Loss of interest in Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.P O K E R F A C E

Reaction score
I remember when I was about six, the new V1s were released. It took me a while to get my hands on one because wherever I went, they were sold out. It was always the same whenever a new version was released, and I actually missed out on buying a V4.5. I always try to buy at least one of each version, so missing out on V4.5 made me really upset.

But now since Tamagotchis are rarely advertised where I live, hardly any shops sell them. I remember when I bought my Music Star, they were actually trying to clear out all their old stock so they were reduced to only $10.

Since popularity is relatively down, do you think it's better or worse for dedicated Tamagotchi fans?

i think it's very sad that the popularity is down. Tamagotchis are so fun and i don't see why children and older fans don't appreciate them as much anymore. :(

i guess to some people they can't compete to those new fangled ps3s and what not.

The biggest problem is with lack of popularity that means there will be a lack of tamagotchi releases in the usa.

I say it is BAD

Sales people probably want to make room for "Zhuzhu pets", "Littlest Pet Shop, Blythes", and other fancy gadgets like the 3DS.

They probably think the technology used to make the Tamagotchi is out dated and that they think that if they walked around holding a PSP, they would be lot cooler, rather than a "lame" Tamagotchi.

It's good to see that people understand - I just wish more people could. With game consoles and the like, you have to buy more games, and buy endless acessories etc. But with a Tamagotchi, the only necessary thing is buying new batteries. I guess what I'm trying to argue is that Tamagotchis are more classic, in a way.

If Tamagotchis were more popular there just might be a tiny sliver of hope that the Japanese favorites can be translated and sent to America.

If Tamagotchis were more popular there just might be a tiny sliver of hope that the Japanese favorites can be translated and sent to America.
Ditto.

I wish they were more popular... Atleast we people have eachother to hang with... Even if it isn't in person.

I guess it could be good and bad for tama fans. Good that prices are down, but bad that nowhere is selling them now. *sigh* I wish some of my classmates had tamagotchis....

Bad. Some of my friends look at me wierd now, like "wow... Tamagooootchis... nice..." when I bet like more than half of them played with them. Super irritating....

violetchilluvr3

Bad. Some of my friends look at me wierd now, like "wow... Tamagooootchis... nice..." when I bet like more than half of them played with them. Super irritating....

violetchilluvr3
same.All of my friends used to LOVE tamagotchi but after the v5s came out,they forgot about them.Now whenever they see me with one they're all "Seriously?I hate tamagotchi!" or "Whats that egg thing?" i'm so glad I have tamatalk

I think its bad.I hope Bandai America doesn't decide to give up on their tamagotchi line.I noticed in their article for their new 2011 toys that tamagotchis weren't mentioned. :mellow:

same.All of my friends used to LOVE tamagotchi but after the v5s came out,they forgot about them.Now whenever they see me with one they're all "Seriously?I hate tamagotchi!" or "Whats that egg thing?" i'm so glad I have tamatalk

I think its bad.I hope Bandai America doesn't decide to give up on their tamagotchi line.I noticed in their article for their new 2011 toys that tamagotchis weren't mentioned. :mellow:
Awwww, that's just sad of Bandai. Do they ever come to these Tamagotchi fan sites and see how much we miss them???

And the popularity of Tamas on Tamatalk probably went down because there is no new versions for us to investigate about.

Awwww, that's just sad of Bandai. Do they ever come to these Tamagotchi fan sites and see how much we miss them???

And the popularity of Tamas on Tamatalk probably went down because there is no new versions for us to investigate about.
exactly!I wish we could do something about it.I also noticed on the new tamagotchi website they haven't updated their copyright (it still says ©2010) or their blog :( But there are still tamagotchi links on the bandai america page!I think Bandai Japan is doing a better job of keeping the fans entertained than bandai America is.If bandai America gives up on tamas...

Of course theres new versions: Tama-Go and iD L. I feel like the only person on TamaTalk who actually has paid any interest to the release of the iD L, besides binary, who is always interested in new versions.

If BanDai America is preparing for a close to Tama sales, then I consider that as good. Now it will be fair on us in NZ and everyone will have to work hard to get Tamas delivered from Japan!

But I guess it is bad in a way, since mine and my older brother's iD Ls are constantly sending paper airplanes to each other and I wish I knew what they were saying to each other. :(

^...

That would SUCK, Dazzlitchigirl. Then us Kiwis wouldn't get as much. Shipping to New Zealand is incredibly expensive... and I'm not allowed to order off eBay...

Anyway...

I think its really bad that Tamgotchis are unpopular now. Imagine how much more fun it would be to raise them if all your friends were raising them too, and you could compare characters, play games, marry your Tama to another person's Tama and show them off when they change. When you're just playing by yourself all the time it gets lonely :p

Of course theres new versions: Tama-Go and iD L. I feel like the only person on TamaTalk who actually has paid any interest to the release of the iD L, besides binary, who is always interested in new versions.

If BanDai America is preparing for a close to Tama sales, then I consider that as good. Now it will be fair on us in NZ and everyone will have to work hard to get Tamas delivered from Japan!But I guess it is bad in a way, since mine and my older brother's iD Ls are constantly sending paper airplanes to each other and I wish I knew what they were saying to each other. :(
Ummmmm.... no...

There are lots of members who are playing with the ID L, and tons more who have ordered them but can't get at them. You're not the only one who has one. And did you see all the topics that came out about the Tamago and other versions when they came out? People are super interested in new versions, if only Bandai would give us something new to be interested about.

And that would be really bad, because not everyone can order off of ebay or from japan. I looked at an IDL from amazon and it came out to about $100, which I can't really get. I think Bandai America should give us more Tamas, and let Bandai Japan be a back up for people who can order from them.

Violetchilluvr3

I know a reason why the popularity went down: SCHOOLS! I've been to one school so far (except the one I'm in now), and when I joined it, Tamas were everywhere. I had a whole bunch of friends and we used to connect our Tamas and compare characters. Most of us had V3's or V4's. Then on that assembly when the principal announced that Tamas were banned at school, my heart sank. I got more and more unpopular (as well as Tamas) and my friendships were all forgotten. Soon, there was no-one but mean Year Fours throwing conkers at me. -_-

It remains like that to this day, now I am a Year Seven and have moved into Intermediate School. It's all the same here; bullies and no electronics whatsoever. We used to sneak them in, but now Tamas at school are a thing of the past. We have no-one but our teachers to blame. :(

I think that its a really bad thing! It means that there won't be more releases! Who knows, the tamago might be the last tamagothi we could ever have. I wish that people would start to love them again! Most people have forgotten about them or think that they are 'lame' and 'for little children' I am 23 and still love them to bits. They make me feel like I have a point of getting up in the mornings!

Regards

This happens to me a lot. I am an on and off tamagotchi fan. I get bored of them and put them away for months, then something lures me back in. xD

And it's the same for me at school. I'm in Year 7 now, and they were the bomb back in Years 3 and 4. Then the popularity started to wane in Year 5 and by the end of that year, it was as if Tamagotchi's never even existed. :|

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a reason why the popularity went down: SCHOOLS! I've been to one school so far (except the one I'm in now), and when I joined it, Tamas were everywhere. I had a whole bunch of friends and we used to connect our Tamas and compare characters. Most of us had V3's or V4's. Then on that assembly when the principal announced that Tamas were banned at school, my heart sank. I got more and more unpopular (as well as Tamas) and my friendships were all forgotten. Soon, there was no-one but mean Year Fours throwing conkers at me. -_-

It remains like that to this day, now I am a Year Seven and have moved into Intermediate School. It's all the same here; bullies and no electronics whatsoever. We used to sneak them in, but now Tamas at school are a thing of the past. We have no-one but our teachers to blame. :(
I agree. Some of my friends sneak them in (and don't get caught!) and have started a trend for tamas yet again (the last one was in Year One-we were tech whizz kids), but my parents won't allow me to let my tama anywhere near the building. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's always bad when any electronic pet drops in popularity. I like to see a variety out there so I hate it when certain electronic pets are discontinued. It may be worse for Tamagotchi. As the first electronic pet ever it deserves more respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back