Lost in a World of No Hope: Chapter 1

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbiekidlex

Reaction score
Many years before the Tamagotchi Race was enslaved by humans to work in plastic shells for all eternity, Tamagotchis roamed a planet, called simply "Tamagotchi Planet". During this time, the enormous land mass was broken down into nine regions: Mimitchi Region, Mametchi Region, Memetchi Region, Kuchipatchi Region, Tarakotchi Region, Maskutchi Region, Gozarutchi Region, Under Adult Region, and Over Adult Region. Everyone lived in peace and harmony: until the Mametchi Region and Memetchi Region had a war. The time that you will be reading about is in the middle of the war, when three young Tamagotchis decided to take a stand.

Princess June

Lived In: Memetchi Region

Type: Memetchi

Personality: June was a princess of the region Memetchi Region. She was removed from the throne at the age of 10 when she befriended Nathan, who was a prince in a rival region. June is no longer a prim and proper Memetchi, however. She became a tomboy soon after meeting Nathan, and accompanies him in his travels. June shows hints that she likes Nathan as more than a friend, but not often.

Prince Nathan

Lived In: Mametchi Region

Type: Mametchi

Personality: Nathan was a prince of the region Mametchi Region. He was removed from the throne at the age of 11 shortly after meeting June, who was a princess in a rival region. Nathan used to be a very tough Mametchi, but meeting June has softened him, and he now sees things in a different light. Nathan is the leader of most of their journeys, and June is mainly the sidekick. Nathan is VERY protective of June, and doesn't always think she can make it through a quest without his help.

Peasant Cherry

Lived In: Under Adult Region

Type: Ichigotchi

Personality: Cherry is the messenger between tamagotchis all around the world. Whenever the people want to contact them, Cherry brings the news. Cherry usually tags along behind June and Nathan when he isn't sending out messages.

"Wait up, June!"

Nathan darted across the sandy beach, stumbling a few times. He finally fell to the ground, sand entering his small mouth. Spitting it out and scraping off his tongue, Nathan sat up. He had bruised his left knee, but no other harm was done, and yet, June continued to trot along the edge of the calm ocean.

June turned around, and saw Nathan sitting half-buried in the sand. "Oh, Nathan! I'm sorry!" She raced back to him and slid in the sand. She touched his knee softly and put out her hand. "Nathan, don't try to compete with me, okay?"

Nathan scoffed. "Compete? I was just trying to catch up with you!" He picked himself up, and June drew back her hand in disgust.

"I was skipping, Nathan! You were just dragging your feet and you know it." June paused, and brushed grains of sand off of Nathan's tattered shirt. At that moment, Cherry caught up to the two, panting. His face was a tomato color from running so hard, sweat dripping down his sandy face.

"June, Nathan, I've received a message from the Amulet Keeper. He sent me a note, saying he is expecting you two, and for you guys to write him a quick letter back, please." Cherry plopped down to cool off.

June and Nathan exchanged the same glance, a look that clearly said "No more quarreling: it's business time." For almost a month now, June and Nathan had traveled from the Mimitchi Temple, their last destination that was in the Mimitchi Region, to the Amulet Keeper's home, in the Kuchipatchi Region. They were told that the Amulet Keeper owned a very rare jewel that they could take to Memetchi Region, to make peace between the world and stop the war. Now the Amulet Keeper wanted June and Nathan to send him a letter: but could they trust him before they even met?

Nathan decided to speak after a long silence. "Cherry, are you sure that the Amulet Keeper--"

"No worries, Nathan," Cherry interrupted. "I'm positive it's him."

"Well, if you say so." June bit her lip, and held out her hands. Cherry instantly opened his knapsack and pulled out two pieces of parchment and two red pens. Nathan took a paper and a pen, and June mimicked him. Cherry motioned for the duo to follow him, and exclaimed proudly, "I found some big, flat rocks for you to write on! I hope they will do."

"Thanks, Cherry," Nathan said, drudging over to the rocks. June skipped over; she was obviously in a good mood. And with no further ado, Nathan and June began scribbling out letters.

(LOOK FOR CHAPTER 2 SOON!)

Latest posts

Back