Model question....?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu Lover

Reaction score
Okay I've been told my almost everybody I've ever met that I should become a model. And I know I have to have a slim body and be at least 5'8" (which I am) and have a great smile and great teeth. I have all of that except I don't have that "perfect smile". I have braces. My teeth are perfectly straight but I can't get my braces taken off for another 1-2 years.

Could I still be a model even with the braces? Because my mom told me I can make millions of dollars in a few years of being a model and I'd love that so I'm seriously considering being a model.

But it's kinda easy to get a modeling agency to call you for an interview. But it's hard to actually become a model. And plus you have to look like a stick figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't just "be" a model though. People have to like you in order to make you a model.
I know. I know alot about that and plus thats not what I asked :D

Not necessarily. Ever heard of "plus size models?"
Oh. No I haven't. And it doesn't matter if you have braces. Before Tyra Banks said alot of models aren't perfect. That models are freaks of nature. So it doesn't matter if you have braces.

Last edited by a moderator:
But it's kinda easy to get a modeling agency to call you for an interview. But it's hard to actually become a model. And plus people who take pictures of models and everything are always saying that the model has to lose more wieght even if she is as skinny as could be.
Oh you obviously don't know me. All of my friends call me stick figure. I'm serious like a stick figure. I'm 15 and weigh between 90 and 95 LB. People think I'm anorexic, which I'm not. I'm lucky because I have a high metabolizm.

Oh and I'm not talking about a model who walks around on the runways. Thats exactly what I do NOT want to be.

I know thats what you don't want to be. And plus look att the post above yours.

Well it's because I saw that you have to have a great smile and great teeth and if you have braces on your teeth, I thought that they weren't great.

1-2 years can go by really fast though. And getting a modeling agency to call you takes a while sometimes. So you might have your braces off by then. But it really doesn't matter if your a model who has braces.

1-2 years can go by really fast though. And getting a modeling agency to call you takes a while sometimes. So you might have your braces off by then. But it really doesn't matter if your a model who has braces.
Thats true.... 2006 and 2007 went by so fast. And 2008 is already over half over. This past school year went by soo fast it seems like Monday was the first day and yesterday was the last day.

I say go for it. What do you have to loose?

Your braces won't be on forever.

:furawatchi:
I will. I'll try soon when I'm not too busy. I've been super busy lately =(

That sounds great!

You don't have to be brace-free and super-skinny to be beautiful. ;)

If you are inspired to become a model, why not go for it?

Sadly, some agencies don't allow braces.

I hate that, because I don't see a thing wrong with braces.

But luckily, there's lots of great agencies out there to check out, besides those with the silly rules.

Tell your mom about you wanting to become a model, and she can help you out with that.

Patience and confidence means alot. ;)

No matter what happens, I'm sure that this will be great for you.

Good luck! :)

You ahve to be really passionate about being a model. You can't just be like "welll..... everyone tellssss mee to bee a moddell...soooo....im gonna trryyy itt and expect to be a toppp model."

Modeling is tough work. You have to REALLY want it. You don't just wake up one morning and decide to become one. Its a man eat man business, and you have to be prepared to let it take over your life. Be prepared to lose friends to photoshoots, and to be homeschooled.

Get ready for (if you even make it that far) for agents and photographers critizizing every part of you and pushing you to be thinner and thinner.

Yet, if you really want that all, you will be happy with your life :) . But just know, the average modeling carrer ends at age 17-21.

*BaBi*

You ahve to be really passionate about being a model. You can't just be like "welll..... everyone tellssss mee to bee a moddell...soooo....im gonna trryyy itt and expect to be a toppp model."
Modeling is tough work. You have to REALLY want it. You don't just wake up one morning and decide to become one. Its a man eat man business, and you have to be prepared to let it take over your life. Be prepared to lose friends to photoshoots, and to be homeschooled.

Get ready for (if you even make it that far) for agents and photographers critizizing every part of you and pushing you to be thinner and thinner.

Yet, if you really want that all, you will be happy with your life :) . But just know, the average modeling carrer ends at age 17-21.

*BaBi*
I don't want to be a model right now. I'm too busy with my other life. I'm talking about later. And I do want to be one. I've been thinking about being one for over 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back