Minnows!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miracle

Reaction score
So one Sunday I got a pet Garter Snake which I named Lapis. He eats minnows. They're like skinny mini Gold Fish.

[SIZE=14pt] What's the point of this thread?[/SIZE]

Well, as you see.. I'm a fish murderer. ): I killed like 30 minnows that I bought for Lapis. They don't live very long in cool water, which happens here in NY since it's Winter and the water cools rather quickly. I changed the water to a warmer temperature and I put 11 or so minnows in a cup. After I filled their tank with water, I put them in but I saw a cloud of chlorine. I had no clue it was dangerous to the minnows and when the cloud disappeared, 11 dead minnows float around. :D ! Like every last one died! Lapis only got to eat 2, like seriously.

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep these devil fish alive? Would be much appreciated. Anyways, Lapis doesn't have to eat for another week.

You know what's more cruelty? My parents were calling me Fish Murderer. :D

I never had minnows, but i do keep tropical fish, and before you ever put them in water, it must be de-chlorinated. you'll probably have to buy a product at the pet store that removes chlorine. any type of soap or cleaning product will harm the fish, so don't clean their tank with anything except water or any special cleaners from the pet store that specifically say that they're safe for fish. especially bleach, bleach will kill fish in a matter of minutes, even the smallest amount.

Thanks! I kept them in a container since I was about to feed them to Lapis, but my parents are going to buy me a tank and the bubble making thingy that I'm not sure what it's called. Thanks for your help!

Yep but he won't eat them dead. :l Plus, if they die the parasites come out, which there shouldn't be none anyways. If my snake dies 'cause of the fish they sell me, it's a lawsuit for them. Yeah, I went there.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize how fast and how easily fish can die? I killed like 6 goldfish by accident, and your parents are just saying that to make you feel remorseful, nothing bad.

They can easily die through a change of their water, I don't think you should feel so down in the dumps.

I have 10 minnows right now. When I change their water I make sure it's the same temperature now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back