Love.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:FeeBumbleBee:.

Reaction score
That place with the stuff, and the other stuff.
Such a cliche question. But I'm curious. It really comes down to what you define as love.

My answer is really long and complicated, I might type it out later, but in conclusion:

No. I don't. Or, I don't believe I'll ever find it.

Everyone contradicts me on this, so I want to hear people out.

Well, I dunno, if love doesn't exist, why do people marry?

And if love does exist, does it fly through the air and go through peoples eye balls?!?!?

Well i guess love is something imaginary.

Love is nothing but a chemical reaction.

I've had things thrown at me for that one.

It's just a second hand emotion.

I don't think it exsists, I think it's just more madly liking someone.

That's the worst question I've ever been asked. And I hate you for reminding me about the time where Joseph almost killed me. [Not really hate you, but it's so... nevermind]. I don't exactly believe in it at all. Especially internet love. That really hurts.

I reckon it exists. But only in rare cases is it 'true love'.

I don't know why either, I just reckon it exists.

I believe that love exists, and not just because I am in love with someone, my best friend and my boyfriend... it's because of reasons that I can't really pout out here, bu basically all I can say... is there was a person in my past that showed me exactly what love wasn't, and how no one should ever have to feel.

That may sound cliche, and to some of you if may sound downright stupid, but i'm not going to elaborate. Love exists to me, and it's both the most simplistic thing here in the world, and the most complicated thing ever that makes you want to run for you algebra homework with open arms and cling to it like your favorite teddy bear when you were a kid.

Honestly, it's hard to answer the question, and really you have to live through some stuff before passing judgment. It may hit you one day, it may not, but that's no reason to give up before nothing ever happens. By the way, I'm not yelling at anyone in the thread, i'm not really saying that my opinion is the only right, that's just how i feel.

And I really hope that people can understand that and not get angry with me.

Yes, of course.

It may not seem like it, but I know that God has someone verryy special just for me out there. I don't know who, though. Heck, I may already know him. We'll just have to wait and see. ;3

Kindaa... It's just hard to explain. People think they 'love' someone, but really, I think they're just using them. And love is... so complicated. Some people tell you they love you, then the next day, theyre like "Whatever." It's just because they found something they'd rather have. And lately, there have been so many divorces because couples think they love eachother, but in the end, they just learn that they weren't meant to be.

I think a lot of you think of love as almost an actual thing - while it's not. It's an abstract idea/emotion, just like sorrow, jelousy, or anger. You can't physically hold a ball of sorrow, but you know it exists.

Love is one of those things that is hard to come across. It's one of those things that can give us a false sense of itself - you may think you're inlove, but you're really not. Sometimes you may really fall inlove, but you might not even know it. Love is pretty much a tricky thing - it's just one big mystery. Maybe you just haven't experienced it yet, or maybe you just resent it.

The media shows love as this "fairytale ending", but hopefully we all know that the chances of having a fairytale ending are pretty slim. Love can hurt, or it can be the best feeling in the world. Just be open to it, cause there's a first time for everything. Some people never find that true love, but it doesn't mean that love is fake.

Oh - and love doesn't just come in the form of loving your signifigant other.. Do you love your family? Do you love your friends? Your cat? Hamster?

Think about it. Why wouldn't it exist?

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it ironic that I find this topic after recent events.

I suppose, yes, I believe in love. And I hope I can find it for real someday, though I think the odds are extremely thin. Is someone really out there just for me? Love is complicated. It hurts, too. It can hurt a lot.

I've got a question for you all. Where does "liking" someone turn into "love"?

Do I believe in love? Yes, very much so.

I believe in love of all shapes and sizes.

And I actually believe it is the one true most important thing in the world.

Kikitchi~Kitty made a good point.

Sometimes you have to experience something to understand or believe in it.

Love exists in different forms. Just because you haven't found it yet or experienced it yet, doesn't mean it won't happen to you.

I feel it every day when I look at my kids.

It is total and undeniable and there's nothing I can do about it.

Even if they are rude or bad and I tell them off or punish them, I still love them and it's incredibly difficult to explain that feeling.

I feel it every day when I look at my husband.

It is total and undeniable and there's nothing I can do about it.

Even if we argue over something, I still love him and although in many ways it's a different kind of love to that which I feel for my kids, it's still incredibly difficult to explain.

I'm also a realist.

I know that some people never experience love - or that they can fall out of love with someone.

I don't think you ever notice the moment when "liking someone alot" turns into "love" - it's one of those things you realise afterwards (in my experience anyway) :D

I believe in love of all shapes and sizes. Because love is not just about finding your soulmate, but don't you feel love when you look at your mom and dad? Your grandparents? Your best friends? Your pets? Love comes in many different forms and just because you haven't found your "true love" yet doesn't mean that they're not out there waiting and there aren't many other kinds of love to experience.

Exactly. People are making some excellent points here. Now I'm going to try and explain my thoughts on love further.

I'm a Christian, and have my religious views on this topic, but I'll put them in a more general context, that everyone can relate to.

Love can be anything. We all feel it. If you're happy, you're bound to be experiencing some kind of love. A love of life, a love of your hobbies, friends, pets, family, music, etc.

And I believe there is a someone waiting for everyone. This would be true love.

And now, I'm about to make an incredibly controversial statement. If you truly do not believe in or are not experiencing any kind of love, you're living a relatively pointless existence. And you cannot ever possibly be truly happy, unless you learn to love something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back