion!"

Ah well, nothing for me to worry about. All traces of me will be gone by then anyway!

"I won't! I can live forever, and I can see the humans suffer!"

Huh? You can live forever? I didn't know that!

"Wait, what? You don't know that! I didn't say it at all!"

Yeah you did. It's archived right here, on the Internet, for all of TamaTalk to see now.

"Aaaaaah!" *Disappears*

Not bad for someone who's between a slouch and a genius. And with that, it's time for me to move on!

So anyway, you probably noticed up top that this is Episode 28, Part 1. That's because this episode is going to be huuuuge! So huge in fact that it's got over 10 photos (Even after my collage efforts) so I have no choice but to split it in two! Part 1 took a whole lot of time to make too (Hence the post-Midnight release), let alone Part 2! Because of this, Part 2 will likely come on Monday afternoon. Because it's a two-parter, I won't have stats on this post either.

So anyway, let's get this started! I have a lot of background to cover here, since I logged an entire generation in the group hatch, and I'd better explain what happened there for those audience members who haven't read that.

I actually didn't have any Tamas functioning for two days after the group hatch ceased, just to give myself a break. So, when I finally got them back out again on Sunday, I was greeted with this:

DSCN0893_zpsh6ttvk24.jpg

No less than six crying babies, waiting to be named! They were actually crying in this state for a number of days, the poor things. They must be pretty tough if they were still alive after all this!

At about 12:55 PM, I named the six infants. Here's what names I gave them:

DSCN0894_zpssgtdd4ss.jpg

I'll now give a recap on these babies and their parents, for those who didn't follow the group hatch log:

The Version 1 (Top left) had a male Babytchi, named Will. He is the sixth-generation Tama in that shell. His father, named Zach, was a pure example of a perfect-care odd-generation Tama, as he was a Kinakomotchi as a child, an Ichigotchi as a teenager and finally a Mametchi as an adult! This made him the fifth installment of the Mametchi-Mimitchi cycle! Can the newborn Will live up to his family's standards? Well, you know what the answer will be already I bet. It hasn't failed so far!

The Version 2 (Top middle) had a male Petitchi named Bruno, who is the ninth generation in his shell. He is actually Will's brother, as his mother, named Kayla, married Zach to have the two sons! Unlike Zach however, Kayla had a rather middling upbringing, being a Marutchi as a child, then a Propellertchi as a teenager and a Flowertchi as an adult. These happened more or less due to some accidental care slips I gave her! At least her training filled up, though...

Regardless, Kayla was a caring mother, and tutored Bruno enough to place him in my care. Will Bruno follow his mother's middling footsteps? Well, knowing the rather unpredictable Version 2, probably not.

The Version 3 (Top Right) had a female Teletchi named Karen. She makes up the fifth generation in her household, and is the fifth consecutive girl as well! Her mother's name was Joan. Joan appeared to be going on the bad-care path as a youngster, being a Mizutamatchi as a child and a Hinotamatchi as a teenager. However, her ways turned around by adulthood, and she grew to be a perfect-care Mimitchi! Joan had Karen with a Tarakotchi suggested by the Matchmaker.

The rainbow & white Version 4 (Bottom left) ahd a female Tsubutchi called Zelda, the fifth-generation representative in her lineage. Her mother, Saria, was a Kuchi purist, being a Mohitamatchi as a child, a Young Dorotchi as a teenager and finally a Sebiretchi as an adult. Saria's evolution was interesting because she came from a family of more or less Meme lhistory, with only one distant Kuchi ancestor. Will Zelda become a Kuchi, just like her mother, or will she veer from the road, just like her mother? :p We'll see!

The snowy blue Version 4 (Bottom middle) had a female Tsubutchi named Iris, after another Dragon-type Gym Leader from Pokemon. Iris is also of the fifth generation in her family, and she is the sister of Zelda, as her father, Drake, married Saria! Drake was an Oyajitchi, and was one because he was part of an ongoing experiment to see if an Oyajitchi can reset a "Family Gene". As a result, Iris will be the culmination of an experiment I started about two months ago! Drake's brother (And Iris' uncle), Joe, performed this to success, so we'll see how Iris goes in replicating the same feat!

And finally, we have our last Tama, the Version 4.5 (Bottom right) with a female Tsubutchi named Hana! She is from the sixth generation in her family. Her father, Naoto, had a very interesting life. He came from a family of Universal adults, so it was assumed that he was destined to become one as well. However, he broke the mold and became a Kujakutchi as a teenager! Because of this, I performed an experiment on him to see if he could replicate the family switch trick and turn into an Ura Mametchi from high Humour points. This trick was a success, so he furtherly gained more Humour points and evolved into the special adult Hyottokotchi! So Naoto not only switched families once; he did twice! Because of this, he is one of the most remembered Tamas that I've raised so far (And also because Hyottokotchi is so cute)! Naoto eventually married an Ura Debatchi from the Matchmaker.

My aim for Hana is for her to become a Hanagatatchi (Another special adult), using the Family Switch Trick again if necessary. If I'm successful with this, I will have obtained all of the secret characters available in the Versions 4 and 4.5! I'm sure you guessed why I named this baby Hana now... ;)

Phew, so, that's all of the babies hatched on Sunday! If you want to see a detailed log of all of their parents raised in the group hatch, click the Tama-Thon Marathon link in my signature and you'll get to see it (In addition to Jade27 and Appadeia's logs).

But now, it's time to track their growth!

DSCN0900_zpsa1wm2h3b.jpg

I did the strategy of starting one at a time in short succession, getting to the next one after one got all of their hearts initially filled. In order, I started Will, then Bruno, Karen, Zelda & Iris, and finally Hana (Yeah, in predictable version order). Zelda and Iris were started at the same time, since I could complete the Jumping Rope game with both at once. between Will and Hana (First and last started), the two were about 7 minutes apart.

I now retract my statement that these babies were tough (Surviving a few days whilst waiting to be named) because the baby stage multiplied by six was certainly a hectic experience! I scraped through all right, though, and I managed to go through the whole session without a single baby losing more than one heart on either meter!

The hour-long session was actually very hands-on as I didn't leave the six Tamas once. This was because once I finished a game with one baby, another would have lost a heart, leading me to feed or play a game with that one and so on. So it was actually easier to keep on top of them than with one baby, given the intermittent nature of a lighter load.

After the hour-long stage was up, it was time for them to evolve! First-up was Will...

DSCN0908_zps43eucmhb.jpg

He became a Kinakomotchi! Excellent!

A while later, it was Bruno's turn:

DSCN0912_zpsvb1mg9rx.jpg

Nice! A Kuribotchi! I wasn't actually expecting that, since his mother was a bad-care adult. Perhaps her maxed-out training meter (Or the Mametchi father) influenced Kuribotchi's appearance.

Karen's turn was next, a few seconds later...

DSCN0916_zpsc1aedlcn.jpg

A Mohitamatchi, eh? I think that's the first time I've had that character on the Version 3. Another top-tier child character, too!

Now, what about Zelda?

DSCN0920_zpslyzfyziy.jpg

Puchitchi? That's odd, coming from a Kuchi mother. Maybe her deeper Meme genes were calling again? Who knows.

I actually paused Iris for about 10 seconds just so she would evolve slightly after Zelda and I could capture her full evolution process like the others. Here's what she became:

DSCN0923_zpstc014m2e.jpg

Okay, this makes no sense. Her mother was a Kuchi, and her father had a neutral gene, so why Harutchi? The only Mame presence from either side was the snowy Version 4's very first generation, a Mimitchi named Elsa. Either Elsa's genes emerged from way back in the past, or the random number generation copped a rare result and veered Iris away from her close lineage entirely! It certainly gave her father Drake's experiment a radical spin, that's for sure! Assuming she evolves into a Mame teenager though, Maidtchi or Marotchi would be good goals for her.

And finally, Hana! Hana was actually pretty reluctant to evolve, as she seemingly took ages to do so after the Version 4 twins. But when she did...

DSCN0926_zpsissup3nf.jpg

A Kuchitamatchi! I'd had this character a few times before, but I like Kuchitamatchi's dorky personality, so I welcomed this evolution.

But that's not all! After all six evolved into the Child stage, I remembered that this is Log: A Carer of Eight, not Log: A Carer of Six! So I pulled out my other two Version 4s (Green and Flowery Blue), wiped the dust off them, and unpaused the Tamas within!

DSCN0928_zpsqs2gj48k.jpg

Welcome back, Nigel and Eddie! At last, my original family of eight Connection Tamagotchi virtual pets are together again! No reductions, no Version 5s, no title-defying episodes, no compromises, just the original eight!

Tell you what, I'm very impressed by the batteries in these two. Believe it or not, the aforementioned two Version 4s still have their original, January-issue batteries! In addition, these were just paused (Not de-activated) so they were still being sapped of power during the group hatch. The other six now have newer batteries because I wanted to be safe in the group hatch, in case the old ones ran out at the time (Which probably wouldn't have been a problem in hindsight). When the old batteries in the green and flowery blue Tamas do run out, I'll replace them with more spare January-issue batteries (That came off the others prior to the hatch) just so I can use them all up and just issue new ones later. It will stifle their growth a bit, but it should be done for economy's sake!

Anyway, that's all Part 1 can hold in terms of pictures, so the rest of the events (And the stats) will go into Part 2. I'll probably pause my Tamas on Monday afternoon so I can catch up and focus on finishing this second part!

But anyway, thank you all for your patience for this, and I hope you enjoyed it! From now, many more adventures will come up ahead! Part 2 should arrive in about 24 hours, so stay tuned!

Episode 28, Part 2

Hi all, here's this episode's other half! At the point the first half ended, I just introduced the child evolutions of the six Tamas hatched on Sunday, and also just unpaused Nigel and Eddie. But I didn't mention anything that happened afterwards! So that's what Part 2 is for (And yes, all of the events are still from Sunday)! As a result, my Tamas are still paused, and will probably remain so through Tuesday. Part 2 probably won't be as long as Part 1, but at least there's some stuff there.

Before I get onto the Tamas, I'd like to thank x.Optimistic and AwesomeGotchi for liking Part 1! In addition, the views have skyrocketed since last time and are now nearing 900 already! It's nice to see that my log has so much support in its renewed state, so thank you!

On to the Tamas! An hour after the six babies evolved, Zelda, Iris and Hana got enrolled into pre-school!

DSCN0938_zps5df9xrmq.jpg

I sent them there a few times shortly afterwards, boosting their skill points somewhat. I also gave Eddie his first few school lessons in order to raise his Social points (As he is going to become a Zukyutchi).

At around the same time, I was thinking up of potential couples, since I have an even male/female ratio at the moment. I thought that I could do three couples, including Eddie in the mix since he's only a year and a half older than the six youngsters. I will have to leave Nigel to the Matchmaker, since he's a lot older than everyone else, and I would therefore have to leave one of the young'uns out as well.

After a bit of thinking, I decided to pair Will with Zelda, Bruno with Karen and Eddie with Hana. Poor Iris was the one left out unfortunately! Because of this, I connected the three couples a lot:

DSCN0930_zpsjpxburlp.jpg

All couples now have two faces with each other. When they become teenagers, I'll get them to 4 faces.

Hana had a rather funny story whilst connecting with Eddie. I was having Hana send over Eddie a present (A Melon), but she brought him pranks (Jack-in-the-boxes or messes) no less than 3 times! So I had to scold her for all of those incidents. This, combined with her normal calls for training, has already elevated her training to 5 bars (And she isn't even 1 year old yet). Tell you what, no matter with what happens to the others, I'm pretty sure that Hana will have full training when she's all grown-up!

The kids liked to play around a lot during the day. I managed to catch Will, Bruno and Karen rolling:

DSCN0917_zpsbnofjuxi.jpg

Bruno was especially energetic, because he began rolling about a minute after he evolved from his baby stage! His above rolling shot was actually from that particular session, so that's pretty cool.

In addition, I saw Will with the flowers again (Like with his father, last generation):

DSCN0929_zpsl5zinnqi.jpg

This was interesting, because you normally don't see child characters do animations (Other than rolling), especially those shared with adults. But I guess the Version 1 has an exception! I'd assume it's Spring-themed, because it doesn't all that much have to do with Easter as far as I'm aware. But I might be wrong - who knows?

With one last subject to go on, Nigel finally got paid employment late at night:

DSCN0941_zpskwhml3hu.jpg

He was accepted into the... clothes shop? Or clothes factory? Whatever it is. The building with the big shirt!

It's funny thinking of robots doing fashion-based jobs. Imagine a robotic voice saying "I THINK THIS SHIRT SUITS YOU", or maybe "OH YEAH, THIS IS SO IN FASHION RIGHT NOW". It's pretty weird if I say so myself, but hey, Nigel must have some talent in that area if he's got the job.

"Hey! Don't tease my grandson like that!"

Huh?

"Don't you know that Nigel is a living being? You're mocking him for being a robot, and that's wrong! He has feelings, you know! He is just as capable of doing a Fashion-based career as anybody else!"

O-okay, man! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it, it just looks... unlikely, you know.

"So you're thinking with stereotypes, eh? Here you are, trying to teach me things about society, trying to make me all tolerant or whatever. Turns out that you need a lesson or two yourself!"

Hey, wait a minute. Are you defending Nigel's fashion career? I thought that you hate fashion and everything about it.

"I do hate fashion, but that's not the point. Nigel can still be in the fashion industry, even if he doesn't look like something fashionable! It's basic knowledge."

Okay, fine. I'm sorry.

"You didn't mean it that time! Say it with more sincerity!"

All, right, Yuji. I'm sorry for insulting Nigel. I'm sorry for thinking with stereotypes, too.

"Okay, that's better. Now, I'd better teach you how to respect others in a proper manner over the next few days, boy."

Boy? C'mon, I'm 21 years old!

"You're still a boy to me as long as you have your current attitude. Now, don't insult Nigel again, you hear?" *Disappears*

Well... I'll have to admit that Yuji got me that time. So here's the lesson folks, it's wrong to make fun of an Androtchi for doing creative or fashionable things!

Anyway, that's all from the wacky Tama world on my end at the moment. Here come the stats!

Stats for Will (Version 1, Black shell)
Weight: 12 lb
Style: Boy
Generation: 6G
Evolution: Babytchi > Kinakomotchi > Ichigotchi

Stats for Bruno (Version 2, Flowery Green shell)
Weight: 14 lb
Generation: 9G
Gotchi Points: 3,591
Evolution: Petitchi > Kuribotchi

Stats for Karen (Version 3, Red shell)
Weight: 15 lb
Gotchi Points: 9,999
Evolution: Teletchi > Mohitamatchi

Skill Points: 23 Intelligence / 21 Fashion / 41 Social
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Harutchi > Young Androtchi

Skill Points: 103 Intelligence / 135 Fashion / 29 Social
Weight: 26 lb

Stats for Zelda (Version 4, White/Rainbow shell)
Skill Points: 20 Intelligence / 22 Fashion / 10 Social
Weight: 19 lb
Gotchi Points: 30,610
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Puchitchi

Stats for Iris (Version 4, Snowy Blue shell)
Skill Points: 5 Intelligence / 32 Fashion / 12 Social
Weight: 18 lb
Gotchi Points: 41,930
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Harutchi

Stats for Hana (Version 4.5, Globe shell)
Training: 5/9 bars
Skill Points: 46 Humour / 25 Glamour / 33 Spiritual
Weight: 14 lb
Gotchi Points: 70,510
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Kuchitamatchi

Well, finally, Episode 28 is done and dusted! Thanks for putting up with my staggered schedule regarding this one... I can only type so much in a day!

Anyway, I do have an announcement to share here, regarding immediate episode schedules. This weekend (Throughout Easter), I'll be on a short holiday to Sydney, so that will actually affect future episodes. I decided that the next episode will take place on Thursday instead of Wednesday this week to allow more time for stuff to happen (Making more material available basically). Then, the episode after that won't be until Monday next week, after I come back from the trip (And I can write that day because of the public holiday, so no work). This will furtherly push the third-next episode to Thursday next week. On Saturday next weekend, though, the schedule will start going back to normal.

So yeah, things will be mucked around a bit. To compromise, though, I decided that I will bring two of my Tamagotchis to Sydney with me. Then, I can write up their events on the episode after I come back, making a Sydney-themed special! I thought to do that since it'll be something different for once.

Now the question is, which two are going to come? Well, I have quite a choice, really, so uh, I'll have to narrow it down! Well, to begin with, I definitely shouldn't bring Eddie or Nigel, simply because they have old batteries and they might go flat during the trip (And that's no fun). In addition, I thought that if I were to bring two, I should bring two that are destined to marry later on, so that I won't have one member of a couple age ahead of another when I'm back. That way, all of the couples can still marry even though one of the couples would've aged ahead of the others.

So with the rules of no old batteries and couples only established, I have the choice of two combinations. I can either take the duo of Bruno and Karen, or the couple of Will and Zelda! Now, what couple should I take?

Well, I'm leaving this decision to you, the audience! If you feel that you want a particular contending couple to go with me to Sydney, then let me know either by commenting here or giving me a PM! I'd say that you can contact me via the Discord chat too, but I actually haven't been bothered to go in it yet, so... yeah. Better get onto that... ^_^

If I actually get no suggestions, then I'll just decide myself, somehow... but making a suggestion could help if you have one!

"hey u guys! pick me! pick me! i wanna go!"

"Yea, I wanna go on a holladay with my best friend Will!"

"no I wanna come! I'm the coolest cos I have a hawk!"

"Yeah, karen got the best hawk evaaar! me and she should totally go! you 2 are boooooring!"

Okay, okay, kids. Calm down there. You've made your case! And, uh, by the way, get back to being paused!

All: "yes Mr hohochi..." *Pauses*

Wow, these kids still need to learn their spelling and grammar. Anyway, as I said, you can decide who gets to go along, so there's something to do while waiting for my next episode!

But, until then, good luck on your own Tama adventures! I'll see you soon!

Episode 29

Hiya there! I'm back for this unusual Thursday episode!

Firstly, thanks again to ksh12july34 for liking Parts 1 and 2 of last episode since I last posted! Also, the log now has 950 views already. It seems that I get around 50 views per episode these days, so that's really cool! Thanks for your support, as always.

So anyway, I do have a lot to cover, though I can at least fit this episode into one part! This was partly because I was more efficient at my collage efforts for the photos, so I was able to go under the 10 photo limit. So, with no further ado, let's get into it!

So, I unpaused my Tamas on Wednesday afternoon after not having used them for two days. Wednesday was pretty uneventful, but I did see this when I connected Hana with Eddie in the afternoon:

DSCN0946_zps0pp3bqmi.jpg

LOL! Funny how Kuchitamatchi faces forward when surprised. You don't see stuff like this often in old-style Tama sprites (Most of the characters with Kuchi-like beaks just have it sideways all the time). It reminds me of Kuchipatchi's anime drawings when he faces forward actually.

I did make a mistake later in the evening. Without warning, I was suddenly ordered to cook dinner for the whole house, so I had to do that (Which took well over half an hour). I was only able to check up on the Tamas after I finished it, and I only had enough time to pause them. By then, most of them (Except Nigel) had at least 1 hungry and happy heart empty - Bruno and Will actually had two empty happy hearts. By the time the whole dinner thing was finished, it was past 8:00 PM so everyone except Nigel was asleep! So I couldn't tend to their hearts until Thursday afternoon.

While the Tamas were asleep, the six child characters (That I hatched last Sunday) turned 1 year old, which meant that they would evolve in the afternoon after work. So, when I came back at 1:30 PM, I unpaused them one by one and saw them evolve! I unpaused them by version order again, but I collaged most of the photos to reduce used photo allocation space. Here are the evolutions of Will and Karen:

DSCN0954_zpsggmk3hwb.jpg

Will is in his second of three total steps to becoming the Mametchi-Mimitchi cycle's sixth installment! I wasn't entirely sure if I would get Young Mimitchi this time around, due to the dinner thing the previous night. But, I suppose that wasn't enough to tarnish the "Good care" result after all.

I was really happy seeing Karen become an Obotchi, because I haven't had this character before. It's a good-care one too! I find Obotchi to actually be a fitting evolution for Mohitamatchi, because it keeps the hairstyle but grows arms and legs!

Now that I think about it, I think Obotchi evolves from Mohitamatchi in the Osutchi, which was the release (Alongside the Mesutchi) that both made their debut on. So Obotchi was originally designed as an evolution of Mohitamatchi anyway!

When I unpaused Bruno, he literally evolved the second after, so I couldn't actually catch the first part of the evolving process (Hence why his photo isn't bunched with Will and Karen), but anyway, he became...

DSCN0950_zpsltifati3.jpg

A Ringotchi! That's quite exciting, because I haven't had Ringotchi in a while. It's also very nostalgic, because the first Tamagotchi I ever raised, Wendy (On this very same Version 2 in 2005), was also a Ringotchi as a teenager!

Now, it's time to see what the Version 4/4.5s became!

DSCN0964_zpsisay0ikl.jpg

So... I have three Ringotchi now! It was pretty much expected with Iris, but I more or less thought that Zelda would become a Meme. Though Puchitchi does have a small chance of becoming a Mame, so it's not right out of the ballpark. Still pretty weird though coming from a mixed Meme and Kuchi heritage!

And Hana evolved from a dorky Kuchitamatchi into a graceful Ura Young Memetchi! I don't even need to do the Family Switch Trick to get Hanagatatchi now! Actually, Hana's evolution was kinda weird as well, because her parents were an Ura Mame and Ura Kuchi. Ah well, genes don't really matter on this version anyway.

...But, that's not all! I noticed that Eddie turned 3 years old shortly after I unpaused him, and sometime after, at 4:00 PMish, he evolved into an adult!

DSCN0978_zpsyvilkji3.jpg

It happened out of the blue, so I couldn't photograph the actual evolution, but that's still pretty cool. I'll see how I like Zukyutchi over the next few days!

So yeah, 7 evolutions in one day! Pretty extreme there, Tamas. But anyway, an hour after the kids evolved into teenagers, Zelda, Iris and Hana entered school!

DSCN0975_zpsifgrue4y.jpg

I placed Zelda into Mr. Canvas' class, and Hana and Iris into Ms. Flower's. Since both Zelda and Iris are Mame teens, I'm aiming for Zelda to become a Marotchi and Iris to become a Maidtchi. When I get these two adults, believe it or not, I will have gotten all of the Mame characters as well!

Oh yeah! Since I'm going to Sydney on Friday, I'd better find out which couple got the most votes to go with me! Let's open the ballot box and see!

"Um, I have some bad news for you on that topic..."

What's that, Yuji?

"You didn't get any votes at all! No-one gave you any suggestions!"

Oh, I see... Hmmm... I suppose that happens sometimes, doesn't it? Well, in that case, I'm glad that I enacted my backup plan some time ago!

"And what was that, boy?"

*Sigh* Boy, again?

"Yes! I haven't taught you how to respect an Androtchi yet, so you're still a boy!"

Whatever. Anyway, I decided that if I got no suggestions, I would connect two Tamas (One representing each team) and have them play a game. The winner's team would be the group coming with me! Luckily, I did just that after my young'uns evolved into teenagers. Since both Bruno and Zelda became a Ringotchi, I decided to have those two duke it out and make it a Battle of the Ringotchi!

"That's not a bad idea."

Thanks! So yeah, the two started the eating contest game, and here's what happened...

DSCN0965_zpshyaqrij5.jpg

Yep, Zelda was the winner! This means that she and Will are going to be the ones coming with me to Sydney! This also means that they'll age ahead of the rest, but at least the two can still breed! Perhaps they can marry on the Sydney Harbour Bridge!

Anyway, there's more to talk about still. Nigel turned 6 years old at about the same time that Eddie turned 3, so at 3:00 PM, he got a Matchmaker visit! She suggested a Hanatchi (A Universal adult), and I pressed yes!

DSCN0969_zpsnwsgieai.jpg

Nigel got a baby girl! Since Hanatchi is a Universal adult, she probably won't have any influence on the baby's growth. So I'd guess that the baby will become a Mame like Nigel (Unless she veers somewhere else completely like Zelda did). I actually have a plan for her, but I won't tell yet.

Anyway, I also have plans regarding the evolution of Bruno and Karen. When the two went to sleep, I deliberately didn't turn the lights out so I could give them one care mistake. I did this because I want them both to be in the second tier, if not below.

Since Bruno is in an odd generation, the three possible adults when given perfect care are Mametchi, Violetchi and Pyonchitchi. The only adult out of those three I haven't gotten is Pyonchitchi, and that character only has a 33% chance of appearing. I don't like my chances there, and I've received Mametchi and Violetchi a heap of times on my other versions. In the second tier, the adults are Ginjirotchi, Kuchipatchi and Pochitchi. Out of this set, I've only achieved Ginjirotchi and Kuchipatchi once (The latter for under a day) and not Pochitchi at all. If I give Bruno a care mistake, therefore, I have a better chance at achieving a more refreshing adult character. I believe I faced the same dilemma with Bruno's grandmother, Pippi, and gave her a care mistake, ending up with Ginjirotchi.

I'm on the same boat with Karen. I've already achieved all three of the top-tier odd generation adults (Mametchi, Voletchi & Pyonkotchi) whereas I'm more clear with the second tier. The adults in the second tier are Kuchipatchi, Memetchi and Biluotchi, and Memetchi is the only adult that I've had successive times before (I haven't even had Biluotchi at all yet). I surely hope that I get Biluotchi, though I'll be fine with Kuchipatchi too.

Of course, with either, if I get a tier or more lower than the second one, that's fine too. I've also got plenty of unobtained adults in the lower areas!

So anyway, this finishes the episode! Here are the Tamas' current stats:

Evolution: Babytchi > Kinakomotchi > Young Mimitchi

Gotchi Points: 3,686
Evolution: Petitchi > Kuribotchi > Ringotchi

Training: 4/9 bars
Gotchi Points: 9,199
Evolution: Teletchi > Mohitamatchi > Obotchi

Skill Points: 26 Intelligence / 21 Fashion / 82 Social
Evolution: KuroTsubutchi > Harutchi > Young Androtchi > Zukyutchi

Skill Points: 130 Intelligence / 147 Fashion / 29 Social
Occupation: Fashion Designer (I found out that this is the official name of Nigel's job)

Skill Points: 25 Intelligence / 24 Fashion / 57 Social
Weight: 24 lb
Gotchi Points: 31,590
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Puchitchi > Ringotchi

Skill Points: 32 Intelligence / 82 Fashion / 14 Social
Gotchi Points: 44,090
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Harutchi > Ringotchi

Training: 8/9 bars
Skill Points: 52 Humour / 73 Glamour / 51 Spiritual
Weight: 15 lb
Gotchi Points: 72,210
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Kuchitamatchi > Ura Young Memetchi

Well, this is it before I head to Sydney! My next episode will be on Monday, the day after I come back home, and it will be a special episode featuring Will and Zelda in Sydney! They could well evolve into adults or get married by then too!

Anyway, there is one last thing to mention. Some viewers may have realised that the last photos in Episode 28, Part 1 aren't appearing anymore. That's because I accidentally deleted them from PhotoBucket while uploading new ones for Part 2 a few days back! While I re-uploaded the file, the post was already over 24 hours old by then, so I couldn't edit the post and restore the link. So I'll just post them again here!

DSCN0928_zpsfgxnsqzk.jpg

For context, these were taken just after I unpaused Nigel and Eddie on Sunday (After being paused over the group hatch).

Well, until Monday, I won't be able to go on TamaTalk, so there won't be anything from me until I come back (Including in the Fun Stuff section for those of you who post with me there). So until I do come back, have fun, and most of all, best of luck with your own Tama adventures!

"You there, boy!"

"Come on! Get up!"

...nnnggghhh...

"You have a log to run, you know! You haven't updated it in almost a week!"

ugh... cmon yuji... im tired...

"That's no excuse! You have given yourself a responsibility to maintain this log for the entertainment of TamaTalk users!"

It's not like... I'm under any sort of contract, y'know...

That doesn't matter! You aren't allowed to slack off! You can't climb to greatness unless you work hard!"

Fine, whatever...

"That's not the spirit!"

Well, I guess I'd better do it. My Tamas haven't run in a while and I'd like to see them again, so...

"That's not quite what I'm looking for, but I guess it'll have to do..."

Okay, let's get this log started again!

Episode 30

So yeah, there goes my revised episode schedule and this episode's release on Monday! My failure to keep up came from partly being busy, partly being lazy. As planned, I came back from Sydney on Sunday, and was set to write on Monday, but I was a bit too lazy to start it in the morning. Looking back, I probably should have started at that time, because later on I had unexpected social obligations and couldn't write for the rest of the day!

I was busy throughout Tuesday, of course, so I had to leave it until Wednesday to actually write the thing! Worse still, Photobucket decided to fail on me again while I was uploading the photos, so I had to wait until Thursday morning (Australian time) to actually release it. Things just weren't in my favour with this one!

At least my Tamas were paused through the last couple of days just so they won't get too far ahead of me. This therefore leaves me to just focus on one topic here... my Sydney trip!

Yeah, this episode's actually rather special, because it's not only the 30th episode, but it's also the Sydney special! To those who didn't read last episode, I went on a short trip to Sydney (Capital of the Australian state of New South Wales, and Australia's biggest city) to do some order of business there. However, I did have enough time to do some other fun stuff! I also took two of my Tamas along (Will on my Version 1 and Zelda on my white Version 4) which made the trip interesting.

So, on the Friday, I made my trip to Sydney via the plane! I packed Will and Zelda into my bag, and during the trip, the two had the fastest and longest journey they will ever have (Well, that's until they make their way to Tamagotchi Planet through space after they leave their future offspring)! Then, I arrived, and checked into my motel! After doing things for a while, I walked to Darling Harbour for some downtime. I finally got to look after Will and Zelda then (After being paused since before the plane ride), and connected the two as well! I also got some Gelato :)

I couldn't take any Tama photos with Sydney backdrops the first day, except one of the two sleeping in my motel at night:

DSCN0990_zpsfg7jkbcc.jpg

I couldn't do much in the way of the Tamas for the second day either, though in the afternoon I spent time with them in the motel. At that time I got Will and Zelda's friendship up to 4 faces, and I additionally got Zelda's Social points to a good number!

DSCN0991_zpsgt9x6qku.jpg

I was quite happy at that because the two were paused for a majority of the two days and I didn't think that I could achieve either. I had them paused for much of the time because I wouldn't be able to tend to them properly while doing things in Sydney, and I obviously didn't want them to starve.

On the third day, I largely had free time by myself, so I set off early in the morning to actually get some scenic shots of Sydney with the Tamas! Because of this, I set the clocks to an hour earlier so that they'd wake up at 8:00 AM. I had breakfast and then set off to a few of Sydney's scenic locations!

DSCN0997_zpsmvejmwb9.jpg

First up is a photo of a barely visible Zelda posed alongside the distant Sydney Central Station Clock Tower! The railway station that this clock tower is a part of was built in 1906, though the clock tower wasn't added until 1921. The 85.6 metre-tall structure surely makes Zelda's tiny Tamagotchi shell quite dwarfed in comparison!

When I was taking this photo, I noticed a different shape inside Zelda's screen...

DSCN0998_zpsqgu0ubie.jpg

Zelda had evolved into the adult character Marotchi! She must've done so just before I got her out for the photo. Awesome!

I then went inside Central Station to catch a suburban train to Circular Quay, which contains some of Sydney's most famous attractions. When I arrived at Circular Quay, I firstly went to perhaps Sydney's most world-famous attraction, the 1932-built Sydney Harbour Bridge! Here is a shot of it, coupled with a (slightly blurrier) shot of Zelda alongside:

DSCN1005_zpsqabphbp6.jpg

Then, I turned about 90 degrees and posed Will with the city skyline!

DSCN1008_zpsaqdc1d13.jpg

I walked afterwards to the front of the Opera House (Which wasn't far away), which is also a famous Sydney structure, albeit from much later (1973). After a few unsuccessful attempts, I finally got a half-decent shot of Zelda (Close up) with the Opera House!

DSCN1011_zpstmbdmp2x.jpg

After these famous attractions, I did some much further exploring. I ventured out of the CBD area and went to a bus museum for a few hours, which was great fun for a bus enthusiast like myself. Here's a pose of Zelda with one of the buses there, a 1953-built AEC Regent III double-decker:

DSCN1019_zpsycqqzgnm.jpg

After this moment, I decided to pause the two Tamas so I could focus on the buses. Or at least I thought I did... but more on that later. After I finished that (Which took quite a few hours), I went to a nearby park for some relaxation. I took Zelda out for another photo:

DSCN1034_zps7ogfjqqk.jpg

You'd probably now observe that I was being quite biased on Zelda for the photos. The main reason was because of her Tama being much easier to unpause! Changing the time to the correct value every time while unpausing a Version 1 (Connexion release) is quite annoying to say the least!

Talking about pausing a European/Oceania Version 1, when I got back to my motel, I noticed that the clock on Will's Tama wasn't on the clock set screen! Additionally, the Attention icon was illuminated. Yep, I didn't properly pause Will at all while at the bus museum!

Because of that, I found Will without any hungry hearts and only two happy hearts! He also had two messes beside him. Whoops! At least he was still alive. However, I'm pretty sure that I destroyed any shot of obtaining Mimitchi this generation... which could probably be a good thing actually! I've been stuck in the Mametchi-Mimitchi cycle for five generations now, so it's about time I had a change! The new question is... what character is Will going to become now? It'll be interesting to see!

Anyway, I fixed Will up, so he was fine afterwards. But I had to pause the two again shortly after, because it was time for me to catch my plane home! The two were placed in my bag again, and enjoyed the return trip in their paused state!

By the time I was back home I was pretty tired, which influenced my behaviour into the next day, delaying this episode! Ah well, at least it exists now.

Since coming back, the two have been paused alongside my other six that are now with me. However, I'll unpause them again tomorrow afternoon and then my log can continue as normal! While I was planning for next episode to come on Thursday (Anticipating a Monday release for this one), I think I'll now have it on Friday to get it back on schedule (And allow two-ish days to pass from now, allowing time for stuff to happen).

Anyway, here are the stats! I'll just have Will's and Zelda's here this time, since absolutely nothing has happened to the other six since last time:

Evolution: Babytchi > Kinakomotchi > Young Mimitchi

Skill Points: 34 Intelligence / 24 Fashion / 118 Social
Gotchi Points: 33,970
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Puchitchi > Ringotchi > Marotchi

So, that's all for this time now! I hope you liked this change of pace. I personally think that this log can do good with the occasional one-off mix-up. But as for now, it'll return to normal from next episode onwards.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, thanks specifically to ksh12july34 and AwesomeGotchi for your continued likes! I also have nearly 1000 views now... I'm almost out of the three-digit realm!

Anyway, that's all from me for now. I'll see you in hopefully two more days! Hopefully I keep up for a while this time around. But until I do release the next episode, whether it's in two days or two months, I wish you good luck with your own Tama adventures!

Episode 31

Hi Tamafans! It turns out the combo of episodes on time that I set to begin last episode has reset to zero yet again (Saturday release of a Friday episode). Same old reasons, too... business, laziness and lack of decent afternoon planning. I would have released it early in the morning, though, if it weren't for Photobucket screwing around again... -_- It wouldn't do anything for almost the whole day, making me delay the episode!

Well, it doesn't seem like you all mind anyway, so I probably shouldn't be this strict on myself. I guess I'll just have to accept that I'll be late on this log for a lot of the time.

Anyway, a decent-sized amount of stuff has happened, so I'd better show you all what exactly the Tamas have been doing!

Thursday was quite uneventful actually - the only major thing that happened was that Eddie graduated school and got a job:

DSCN1038_zpsslrqncql.jpg

He's a pre-school staff member now! I don't know if he's a pre-school teacher per se, because all he does is count how many kids get onto the bus. Who knows?

He actually got the job shortly before he turned 4 - I think the pausing mucked up his ageing a tiny bit.

The next afternoon (Friday) was much more eventful. I figured on Thursday that Will was due to evolve soon, so when I got home on Friday I unpaused Will and took the camera out. It turned out that he did evolve about 30 seconds later! And what did he become? Well...

DSCN1048_zpsv91t5wrv.jpg

He evolved into a Memetchi! So the care slip I gave Will downgraded him to the second tier. I was actually predicting (And hoping) that he'd become a Tarakotchi (Middle tier) because I've already had Memetchi a lot, but ah well. This makes Will the official embarrassment of his family's history, being the only non-perfect care member in his lineage!

DSCN1064_zpssdeftwuq.jpg

When I saw Will having his bath later that evening, I noticed that Memetchi's jumping/happy sprite is different to that on the Version 4. It's also the case with Memetchi's sideways closed-mouth sprite. Honestly, I do prefer the newer Version 4 versions of these sprites, simply because they look less corny. That said, the old ones don't disturb me or anything, so it isn't a huge deal.

I can't be too sad about getting Memetchi again because Will's going to get married soon. I connected him to Zelda, and the two fell in love! Once Will becomes of age to marry, he'll do just that!

DSCN1051_zps7fzwj0ve.jpg

Talking about Zelda, she graduated school and got a job late on Friday evening!

DSCN1054_zpskd5w5bkw.jpg

She became a bus driver! She must've been influenced by our recent trip to the bus museum! :p Well, I think the technical job title is Travel Guide. I don't actually know how Zelda can drive a bus with no arms, but she doesn't seem to be worried about it.

"Really? You're pulling out the old 'No arms' logic again? How long does it take for you to learn that Tamagotchis can cope just fine without arms?"

Well, you aren't telling me how they can hold things, so I'm still asking questions, naturally.

"There's no way I'm telling you. It will just open the floodgates for human greed to find out everything about our species!"

Whatever, Yuji...

Anyway, I noticed recently that Marotchi's sprite is like Shimashimatchi's in that it is off center in the "sprite block" and therefore shakes from side to side when Marotchi changes direction. It's not quite as extreme as Shimashimatchi (2 pixels vs 3) but it's still noticeable.

The teens Iris, Bruno, Karen and Hana have been going pretty well. I placed a good amount of attention on these four, mostly regarding their care, friendship and (In case of the Version 4-4.5s) skill points.

On Friday afternoon, I buckled down in raising Hana's skill points in order for her to evolve into a Hanagatatchi. Here's what I got for her by the evening:

DSCN1059_zpshhbb3eck.jpg

Half-way! I did all this without giving her a single toothache too! Since her skill points in the other categories are over 50 each, I only need to worry about raising her Glamour to 350. I'll probably raise them some more before she becomes an adult, which could make the home stretch easier.

While I have been raising the training meters on all of them, some were more successful than others. Hana already has 9 bars (Mostly due to her naughty present antics to Eddie when she was a child, raising bars dramatically), and Karen and Iris are not far behind. However, Bruno...

DSCN1060_zps9ii0vare.jpg

Yeah, I somehow keep missing his training calls. I guess his muted sound makes it harder, but I did successfully get his own mother to 9 bars. He's already 3 now, so I doubt that he can get them all. Ah well...

I also raised the friendship of the two couples (Bruno & Karen, and Hana & Eddie) to 4 faces. However, Eddie had other ideas:

DSCN1057_zpsrw2thjnq.jpg

He's already in love with Hana, and she's still a teenager! That's pretty weird. Hana isn't returning the feelings yet, though. I guess it's another Version 4 glitch. Since Hana is rendered as a Nazotchi in Eddie's shell, the green Version 4 wouldn't know if Hana is actually a teenager or adult, so I suppose that's the reason. I doubt I'll have an early marriage though given Hana's insistence of keeping it platonic for now.

And finally, Nigel had his last day with his daughter on Friday. To farewell him, I did something funny; I put the robotic character in a dress!

DSCN1061_zpslyrl7kta.jpg

Interestingly, Nigel didn't look particularly enthusiastic about wearing the dress, despite Androtchi being a character obtainable with high Fashion points. Maybe he's just not a fan of crossdressing or something.

But anyway, this means that next episode will have Nigel's daughter in it! Farewell, Nigel!

Anyway, that's all for now. It's time for stats! Since this was released on Saturday, these stats are as of the morning. Nigel's are missing because he left his baby.

Evolution: Babytchi > Kinakomotchi > Young Mimitchi > Memetchi

Gotchi Points: 3,886

Skill Points: 46 Intelligence / 21 Fashion / 90 Social

Skill Points: 64 Intelligence / 24 Fashion / 118 Social
Gotchi Points: 36,570

Training: 7/9 bars
Skill Points: 61 Intelligence / 128 Fashion / 17 Social
Gotchi Points: 46,240
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Harutchi > Ringotchi

Skill Points: 52 Humour / 186 Glamour / 51 Spiritual
Weight: 17 lb
Gotchi Points: 76,870
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Kuchitamatchi > Ura Young Memetchi

Okay, so that's all for now! I think that my next episode will have to be Sunday, just so I'll have enough time from this to next episode. By the way, this log has over 1,000 views now, so thanks! Also, thank you ksh12july34 and AwesomeGotchi for liking last episode yet again!

But anyway, I hope Photobucket continues to stay operable for next episode, else there will be delays again. But until then, good luck with your own Tama adventures!

Episode 32

Hi Tamafans! Photobucket was functioning properly (As with I), which leaves this Sunday episode on schedule! Yay!

Anyway, let's get on to this installment. I slept in a bit this morning, and so the first thing that I heard in regards to my Tamas was the evolution sound at slightly past 9:00 AM. When I was still figuring out what was happening in my half-asleep brain, I heard another evolution sound! This prompted me to get up and find that Hana and Iris had evolved into adults!

DSCN1067_zpse0lw77sl.jpg

They both became their expected forms (Ura Memetchi and Maidchi, respectively), but I was still very happy because I hadn't gotten either of them before.

Shortly after this, I connected Hana to Eddie, and the two fell in love!

DSCN1068_zpsakvpz3w2.jpg

Hana finally understood Eddie's premature feelings I guess! With that out of the way, though, it was time for business. IT'S HANAGATATCHI TIME!

She became an Ura Memetchi with 194 Glamour points, so I did the usual eat, play, school, eat, play, eat, play routine. Whaddaya know, some time later:

DSCN1075_zpsfvwjdhec.jpg

"I just got a facelift! Awesome!"

Yep, somehow, repetitive sessions of matching shapes caused Hana to turn into a... Hmmm... what exactly is Hanagatatchi anyway? A human head with feathers or something? Gah, who cares. Hana's evolution completes my special character quest! I got all six of the possible special characters in the Versions 4 and 4.5!

Interestingly, less than a minute before Hana evolved into Hanagatatchi, she got a letter. I opened it, and a robber sneaked in!

DSCN1077_zpsiyejnisd.jpg

The robber stole... 100 points? C'mon man, if you want just a measly 100 points, then go and do a few leaps in Jumping Rope! You don't even need a job - It isn't that hard! *Sigh* Robbers are pretty weird. Not that it's a big deal, since Hana has over 80,000 points now!

Interestingly, all of the mail that my Tamas got today consisted of either robbers or gifts from the Gotchi King. I actually wonder about these letters, because you see Nazotchi put the envelope into the letterbox, and yet you can get a robber or the King when you open them. What happens there? Do robbers go inside envelopes themselves and get delivered to your house, only to surprise attack you when you open it to rob your money? Does the King do the same but give you stuff instead? If that's the case, Tama characters putting themselves in envelopes must be a big craze in Tamagotchi Planet.

It does make sense, though. The envelopes are about as big as an adult character (Evident when Nazotchi delivers the mail), and these envelopes can fit snakes inside, so why not fully-grown Tamas, right?

*Shakes head* "At least you came up with a new thing to joke on this time..."

What? I'm curious about these things, Yuji! Since I deal with Tamagotchis every day, I like to know why weird things take place!

"Humans who don't take what is given annoy me..."

Hey! Isn't that going against your very goal in life? Don't you want a world full of knowledge? Deliberately not telling people in why things are happening in a certain way just hinders that goal!

"True, but I also want a world without our species exposed to humans! Human beings as a cohort are so narrow-minded... they never accept our ways! I'm frankly surprised that Tamagotchis can even be taken care of by humans! Their general attitude disgusts me!"

Well, I don't judge, at least.

"Yes you do! You always joke about us, and that's judging us to the extreme! Haven't you forgotten that you just made the joke about our mail system? The only thing that humans can understand is the way of humans, and that's it. And they can even have trouble understanding each other, which is why society on Earth always has fighting and conflict! My duty here is to prevent humans, with their limitations, from affecting us, the Tamagotchi species. You should be thankful that I'm even letting you do a Tamagotchi log!"

All right, all right, whatever. Just chill, Yuji!

"You're so dismissive..." *Disappears*

Well, that was a weird conversation. Anyway, I'd better move on, because I still have some stuff to talk about! There was another major thing that happened in the morning, and this was Will and Zelda's wedding!

DSCN1074_zpszhiywl0j.jpg

The two had baby boys! The two parents should stay with their babies until probably Monday night, and then I'll get to raise them!

Talking about babies, I finally got on to naming Nigel's baby at about 2:30 PM (After spending a day and a half crying)! I named her Lisa, and she subsequently began her baby stage!

DSCN1085_zpsimzgjq68.jpg

She spent the hour doing usual baby stuff, like eating, making messes, sleeping, crying and jumping over ropes. Unsurprisingly, she evolved into a Harutchi for her child stage, and entered pre-school about an hour later:

DSCN1093_zps5xaag8yh.jpg

It's pretty guaranteed that she'll become a Mame, so I'll just have to let her be this way even though I have gotten all of the Mame characters. The only way I can get her to become a Kuchi character (The only family I haven't gotten a lot of) is to have her become a Universal teen, and even then, if you give a Universal teen high skill points the family you get in seems to be decided randomly (As recently demonstrated on rjalda100's log). So since I have a 67% chance of getting a Mame or Meme anyway, I won't bother it with Lisa. If she goes down the Mame path, I guess I'll have her become a Mimitchi simply because I've had that character the least-recently.

Bruno and Karen, meanwhile, have been going quite well. Today is their last day of teenagehood, and they got their training up some more. Karen got to the maximum of 9 bars, whereas I luckily got Bruno to 7:

DSCN1095_zpsq7mm5sol.jpg

I was happy about Bruno especially, because I wanted get him to at least 6 bars so I can have a chance for Kinakomotchi or Kuribotchi next generation. I didn't think I could make it, but I found him with the Attention icon on enough times! It's not full, but better than the 3 bars he had previously, that's for sure!

I was clearing single-use items out of Karen's collection. Here she is with a pot plant:

DSCN1089_zps8yktfenp.jpg

No points, unfortunately! Ah well, not that she needs it. I have trouble finding ways for her to spend her sum of money anyway!

The two have actually turned 4 years old this evening, though they still haven't evolved into adults. I guess the pausing mucked them up a bit! I predict that they'll evolve tomorrow afternoon after I unpause them. It will be an exciting day! I always really look forward to adult evolutions on the Versions 2 and 3, simply because you can never quite predict what the result will be!

For one last thing, here's Will doing some animations:

DSCN1065_zpsspozq7hp.jpg

Funny how Memetchi's animations here are all different in the Version 1 as opposed to later versions (At least the Version 4 anyway). For the close-ups, I actually find the Version 1's sprites to be my preference. The winking suits Memetchi's character really well. On the other hand, I'm glad that they changed the teeth-brushing sprites! With these ones, Memetchi seems to stare straight at you with little movement, which creeps me out a little bit. It reminds me of Espurr from the Pokemon series actually! The Version 4's animation has more movement in it, so I don't get the same feeling from those.

Anyway, enough of being creepily stared at by a Memetchi! It's time for stats!

Evolution: Babytchi > Kinakomotchi > Young Mimitchi > Memetchi

Training: 7/9 bars
Gotchi Points: 4,058

Skill Points: 60 Intelligence / 23 Fashion / 101 Social

Skill Points: 64 Intelligence / 30 Fashion / 150 Social
Weight: 39 lb
Gotchi Points: 39,070

Stats for Lisa (Version 4, Flowery Blue shell)
Skill Points: 19 Intelligence / 23 Fashion / 11 Social
Weight: 16 lb
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Harutchi

Skill Points: 93 Intelligence / 134 Fashion / 17 Social
Gotchi Points: 47,940
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Harutchi > Ringotchi > Maidtchi

Skill Points: 60 Humour / 352 Glamour / 59 Spiritual
Gotchi Points: 84,020
Stage: Adult (Special)
Evolution: Tsubutchi > Kuchitamatchi > Ura Young Memetchi > Ura Memetchi > Hanagatatchi

So anyway, that's all from me for the weekend! I actually have some further changes to the schedule this week (Yeah, just after I got back to it). This is because Tuesday is a public holiday, more specifically Anzac Day. For those who don't know, Anzac Day is a public holiday held every 25th of April in Australia and New Zealand, commemorating Australian and New Zealand soliders who fought in wars and the like. Because of Anzac Day, I won't be going to work on Tuesday, so I can run my Tamas! Since an episode on Wednesday would cover three days this coming week, I thought that I should probably do a Tuesday episode instead. After that, I suppose it'll be followed by a Thursday one. I'm starting to think that I have no timetable at all!

But nonetheless, yes, next episode should be on Tuesday. So until then, good luck with your own Tama adventures!

Latest posts

Back