Love Poll (y/n)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a crush?

• yes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • heck yes

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • no

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • I don't believe in love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone I know is an idiot

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • prefer not to respond

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some things you just have to accept, and one is that love isn't controlled by people. Yes, you can repress crushes if you know it's the wrong person, but trying to control true love won't have good results for most people.

It's not my opinion. It's true that most people don't control who they are in love with. Crushes can often be controlled, but not true love.

* off topic / personal remarks removed *

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I can understand that if both don't know too much about each-other, and start a relationship, but only later on realize that there is a "mayor difference" and that the "in love-ness" may fade, since he/she isn't the one you though he/she was.

So, yes, you can perhaps not fall in love with everybody, and there may be a select group of people(or maybe only one person) who is good for you, but this doesn't mean you cannot control yourself to not fall in love with someone.

For example when I meet a girl, I could fall in love with her. But I can tell myself that it is foolish of me to fall in love with someone I barely know.

Another example may be that I am already married, and I learn to know someone else. Any feeling of "in love-ness" I get towards that person I must and can stop.

The instincts are to fall in love with the right person and have a baby. If you get the wrong person, you have to break up.

Breaking up is not an instinct, it's a conscious action. Stopping loving someone is instinct. You stop loving someone, THEN you break up because you have to.

No, I said what do you think the girl should do. The boy won't change and the girl simply doesn't and can't love him anymore. What should she do?

*removed*

I was talking about romantic love, not love for family or pets. I love my family but that's not romantic love.

The wrong person is someone who you're not happy with, who makes you feel bad. Being in an unhealthy relationship is a good reason, not an excuse, to break up. Even if the other person thinks they're a good friend, they may not be.

*removed*

I believe there is a difference between friendly love and romantic love, a difference that is hard to explain, a difference that is not controllable. It's chemistry.

But all the same, people need to care about one another on both levels, as both friends and lovers, if they want a successful romantic relationship.

Personally I think this thread belongs in SNTT if the conversation is going to go down this road. Not that it should, but yeah.

I've never EVER in my 15 years of life been in a relationship with someone. Yes I'm still young but if I'm 25+ and still haven't fallen for someone well that's pretty sad!!

reason I never voted for "I don't believe in love"
love could be anything

"used to propogate the species," "the polar opposite of hate," ... ...

for a change, I'm not gonna go on about that today

but, really

we're talking about the romantic stuff, right? that's what my topic was intended to be about, I think

I saw it with my own mind

the way to love someone

glad I never saw it as a kid like most (though most'd most likely be appalled at that); I can remember...

Still

I know

that if I do

decide to fall into love, that is

I'll be screwed xD irrevocable decisionz FTW

lol, the verb to fall is pretty accurate IMO... say you're thinking about falling onto your bed. you have to believe the bed is there, right? otherwise, you wouldn't jump.

...that was a lame example. my point: you have to be open enough to see it. then, you have to let it happen.

and sometimes, people who don't know about it lie and hope they figure it out. it's not something you can plan or guess at, or shoot arrows at your psyche and hope you hit the love button, because it's kind of a fact. sorta. it requires... a passive-ish mindset? (someone who doesn't relish the idea of such feelings can, too; it's just that it takes them longer to realize, like when I saw)

it doesn't require you to believe or disbelieve--all you need is to to just let things roll. regardless of how strongly you uphold your beliefs, it catches up to you in ways you might not have expected. in short, for your convenience, don't think too much about it. neither wishing for/against it nor studying it will change things any more than hoping for, say, money to fall from the sky.

and when it happens... can't help you there, lol

haven't quite gotten that far

maybe next year.

whattheheckdidIjustwrite

can I stop being an idiot now? I really feel like one. ahhhh... the disorganized ramblings of a well-read teen

edit: talked to some people who read it, and was asked if this meant you have to believe in love

answer: no

...t necessarily

Oh my gosh why the hell are all these messages edited I can't keep up with this conversation anymore

Have I ever been in love?

I honestly don't know.

My dad has always told me that all boys think about is food and sex. He says that I'll think I'm in love with a guy, but then he'll just be fake and then we'll break up and I'll be a drama queen and think that my life is over.

I love the fact that he's so specific on how my future is going to go.

He went through several girlfriends, got married, got divorced, married my mom, cheated on her when I was two, got back with my mom, and argues with her everyday.

This is the only image of "love" I've seen.

I seriously doubt that's love.

But if the married couple I've seen everyday of my life isn't love, then what is?

I don't want to be a "drama queen" like my dad says I will be when I fall in "love". If I fall in "love". Because I have no clue what it looks like or feels like. So I am afraid to fall in "love". Because I'm afraid that I'll live up to what my dad says my life will be.

heh, yeah

I don't have such a good example to go by, either

one of my parents admitted that he/she didn't think too highly of love

the other admitted that love was beyond them

doesn't exactly help when I consider the fact that most of my friends have parents who're separated, lol

Love is weird and unpredictable... It's hard to explain my opinions, but I'll try.

Okay, you could be friends with someone for a long time.

Then you have a special moment with them that makes you think about... love :eek:

But you aren't quite in love yet; you want to DECIDE if you are ready to love them or not.

What am I even saying, you ask? That's just how it was for me. ;)

So basically, you CAN control love in most cases, but mainly only while it's happening; after you have fallen in love, it gets harder. If that makes sense.

But if you have been careful, hopefully you have fallen in love with someone kind and understanding and who will always be sweet to you. :3 Not being careful, and falling in love without actually thinking about it, may result in losing love interest later and breaking up, which I think is a tragic thing. All relationships need to be taken seriously to ensure things like this don't happen.

Why do people love? That is very complicated, as well.

We all have different reasons.

People can love without wanting to have a baby; there's more to it than that. I think love exists between two people who trust and support each other so much, and make each other happy, and want to enjoy the rest of their lives with each other. People can get married without having babies or even having... well, you know. As long is there is a special bond between them, they can get married and be happy forever. >w<

I never thought I would fall in love; I always hated romantic stuff and thought it was a waste of time and life. But it happened. o _ o And I'm happy it did, because my BF has helped me so much and nobody could replace him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back