Make tamatown a downloadable program

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesteel649

Reaction score
Something interesting recently came to my mind, Tamatown was basically a massive .swf application right? So it might be possible for Bandai to make a downloadable version of tamatown. It'll make hosting it much easier. What do you folks think?

1) Would Bandai make money by doing this?

No.

2) Would the Connections/TamaGos sales higher?

No, the Connections and TamaGo have been discountinued for many years now.

3) Would they want to bring back good memories, to get them 2010 fans back?

What.. fans? The V5, V6 and TamaGo failed.

I realise that the popularity of the older tamagotchis have fallen, but i'm thinking, it wouldn't cost much to host the files to download rather than a whole website within itself, or better yet, give it to a fansite like this one for hosting.

I do realise it is a silly idea, but i get a vague feeling that it may work, Bandai has nothing to lose and they'll be doing their older and more experienced fans a favour.

A few large and major companies have done things similair to this before, so why not Bandai?

Last edited by a moderator:
TamaTown was an online world where you could interact with other players. Would the interaction between players online be available for the downloadable program?

Nonetheless, It's a good idea :)

Wow O.O

You know, i never knew that you could interact with other players in it too :p

But then again, i was like 8 or 9 back then.

I never really did think of that, but it'd be up to bandai.

I personally think that if Bandai were to release these files, they wouldn't have any multiplayer interaction.

But looking at it now, it is quite complex without a doubt, still possible though, there just has to be someone who is willing to host it.

Coming to think of it, do you think they'd consider it if a petition were made here?

EMF was referring to the music star/tama-go tamatown

the v3-v5 tamatowns didn't have the same set up

Wow O.O

You know, i never knew that you could interact with other players in it too :p

But then again, i was like 8 or 9 back then.

I never really did think of that, but it'd be up to bandai.

I personally think that if Bandai were to release these files, they wouldn't have any multiplayer interaction.

But looking at it now, it is quite complex without a doubt, still possible though, there just has to be someone who is willing to host it.

Coming to think of it, do you think they'd consider it if a petition were made here?
I'm not sure whether the online features would still be available, but I'd be glad to get any of the TamaTowns back, especially V3 and V4. Anyway, I don't know if a "petition" would help, it sounds kinda pointless. Bandai knows of TamaTalk's existence and is familiar with it, but if we were to all make a discussion without the help of the mods or Admin or anything, Bandai would never take us seriously, even if we sent it to them. I'd say our best bet at getting the .swf would probably be for one of our mods, or someone who actually knows something about hosting files and is capable of doing it, to e-mail Bandai on the behalf of all of TamaTalk and just ask.

Then why don't we get the attention of the mods and admin?

They will probably be able to help us with our idea :D

Yes, I love the idea!!

How do we attract mods and admin? :D

I don't think the mods would be able to get the TamaTown .swf :U

Plus I'm not sure if Bandai would appreciate that ouo;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back