mewithoutYou lyrics

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mewithoutYou

Reaction score
North Carolina. I'm originally from PA. :)
Why burn, poor and lonely, under a bowl or under a lampshade?

or on the shelf beside the bed, where at night you lay turning like a door on its hinges,

first on your left side, then on your right side, then your left side again?

Why burn, poor and lonely? tell all the stones we're gonna make a building!

we'll be cut into shape, and set into place, or if you'd rather be a window, I'll gladly be the frame. reflecting any kind words, we'll let in all thier blame, and ruin our reputation all the same, so nevermind our plan-making, we'll start living! anyway, arent you unbearably sad?

then why burn, so poor and lonely?!?!

WE'LL BE LIKE TORCHES! WE'LL BE LIKE TORCHES! WE'LL BE LIKE TORCHES! OH!!!!

we'll be torches together, TORCHES TOGETHER!!

we'll be like torches, we'll be like torches with whatever respect our tattered dignity demands. torched together, hand in hand.

why pluck one string? what good is just one note? oh, one string sounds fine i guess, but we where once 'one notes'. we weren't lonely wheat, quietly ground into grain,

OH WHAT LIGHT AND MOMENTARY PAIN! so why the safe distance, this curious look?

why tear out single pages when you can throw away the book? why pluck one string when you can strum the guitar? STRUM THE GUITAR! STRUM THE GUITAR! STRUM THE GUITAR!

with no beginning, with no end! take down the guitar, and STRUM THE GUITAR! STRUM THE GUITAR if you're afraid! and I'm afraid! and everyone's afraid! and everyone knows it!

but we dont need to be afraid, anymore.

You played the flute, but no one was dancing, you sang a sad song, and none of us cried!

You played the flute, but no one was dancing, you sang a sad song, and none of us cried!

You played the flute, but no one was dancing, and you sang a sad song, you sang such a sad song!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back