Mononucleosis

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kk445

Reaction score
Did you ever have mononucleosis, the kissing disease?

My current boyfriend had mono about 6 months ago, in August. He went to the hospital and recovered from it there.. I wasn't dating him back then, Nor did I kiss him any yet. My question is How good are the chances of me getting mono?

Also, if you had/have mono, Share your stories? xD

My best guy friend had mono last year - he said it was a living hell and the worst thing he's ever gone through. You always have mono, it never really goes away, though the symptoms may be gone. However, the chances of someone else catching it are slim. I share drinks and chapstick with him all the time and I haven't gotten it.

Mono is something you'll come across, don't let it stop you from kissing who you want to kiss. It's something you can't really control, so there's not much use worrying about it.

Mononucleosis is just a fancy way of saying glandular fever. I've had tonsilitis and believe it or not, the two are similar, though tonsilitis is an infection. Your neck glands will swell up and you have a really sore throat. Galndular fever puts you in bed, because strenuous activity while you are sick with it, can rupture your spleen. But honestly, don't fret. Mono is only contagious in the first couple of days and then it becomes neutral, so it can't jump to another person. You will always carry the virus afterwards (like herpes), but I've heard that it's not as bad as it sounds. Hey look at the bright side, if you do get it, you'll get at least a week off of school. I read a book about a girl who had mono and she had to stay home from school for about 2-3 months, but it's not as serious as it sounds.

Like the others said, the chances of you getting it are very slim. If someone you know gets it, avoid them for the first few days. Maybe a phone call or two, a letter or a care package will help them feel better. But then after a few days, you can visit them. If you want more info, PM me. I'm a walking medical encylopedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back