Mac Or PC?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jappyx

Reaction score
Hello!

Just wondering who uses what. I have an iMac running OS X Tiger. I love it so much. I use to use Windows but I finally changed to Mac and it was a wise decision. :)

So what do you use? Mac? Windows? Linux? Other? B)

-Jappyx

You do? Wow. xDDI use a PC. ^^
Lol - I can't remember if I have told you before.. :p (I think I have told you about 100 times :p )

I'm interested to see if anyone here on TamaTalk uses Linux - because its not that well known compared to PC and Mac. ;)

I have a laptop running on Windows. I want a Mac though....iMovie (I think that's the name) is way better than Windows Movie Maker....(I make videos) Maybe someday I'll get a Mac.

PC. I really don't mind at least I have a computer. :)

I have a PC with Windows. I like it. For some reason when we were going to get a computer, my mom wouldn't let us get a Mac. She says they're not good, even though the ones at school are very good.

I have a Mac OS X! I LOVE it! My screensaver is the cover of the HSM DVD! XD

It's refreshing to see you folks not arguing about which OS is better (at least, not yet. xP) I am a mac user and I have been my entire life. I have a macbook with OS X.4, an iMac G3 with OS X.3 (The oooold kind, from like '00), a PerformaPC 6025CD (ANCIENT; has a 1 Gig harddrive and 4 MB of RAM, lulz.), a powerbook 500 (doesn't run; ~12 yrs old) and my uncle is sending us his old iMac G4 since he's getting a new one soon.

fluffums - your mom is probably reluctant to get a mac for 3 reasons:

1. Value. They are pretty overpriced for what you get. The hardware that comes with a Mac is pretty subpar compared to what you can get on a PC for the same amount of $, and you are locked in with some of it (e.g., you can't change out the vid card on a macbook because it's integrated into the motherboard.) That said, mac hardware components are 'tailored' to run well with each other and the OS. Still, the fact remains that you pay a premium for non-premium hardware.

2. Change. Your mum may just be used to MS XP, and if that's the case she probably sees no reason to change.

3. Misinformation & Opinion. A lot of PC users are pretty obsessed with forcing Microsoft propaganda down your throat (don't worry, Mac users are JUST as guilty, if not more as the minority.) PC users will often not hesitate to claim that MS is superior to OS X. Because Microsoft still holds the majority (although that is changing slowly as linux and mac popularity picsk up) most folks will tell your mom a PC is fine.

I used to use windows XP, but when I got my own computer, I got a mac computer instead. (macmini- my friend thought it was a cd player! :D ) Love it, by the way. runs on os x tiger, and I'm getting leopard for my b-day. (can't wait!!) I haven't had it for so long yet, so I'm still a bit confused with stuff like pages and keynote, but they seem really cool! And once I get the hang of them, they'll probably be really easy to use too! And yes, iMovie is awsome! now if I could only get a digital videocamera...

the only problems I've been having with my mac are to do with blogagotchi... for some reason, the beige box that you use to upload images into your entry, creat hyperlinks, change font and such, that appears on the new entry page, isn't shown. but other than that, macs are the computers for me!

although windows vista does seem pretty cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back