Low battery beeping

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zuz

Reaction score
It has never happened to me personally, but I heard that when battery is on the edge of death, Tamagotchi may make a long, loud beep and to stop it, you have to take out the battery.

Now, just out of pure curiosity.

Will it beep when the sound is off, too?

I searched everywhere and haven't found any answers, seems like everyone play with a sound turned on, unlike me - my sound is almost always turned off, I just don't like when Tamagotchi distracts me from something by it's beeping. :(

Thanks for answering.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about the battery theory, but if you see it floating up and you jab a pen in the reset button you can save it.

No, if the sound is turned off it's turned OFF. No beeping whatsoever. You would really have to be in the nick of time to save it.

I know on one of my V1s... The ones I've bought outta store. Those beeped a long beep regardless the sound was on or off. It was clearly annouying to come home and hear them beeping out of low battery. (after being paused that day) They were in my room above the door... I'm pretty sure my sound was off considering since my p2/97/original tama being annouying to everyone around me. (Couldn't get one unless I agreed to turn the sound off, unless nobody was around) I have the sound on for the first hour and then turn the sound off now...

Well, actually I was running my original V1s both at the sametime... They both beeped out of low battery. Both of the sound options were off.

Thanks for the answers. And wow, SailorRosette, now it makes me wonder if I will have this too, because beeping at night/in the morning would freak me out, also my family would get mad at a toy screaming. Also, quite annoying in school, where I have no screwdriver, teachers would just go insane.

Well, I never had a v1, but it also never happened on my v3 or v4.5 which I own for a quite long time, and battery has ran out many, many times - and I never heard anything. It also makes me wonder why it is like that, battery is low but it still has some strength to scream? Weird.

Honestly, my gotchis, beep one time and I am going to cut the sound wires inside you. xD

I just hate those beeps with all my little heart.

Its been so long since mine have done that... I think v2s JUST came out... They haven't done that since, but then again, I don't leave the batteries in when I leave them now because of that. I pause them and then remove the batteries. That way I don't have to download at a mystery time.

I don't know what directly happened to them, but when I came home they were screeching loudly. I was lucky I was the only one home at the time. I never trust my tamagotchi batteries... even if I just changed them and I know they're new... I bring a keychain screwdirver ragardless. People wonder why... I play a recording of a long beep to them from my phone... They freak out. I go, that is why I carry one around. My Tama-watch even did that once, in a doctor's office of all places. That day I didn't have my screwdriver... Luckly that day, tape worked... My keychain screwdriver is my friend... I would get one if you randomly found one. I got it as a freebie from a job fair or something.

Aww, so basically I'd have to take the battery out every night. Quite annoying I must admit.

Maybe I will just get rid of the sound wires or something then, I never use sound and get freaked out when I think it can beep at night, lol.

Also I have no idea where to get a keychain-screwdriver, but I might look for one, thanks for the advice :)

It's a loud, high pitched noise that alters if you move it or keep it on for a long time. Sometimes, re-sets can be a short-term fix. Though I just take out the battery as it drives me nuts. XD It happens to me usually when I've gone off tamas and left them for ages. Sometimes it deletes all your data, especially on V5/V5.5.

I have no idea whether the sound was on or off, but it's a distress signal since it's used up nearly all it's power and the circuit board is demanding for it to beep. Usually after the big [X] has been flashing for a week or so, it happens.

Long, high pitched noise would make me go insane, to be honest. xD

Is there any way to prevent it from happening? As I said, it never happened before to me, but I am very curious about how it works.

All of my 'gotchis have run out of batteries few times before, but I never heard that creepy beep. Maybe because they always were paused and had the sound turned off. But still, I know it may happen sometime, so I want to prevent it in any way. <_<

Nah. I would make a home-made tab that fits inside the slot on the side. They are pretty easy.. I'd use some clear platic like stuff that commonly comes on toy packaging. Otherwise, thin cardboard or cardstock paper. I really don't think it would happen if you know when the battery was put inside... It helps. Mine normally last along time before I need to change them... If you connect your tamas, it will let you know sooner that your battery is getting low. But usually it lasts me a few more days to a bit over a week without connecting.

I just believe my first v1s to be glitchy... maybe they were about to attack me through the screen... Who knows.... I really think its rare for them to really beep at low battery. Mine are just weird I guess. I think they were the factory batteries inside them at the time... So maybe that is what was it...

glad I didn't bring them to school that day... It would have been a halariously weird day.

glad I didn't bring them to school that day... It would have been a halariously weird day.
It would be for sure. :lol:

Are there any signals when the battery is low? (except the battery sign)

Because my v4.5's battery is 1 year old (!) and it works fine, but I still don't want to get awaken by it or something. So, when can I know my battery is going low?

It would be for sure. :lol:

Are there any signals when the battery is low? (except the battery sign)

Because my v4.5's battery is 1 year old (!) and it works fine, but I still don't want to get awaken by it or something. So, when can I know my battery is going low?
The pixels are usually fainter and the sound sounds darker (lower pitched). Also, the screen might go lighter when you try and connect.

The V4.5's batteries last on average a year. The V5's and MusicStars last about half a year and V1-V3 lasts about 3/4 months.

The pixels are usually fainter and the sound sounds darker (lower pitched). Also, the screen might go lighter when you try and connect.

The V4.5's batteries last on average a year. The V5's and MusicStars last about half a year and V1-V3 lasts about 3/4 months.
Thank you for answering. Well my v4.5 is doing fine, pixels are very dark and easy to see, it connects without problems, but I almost never use sound so no idea how it is. I am still very surprised it works for so long and nothing is happening with it.

As for v3, I have no idea how long will it last - battery is not new, I took it from my Pokewalker, lol.

So last quesiton. Is there any way to prevent the Tamas from beeping when their batteries are dying? I mean, not stop them making sounds, just prevent it so it will never happen.

Thank you for answering. Well my v4.5 is doing fine, pixels are very dark and easy to see, it connects without problems, but I almost never use sound so no idea how it is. I am still very surprised it works for so long and nothing is happening with it.

As for v3, I have no idea how long will it last - battery is not new, I took it from my Pokewalker, lol.

So last quesiton. Is there any way to prevent the Tamas from beeping when their batteries are dying? I mean, not stop them making sounds, just prevent it so it will never happen.
Well, the best thing to do is make sure you use fresh, or near fresh batteries and swap the batteries out whenever you notice something not quite right with the way your tama functions. It's most evident on the V5/V5.5/MusicStar, since those are really glitchy when their batteries are dead. Just make sure once the [X] appears, that you replace the batteries and you should avoid the beeping. :)

Also, another symptom I just thought of. Name glitches and friend list glitches (random letters or mysterious characters), or connection glitches also happen more frequently. A lot of connecting sure does drain the batteries very quickly.

Well, the best thing to do is make sure you use fresh, or near fresh batteries and swap the batteries out whenever you notice something not quite right with the way your tama functions. It's most evident on the V5/V5.5/MusicStar, since those are really glitchy when their batteries are dead. Just make sure once the [X] appears, that you replace the batteries and you should avoid the beeping. :)

Also, another symptom I just thought of. Name glitches and friend list glitches (random letters or mysterious characters), or connection glitches also happen more frequently. A lot of connecting sure does drain the batteries very quickly.
Okays, thank you very much again. Now both of my tamas function and connect fine, so I think I don't really need to switch the batteries right now. :)

I have a v5 also though, and nothing happened when the battery was dying. It just ran out slowly. No glitches and all that stuff.

Okays, thank you very much again. Now both of my tamas function and connect fine, so I think I don't really need to switch the batteries right now. :)

I have a v5 also though, and nothing happened when the battery was dying. It just ran out slowly. No glitches and all that stuff.
That's good! :D

On the V5, if you leave the battery in for too long, creepy things can happen. Auto-resets, odd pixels, alternating beeps and even controlling itself are only some of the weird things they are capable of. x__x

That's good! :D

On the V5, if you leave the battery in for too long, creepy things can happen. Auto-resets, odd pixels, alternating beeps and even controlling itself are only some of the weird things they are capable of. x__x
Yeah, I heard of it, it's really weird o.o Though as I said earlier, nothing happened to my v5, and now it is lying in a drawer without a battery. I took it out yesterday and inserted battery for a sec, but after seeing how boring and annoying this version is, I just took the battery out again. :rolleyes:

Seems I am a lucky person, I've never saw any glitch on my tamagotchis, except parent history getting deleted in v3. Nothing more.

Okay, so I think I know all the answers to my problem. Thanks again :)

Most of the time when a battery does die... It will show the battery thing and then slowly fade off after a while. You have a very small chance it will do the weird long beep thing... Just think of the time of it as a random glitch. Nothing more.

Pokewalker, famously used battery for a tamagotchi. hehehe. I haven't yet but I might... I still have spares yet. I kinda like the pokewalker....

Yes, I am pretty sure it will still beep if the sound is off, this has happened to me a couple times to my v2. The only solution really is to take out the battery. The battery was dying anyway, why not take it out.

Hi guys,

I've read through and I am a bit concern. I've just got my Tama V5.5, do you reckon I will need to change the battery by 6 month's time? will I lose all my data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back