Mom Spoilt Tama Fun!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolphin Girl

Reaction score
My mom spoilt my fun with all versions of Tamagotchi by saying things like "leave the machines alone" and "it's just a toy" and "the pet is just pixels", that sort of discouraging, slightly offensive things. I want to be able to see a Tamagotchi as my own little companion, not a black-and-white robot that is programmed to be addivtive. Don't you all agree?

I agree B) I know what you feel... my sister also said that. she always teasing me... :angry: she said "are you retarded? how immature are you... it's just a toy and they are not alive, you NERD" that's discouraging like you said :rolleyes: also this article ---> "Most embarrassing gadget?!" made me hate them forever...? but I still love Tamagotchis! :lol:

Like you said I also want to be able to see a Tamagotchi as alive and real creatures not just a pixels :p I love tamas because I love aliens! :puroperatchi:

- Oxie :wub:

My parents are the same, but they're more like "STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY D:<" kind of parents.

My brother just thinks I'm childish ! xP But I know they're joking around... so I don't mind.

It's too bad about your families though. :( I hope they'll start to warm up to Tamas soon ! :)

I agree B) I know what you feel... my sister also said that. she always teasing me... :angry: she said "are you retarded? how immature are you... it's just a toy and they are not alive, you NERD" that's discouraging like you said :rolleyes: also this article ---> "Most embarrassing gadget?!" made me hate them forever...? but I still love Tamagotchis! :lol:

Like you said I also want to be able to see a Tamagotchi as alive and real creatures not just a pixels :p I love tamas because I love aliens! :puroperatchi:

- Oxie :wub:
That article *you linked to, "Most Embarassing Gadget" is rediculous! :angry: Looks to me like the author wanted to get his weekly pay, but he couldn't think up something, so he decided to slam a valid and beloved hobby. Maybe he wanted one in 1997 but was too embarassed to get one. I'd pay no attention to that, especially since he didn't even make a proper argument! In my mind, 'gotchis transcend being just pixels with the personality we give them after caring for them. A tamagotchi only has as much personality as you want it to, right?

*Edited to clarify my meaning.

Last edited by a moderator:
That article is rediculous! :angry: Looks to me like the author wanted to get his weekly pay, but he couldn't think up something, so he decided to slam a valid and beloved hobby. Maybe he wanted one in 1997 but was too embarassed to get one. I'd pay no attention to that, especially since he didn't even make a proper argument! In my mind, 'gotchis transcend being just pixels with the personality we give them after caring for them. A tamagotchi only has as much personality as you want it to, right?
Yes but are you critisizing his/her post and I say there nothing wrong with it. Or are you critisizing MY post?! If you are note that I am not a him.

Don't worry about it and just keep playing with them. My brother says things like that sometimes and I just say "You used to play with them too" I think critisizing someone about playing with a virtual pet is more immature then playing with one.

@Dolphin Girl: No, I meant the article Oxiecraft linked to was rediculous, not anything that anyone on this thread said. I was talking about the "Most Embarassing Gadget" thing which was probably posted by a paid writer on the site she linked to.

Yep I agree that "Most Embarassing Gadget" post should be considered SPAM, deleted and forgotten. But I suppose since it's posted by a paid person...

I am lucky that my mom mostly ignores them, and is supportive. Tamagotchi-ing is my hobby and what I do to give myself a break from studying. I spend my money on them, and my mom knows that even if she said stop, I would still do it cos I love tamas :3

@dolphingirl: Your avvie is too cute for words!

My parents try to do the samething. But I do care, I buy them for myself now... Although My mom did buy my most recent one (my Tama-Go) Since I have been helpful to her for the whole summer. Multiple reasons.

Since my mom bought my Tama-Go, she has let up on me a bit. But they still would rather me play something else. Or use my money on different things... That sort of stuff.

A friends comment when I was about 12 ("OMG, your in year seven and you still play with dumb toys!?") put me off tamagotchi for about 4 years, until now when I've reactivated them all. You just got to ignore it, I guesss. Whatever makes you happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back