Looks like Bandai America is done but what would you hope for in the next tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciara683

Reaction score
I don't have any official proof so please don't get rude.

Now by the signs There is a very high chance that Bandai America/Canada/UK are done with tamagotchi!

But don't fret! Christmas is still coming so we never know they COULD pull something out to surprise us.

Now with that being said What would you hope the next Tama to be? What kind of features are you hoping for?

I know we still have Tamagotchi japan but lets face it not everyone can afford the 70$ price tag on the color ones let alone have the patience of a different language. I would love your input on what your ideas or thoughts are on Tamagotchi disappearing. What do you wanna see?

This topic is not the same as the other one. This topic is to hear your thoughts and opinions on the situation and what you would like to see in future production.

I personally would love them to bring back the originals like the p1/p1 and Tamagotchi Connection V1

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is, only us tama fans would buy the re-releases. It would be incredibly boring for anyone else. But I see your point. I remember that V3s used to be so popular a couple years back. I wish they would re-release those ones.

I actually highly doubt that. If tamagotchi were to re release the P1 or P2 I know MANY adults and people who generally forgot about the brand would nostalgia from their childhood and buy one.

The thing is, only us tama fans would buy the re-releases. It would be incredibly boring for anyone else. But I see your point. I remember that V3s used to be so popular a couple years back. I wish they would re-release those ones.

People have sent emails to Bandai asking if they would make more Tamas and the answer was always "no". Hmm...I'm not sure about re-releasing P1 and P2... yes, they are nostalgic but so are black-and-white televisions, and I doubt a company would see success in releasing black-and-white televisions again. So Bandai would not like the idea of releasing the first Tamagotchis again. However, they also said they will not release color screens because the price would be high and nobody would be them... I guess they cannot decide what Tamagotchi to make next. <_<

Something from my Grandmother the other day:

I'm surprised to see that the Tamagotchi are not in stores,if there is a huge website created from them.That's what you do on that website,</html>,talk about Tamagotchi.I'm telling you,if they put Tamagotchi back in stores,everyone would love them!

Let's look at this from a business stand point. Bandai wants to profit from toys they produce. They market the Tamagotchi in Japan, because it has done super well over there since its initial release. Bandai America has sold Tamagotchis in a spread out timeline. During these times virtual pets were popular and competitors were selling their own versions. When the Tama-Go was being sold, virtual pets weren't seen as much, so kids didn't know what they were. With the somewhat failure of the Tama-Go release, I believe Bandai America is discouraged to release another Tamagotchi. Maybe they're waiting for virtual pets to make a come back with the majority of the population before they produce a new Tama? This seems to be the case since it has almost been 2 years since the Tama-Go made its first appearance.

With that being said, Bandai America making a color Tamagotchi in English too prematurely can cause them to loose money. Hopefully the retail price will be between $29.99 and $39.99. If Bandai prices the color Tama too high then people will be reluctant to buy it. They might eventually create one, but we'll just have to be patient and see what happens. :mimitchi: :newmametchi:

I think a lot of it comes from parents. For some reason, virtual pets are seen as negative because they CAN disrupt school-work or chores at home. A lot of parents let their kids watch TV or play computer games in their spare time. But Tamas are definitely far healthier than all of this - a lot of TV programmes or computer games are either pointless or inappropriate, and lots of kids nowadays like shopping, which is addictive and expensive.

The view of parents about Tamas is very different to ours. I know this because I've done a lot of research about how adults see our love of Tamas, and first-hand experience. Adults think Tamas are constantly beeping and always needing attention, and they don't care about their kids' happiness if their Tama died, only about the fact that the child cries and makes noise. :(

People also have an odd view of Tama forum sites. According to a very long analysis of Tamas I read, it talked of us like an exhibition - they don't really see us as communities. The person who wrote that analysis had obviously explored Tama forum sites and said "perhaps the most interesting are the graveyards". That just makes me angry because our Tama graveyards are not museum exhibitions any more than real graveyards are. :angry:

So, the summary is: Adults think things like Barbie or Star Wars are better for kids than Tamas. I disagree. A lot of girls who are into dolls and dressing up as 5-year-olds are often obsessed with fashion as teenagers and adults, and spend a large portion of money on rip-off cosmetics. Boys who like violent movies or computer games are more violent in real life. But that's the way parents see things, and that won't change unless they produce an educational Tamagotchi.

The topic of whether or not Bandai has halted Tamagotchi production or not is an interesting one, and I'd like to say that they haven't, but we just don't know. The fact is, they've never said that they're discontinuing it, although they have hinted at it by saying things like 'all Tamagotchi products are on hold', although according to Bandai UK, the Tamagotchi Product team are always thinking of new ideas, but a new version won't cone before Summer next year. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I don't have any official proof so please don't get rude.

Now by the signs There is a very high chance that Bandai America/Canada/UK are done with tamagotchi!

But don't fret! Christmas is still coming so we never know they COULD pull something out to surprise us.

Now with that being said What would you hope the next Tama to be? What kind of features are you hoping for?

I know we still have Tamagotchi japan but lets face it not everyone can afford the 70$ price tag on the color ones let alone have the patience of a different language. I would love your input on what your ideas or thoughts are on Tamagotchi disappearing. What do you wanna see?

This topic is not the same as the other one. This topic is to hear your thoughts and opinions on the situation and what you would like to see in future production.

I personally would love them to bring back the originals like the p1/p1 and Tamagotchi Connection V1
There are already some similar topics on the Comments and Rumours forum for members to post their thoughts and ideas about Tamagotchi disappearing (or new versions to come):

Is Bandai America going to stop making tamagotchis? https://www.tamatalk....ing-tamagotchi/

Bandai UK told me they are making new tamagotchi https://www.tamatalk....w-tamagotchi-d/

In which case perhaps members could post their thoughts and opinions in the existing, active threads?

However, it's a good idea to ask members what features they might hope for in the next tamagotchis - so I will move this thread to What's On Your Mind? (Edited the topic title a little to focus on future tamagotchis)

I dont think it matters weather or not they make new ones. As long as we still have the ones we know and love :furawatchi: :babytchi: :newmametchi: :tarakotchi: :mametchi: :mimitchi: :chohimetchi: :gozarutchi: <3

Do you agree?

I dont think it matters weather or not they make new ones. As long as we still have the ones we know and love :furawatchi: :babytchi: :newmametchi: :tarakotchi: :mametchi: :mimitchi: :chohimetchi: :gozarutchi: <3

Do you agree?
Well, it would be nice to have Tamas in stores and not have to order them really expensively from Japan. Also, the ones we have right now are going to break someday...

2d8616f4.gif

I really want them to sell v.2's and v.3's.

Hey!

I sent an email to bandai UK and got a reply:

bandai1.jpg

bandai.jpg

So i guess they are looking to make some!! w000000000000t! When they sent the reply, below my original email it had the words "Send marketing information? No." I think that was a mistake and it was forwarded to someone else before i was replied to... they are probably marketing it in a different way this time round i just hope its not strictly towards girls!

The reason I haven't been able to get back into Tamagotchis is because you can't find them in stores, especially in small areas like where I live. The only accessibility you have of them is online which is a real pain in the butt considering shipping prices, questionable conditions, and you can't even be sure if it's going to be English. When I saw someone's log of the Tamagotchi plus color I was like, "WHERE CAN I FIND ONE?" To learn that they're only in Japan makes me very sad. I really hope they plan on releasing either it or something similar in America/UK/Canada sometime in the next year or two.

dang if bandai continues to be like this , tamagotchi will be infamous or maybe even be gone in the future :(

I think the idea of re-releasing old versions is not a good idea. The best thing for BanDai to do is:

• Gain a new market who will grow up to become the teenagers and adults currently on TamaTalk. You can't get most 4-10 year olds into Tamas for more than six months at once, so they should target at 12-15 year olds who can get a solid interest in Tamas and begin collecting. Don't start thinking I'm discriminating by age, I'm 10 myself!
  • Also sell to the teenagers and adults on TamaTalk. You obviously want vintages back, but we need to push away nostalgia and think: Will vintages really be successful? No. Most adults nowadays are not particularly nostalgic and either love all the new iPod stuff (like my friends' parents) or don't like technology at all (like my parents). The small fraction of the nostalgic ones come on here, but in order for something to be successful (from BanDai's point of view) it needs to become fashionable among the circles who now buy products from Apple.
  • Fans need to stop demanding different stuff. All BanDai wants to do is develop a product they can sell to normal, if possible wealthy, people. We on TamaTalk are not normal people - in fact, abnormal people are particularly drawn to such an abnormal interest as Tamas. BanDai aren't interested in us because there aren't many of us. They're interested in selling to the trendy fashionable kids in designer clothes. So they need to produce something cool, "grown-up", with colours like black and silver, with customisable covers and special screen protectors. Those are features of the iPods and iPhones that have become so popular now.

So true....girls do like Barbies, but at the same time they're a little too "adult" for small children if they take it too seriously ("I want to dress just like Barbie")....especially Pregnant Barbie...my sister had one...that was just messed up O.O

And all the boys at my school (from ages 4-14) don't even like normal kid activities...playing outside, climbing trees, playing with the dog....all they can talk about is violence. And they're becoming desensitized from it to the point where they can casually talk about murder without being disturbed :(

Tamagotchis are really just violence-free and teach how to take care of pets....Bandai sucks at marketing (sometimes) because either something is too far-fetched and nobody was expecting/wanting it, or it's just way too expensive. The only reason their company may be failing is because they're not listening to the CONSUMERS.

I just wish there would be more "ideal" Tamagotchis.

I don't like Music Stars because...I just like the little antennae...xD Also the patterns are too "different" from other tamas.

The Tama-Go is just waaaaaay too big and bulky. That's the only reason I'm not buying one. Another reason is that you can't name your pet. That stinks because naming makes it personal.

I won't buy the Color because it's just way too expensive, and I don't read Japanese. I just don't care for things I can't translate without help.

EDIT:

Another thing....

Bandai and Tamagotchis are so popular in Japan and new versions keep getting released there is because Japan has no discrimination or whatever. In Japan, if a 60 year old woman wants to wear a sparkly Hello Kitty shirt, nobody bothers her about it. Nobody thinks it's weird. If you wanna dress up as a Tamagotchi, people will just say "Hey, cute, can I take a picture?"

Japan is so free :( In America I'd be ridiculed if one of my friends caught me in Toys R Us buying a Tamagotchi. In Japan thousands of teenagers and adults rush to toy stores for the release of new Tamagotchis.

Latest posts

Back