Marley & Me

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the movie was really, really bad. at first it's about a cute puppy and in the middle it's not even about the dog anymore! when it hits the middle they might as well just call it "and me"! and when it hits the end the little kids who want to see a cute dog being silly won't even belive what's happening!

so picture this: there's a bunch of people in one of those big theateres that can hold 1,000 people and it's at the end. so the guy who cleans the place walks in and he hears 1,000 people crying like it's the end of the world. so the guy is thinking "what the heck is going on!? was the movie THAT bad!?"

seriously, shouldn't it be rated pg-13?

:huh:

My friend is reading the book. I looked at the end, told her and she said I'd spoilt it.

I liked the movie. It was really funny at the beginning. I do agree with you on the ending, my eyes watered up. I was so close to crying. I had to keep turning around to ask my friend if she was ok and needed a tissue, she had tears running down her face. It was hard for me about the ending, I have a dog that looks a lot like Marley but he is still a puppy. He became aggressive and we were either going to have to put him to sleep or send him away. The movie reminded me of him and that made the ending worse because I might not ever see him again.

I was really looking forward to seeing this movie but this stupid guy on this show called TMZ had to ruin it by saying "Oh yeah Marley dies at the end..." o_- I HATE it when people do that *twitch twitch*

Stupidest way to end a COMEDY.

I don't mind it when a main character dies, it makes it more fun for the movie/book/game/show. But when it's in a children movie or a "Family Fun" movie, it's stupid.

Stupidest way to end a COMEDY.
I don't mind it when a main character dies, it makes it more fun for the movie/book/game/show. But when it's in a children movie or a "Family Fun" movie, it's stupid.
It's not really a "comedy movie" at all.

It's a Drama-Comedy.

Not all movies need a happy ending.

There's been children movies with character deaths as well. Bambi, Land Before Time, The Lion King to name a few.

I saw the movie, but really didn't pay attention towards the end.

I don't even think it should be a movie.I really never saw it but my friend told me about it and I told my other friend who wanted to see it and it was like:

Journey:Maya,do you want to see Marley & me?

Maya:Yep!

Journey:But they kill the dog.Do you still want to see it?

Maya:Yep!

-gets ready to rant-

Okay. For everyone who is saying that it's a horrible way to end the movie...I have bad news for you. Everyone dies eventually. The movie, or the book, in this case, wasn't about John Grogan. Or his wife. Or kids. It was about his dog--Marley. And more specifically, it was about the life of his dog. It portrayed a dogs life. And like every other living organism in this world, a dog eventually dies. It really happened, yeah. But honestly, I don't see what's so surprising about that. When I was nine our family had to put our dog to sleep, because she was going to die. And we didn't ant to keep her in pain or anything. We didn't have her choice. She was already about 15. So that's all the movie is. It portrays the life of a dog--beginning to end. I don't see why you guys hate it if the dog dies. This is life.

[/endrant]

Anyways, I was weeping by the end of the movie. It has got to be one of my favorite movies. Maybe it's weird of me to say it was the funniest, saddest, best movie I have ever seen. But maybe that's just because I have a sog just like Marley. :]

And the book was even better. <3

Dieing dogs in movies. Seriously movie makers think of something that has:

Comedy

Some sad parts

Romance

Etc.

Latest posts

Back