Most complex/challenging virtual pet

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarugetchu

Reaction score
Hey, new to the forums so just let me know if I posted this in the wrong area.

For whatever reason I stumbled across the 20th anniversary Tamagotchis and being so filled with nostalgia I now feel like picking up a virtual pet again, only one that's got more to it than the mini.

After some research I was wondering what people thought the most complex or challenging virtual pets are? Doesn't have to be Tamagotchi or Bandai, and can be in a different language. The simplicity of the Mini speaks for itself and from what I've seen the new Japanese colour Tamagotchis are less like pets and more like friend simulators, where your care affects their growth but it's more about exploring areas and meeting characters. Not sure if the first colour ones were like this though...

I remember growing up being in love with this puppy virtual pet that you had to house train, before taking him on walks to do tricks and poop. However, looking back, I don't think it ever really got old, which was a shame. From reading more about the different Tamas, Devilgotchi definitely sounds interesting with its naughty little character, but as everyone knows they're insanely expensive now.

Were any pets made to account for different personalities and ways you approach them differently?

Which ones do you think are most complex, challenging or interesting?

For challenging the umino wins it is the most challenging tama to run it is the most needy and some eggs are just pre determined not to reach adulthood

For complex I would say the Entama/ Uratama - they have skill points that determine the evolution of the character as well as the families that each character is sorted into so if you hatch a baby that is part of the mame group you can only raise a character part of that family, the tamagotchi you choose to mate with matters as there is a system that determines the family that the baby belongs to, there are special evolutions to obtain from certain characters, the hantena/ Bikkuri groups which you can only obtain with an item from enwarehouse (as far as I am aware). there is a cooking mechanic, a mail mechanic newspapers in the morning and letters at predetermined times, your tama will have home visits from a tutor. Skill points also come into play when it comes to applying for a job, and your salary increases as your rank in that job does (rank up by gaining skill points under the category that your job is under ie intelligence points for the doctor job). There is also a traveling salesman who will sell one item when ever he visits some are food others are toys, others are guts up items. and that is the very bad way to summarize the entama/ uratama

You can also try the V6 music star for complexity it has a lot going on like skill points (they don't help with growth, some say they help with getting prodebut but I have found it's band practice that does that... so..) every 15 minutes your tama will play or practice their craft, and you have to make sure their stress doesn't get to high. Once you have a band you have to practice with your band so you can pass prodebut and become music stars (make tons of cash) there are side jobs you can do as well... and that's about it I think it feels like there's a lot because it is a very busy tama that you have to be actively doing stuff and such.

For interesting the tamagotchi Mix is near the top of my list you mix traits of two tamas to make a whole new tama species so every generation you will have a unique tamagotchi The famitama is also really interesting and filled with adorable animations

For complex I would say the Entama/ Uratama
Wow, you make these sounds more interesting for sure. Are they much different from the V4 and 4.5 connexions? If you have to recommend one between entama and uratama, which would you pick?

They are very much different from the v4/ v4.5 the V4/v4.5 were based off of the entama/ uratama as they have mostly the same growth charts and skill points -- but the V4/V4.5 are like the watered down version of the entamas (and I really am not the biggest fan of the V4/V4.5 - mail comes at random times, you have fortunes, letters and important stuff, and its not really interesting either and the growth up to the teen stage is at random and its the teen stage that decides what family your tama is in. things like that)

The Entama and Uratama are very similar the largest difference is going to be the growth charts that they have, the skill points and the games and the uratama has a blue pixel screen (sorta like the akai ketai has a red one). I would say either one is going to give you the fantastic experience of running one (I am running an entama right now and it's in my log, also I am very much a huge fan of the entama). So I would recommend the Entama mainly due to it is much easier to find one than a Ura tama these days... but if you can find a Uratama at a good price then awesome!

Awesome thanks for your replies! Do the skill points have any influence on stuff other than jobs they can get?

I've struggled to find a Tamagotchi or virtual pet that actually has pets that grow up with different personalities, but I think I might just be wishing for too much from this kind of tech unfortunately.

Skill points affect the growth of the teenager to an adult so if you have a young mametchi where the most skill points are intelligence points he will evolve into mametchi and if you get 999 intelligence points within three days of graduating he will evolve into a mad scientist! (that only works for the three special evolutions)

As for actually displaying the personality traits... They don't quite do that but the characters that the evolve into based on the skill points for the most part are inline with their personalities so there is that

For challenging the umino wins it is the most challenging tama to run it is the most needy and some eggs are just pre determined not to reach adulthood
Pardon the intrusion, but wow, seriously, that's in the code for the Umino?! :eek: That's awful! Poor lil' plankton things! And here I was thinking that I was just a really bad Umino caretaker...to think some of the that the Umino Tamas I've raised through the ages might have just been doomed to die... :p

@ The Yatagarasu I know right? How is that even fair? I have yet to get my umino to adult hood and it is so frustrating and hard that I rarely run it (even though I love the idea of it and I do love it) but the odds are stacked against anyone who dares try

For non-tama stuff, I remember my Rancor Gigapet was a lot of fun but also challenging, mostly because Gigapets in general had this weird tendency to just keel over and die at points if you weren't ON TOP of them. XD They're definitely more complicated compared to P1/P2, but nothing too crazy.

Skill points affect the growth of the teenager to an adult so if you have a young mametchi where the most skill points are intelligence points he will evolve into mametchi and if you get 999 intelligence points within three days of graduating he will evolve into a mad scientist! (that only works for the three special evolutions)

As for actually displaying the personality traits... They don't quite do that but the characters that the evolve into based on the skill points for the most part are inline with their personalities so there is that
Ah I see thanks! I've noticed that the connection ver4 (or maybe 4.5s) had some discipline options: time out or praise. Are these not on the entama or uratama?

I dunno why but I like the discipline aspect of virtual pets because I think it emulates a part of actual pet ownership...

Entama and Uratamas have time out and praise, but iirc these don't necessarily affect the growth unlike older versions?

The entama and Uratama as far as I am aware do not have training options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back