Mom + Dad = Life Stinks!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats can really complicate a household balance. I could never get a cat. They would kill everything else. I have birds which get the run of the house and there are other little critters around with open cages and areas to themselves. (turtles, toads, fish)

Cats are awkward to add to the household mix. Then what if you are allergic? You'll have to get shots just to keep the thing.

And yes, you are being pretty selfish and immature by saying you hate your parents just because you can not have a cat.

Then there is always the part when you grow up and you are out of there. You can have a cat then. :) Life is long. Life is more than what is happening now even if it doesn't feel like it. Now you have something to look forward to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 5 cats and a dog. That doesn't make a difference, in my opinion.
Trust me, it makes a huuuge difference.

You lucked out getting a dog that doesn't mind cats, but Mr. Canvas even said "My other dog, mean, but he just sleeps, growls, and eats".

Do you really think that his dog would get along with a new cat?

Oh please. Stop wining. >.>

You're overreacting. Your parents don't hate you. And you're life does not "stink." You can't always get you want.

Don't get a cat because it will probably be picked on by your dog.

♥CT

You already have 2 dogs, that's alot of dogs and you should be grateful. I am extremely grateful my parents let me get a dog - After years and years of wanting one they finally got me one and I appreciate him alot more than I would of.

You already have pets and you don't really need a cat, all animals cost money and try and see your parents side of the story. They may find it difficult to look after your current pets and think that's more than enough. What parents do is usually for the best of your interest so instead of thinking they hate you try being nice to them because I'm sure they feel bad when you say you think they hate you etc.

[SIZE=8pt]My parents HATE me.[/SIZE] 

Why? I can't get a cat.

One dog; a nice, friendly one. She is scared of a puppy way younger then her. My other dog, mean, but he just sleeps, growls, and eats.

But my parents STILL won't get me one! :D
woah woah woah ur parents will always love u! just beause they wont get u a cat means that ur life i horrible? :D no way! if i were u i would be thankful to atleast have 2 dogs!!! i would do any thing for a dog! :) sit down and realy think. ARE u being a little dramatic? :D

No one understands!
I LUV cats. They're my fave animal. I always play with kats at the chance. But lucky for me, my parents hate 'em. > :D
well yeah i understand what ur feeling but be realistic! dude! u have 2 dogs!!! and u said it urself ,one of them is realy nice! i love love love dogs!!! they are MY fav animal but i dont have a single pet and my parents say i never will. but do u see me complaining that my parents hate me and life stinks? no way! :) try to ealize what u DO have! :D :D

Besides, it's actually a very GOOD thing to not get everyting you want. I purposefully deny myself things when I find that I have been lucky and getting stuff I have wanted for a while.

As nice as it is to get stuff you want, it's bad for your overall character and life to get what you want all the time. Especially big stuff like a pet. It's no fun but overall, it's a good thing.

If you love cats so much, maybe worry about studying more about them. Reading/researching will help you understand more about the animal (which may help you see why bringing the cat around your dogs is unwise and why your parents say no). It'll also be educational and maybe a good hobby. I still think socializing cats at a humane society or even at a foster home is a good idea. I got one of my cats from a foster home and I appreciate how much he's been socialized, he fit right in with our other cats for the most part.

I understand having a favourite animal and wanting one as a pet. I love cats, too, and actually am considering becoming a breeder of Snowshoes, but I know that at this point in time with my situation it would just be unfair to the cats (and wouldn't really get me anywhere).

Sometimes it's good to look at the whole picture. :wacko:

I've had a messed up day anyways..
What makes me really mad about this topic is that you have been talking about wanting a cat for over months, and just because your parents won't get you one, doesn't mean they hate you.

If there was no Mom and Dad you wouldn't even be alive.
*Points at bold*

Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back