Look at my baby geese!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aubrey Hepburn

Reaction score
I am raising these Chinese White goslings to live in my backyard as pets, to live among my chickens that I posted about earlier and some ducks. These babies are only a little over a week old and they are MUCH bigger than normal for their age! They are incredibly sweet they follow me around honking and peeping when they're playing on the floor. They are being raised inside my house, in a spare bathroom with an antique bathtub that we do not use. In fact, they live IN the bathtub...of course it doesn't have water in it either, their bedding is bathtowels changed 2x a day.

Anyway, you have to see these guys sitting on my lap, they are irresistably cute. :gozarutchi:

First Pic

Second Picture

Thanks! :gozarutchi:

They are only just over a week old right now and they appear to be nearly twice the size of the average gosling their age. Supposedly their breed doesn't get too huge, somewhere around 14 pounds at maturity, but they look pretty big when they're grown up because they are very tall! I think they can stand up around 4 feet tall. I just love them. *-*

Here is what they will look like when they grow up. They are considered "Swan Geese" because of the way they look and their gracefulness. The one is this picture is kind of small, but it gives you a good idea of the end result!

Adult goose-not mine

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! :gozarutchi:
They are only just over a week old right now and they appear to be nearly twice the size of the average gosling their age. Supposedly their breed doesn't get too huge, somewhere around 14 pounds at maturity, but they look pretty big when they're grown up because they are very tall! I think they can stand up around 4 feet tall. I just love them. *-*
They get to nearly my height, lol.

What weight are they at now? They look huge for just a week-ish old.

xD I'm not much taller than that. hehe I haven't weighed them yet, but I'd guess that they feel like they are a couple of pounds already. They're heavy for baby birds! I'm posting them on a waterfowl/chicken forum to get some expert opinions(I've never raised geese before), but from what I've seen they are abnormally large.

xD I'm not much taller than that. hehe I haven't weighed them yet, but I'd guess that they feel like they are a couple of pounds already. They're heavy for baby birds! I'm posting them on a waterfowl/chicken forum to get some expert opinions(I've never raised geese before), but from what I've seen they are abnormally large.
I wonder how big those two will get then for being larger than normal, lol. I'd love to see pictures once they're grown.

Have you introduced them to their house mates and if so do they get along ok? :3

I think I'll post pictures of them all the way through their growth stages to see if their growth rate is normal or if they do indeed turn out giant!

They play with their duckling friends pretty regularly, they really seem to enjoy each others' company. The little ducklings like to snuggle up underneath the big guys, and the big guys are very gentle with the ducklings. They are clumsy, though, and they look like they get upset if they accidentally knock a little guy over. Too cute. :gozarutchi:

I think I'll post pictures of them all the way through their growth stages to see if their growth rate is normal or if they do indeed turn out giant!
They play with their duckling friends pretty regularly, they really seem to enjoy each others' company. The little ducklings like to snuggle up underneath the big guys, and the big guys are very gentle with the ducklings. They are clumsy, though, and they look like they get upset if they accidentally knock a little guy over. Too cute. :gozarutchi:
That's way cute ^^

I remember seeing ducklings around my grandparent's lake when I was little and just wanting to run up and hug one X3 You're lucky that you actually get to do it! Hope everything with them goes well ^.^

=D they're cute :gozarutchi:

And they're babies?? They doo look rather large.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww... Adorable little goslings!!

They do look quite big for their age... =]

They're cute and I don't really think that they are that "abnormally big" as such, I think they would be great for getting big eggs from when they are older! ;)

Thanks!! I just can't get over how cute they are every time I look at them. ^_^ lol

Actually, the smaller one is named "Tan tan", which is a term we used in my Mandarin Chinese class to mean "chit-chat". This gosling is ALWAYS chattering at me when I visit them/clean them/feed them...anything. It is so cute, and I think a very befitting name. ;)

The big one is going to be named very soon, he will be named for his sweet personality. Also a Chinese name, because of their heritage.

Thanks!! I just can't get over how cute they are every time I look at them. ^_^ lol
Actually, the smaller one is named "Tan tan", which is a term we used in my Mandarin Chinese class to mean "chit-chat". This gosling is ALWAYS chattering at me when I visit them/clean them/feed them...anything. It is so cute, and I think a very befitting name. ;)

The big one is going to be named very soon, he will be named for his sweet personality. Also a Chinese name, because of their heritage.
Ooh! What a cute name!

Wow! Thats really cool! But they do look very expensive.

How are they supposed to be taken care of? I would love to have that as a pet :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back