My Chicks & Chickens :D

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

City Lights

Reaction score
Mmhmm. I learned how to download stuff from my camera so I just thought I'd share some videos of my family's chickens and chicks.

Uploaded onto my Youtube account.

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

There are 5 chickens and 8 chicks ^__^

[SIZE=7pt]You got mooore ;] [/SIZE]

I remember at your house the chickens were totally attacking me D:

Awww, I love animals! How long did you have them?

-Temari Nara

We got the chicks in early June.

We've had the chickens for a long time. A year probably. My family's been raising chickens for a long time but they sometimes get eaten by coyotes, dogs, and raccoons =(

Aww, they are so cute!

I wish I could pet the chicks. But not the chickens, I have a phobia of chickens. 0.o

I wanna take them home! -steals chicks-

My family's been raising chickens for a long time but they sometimes get eaten by coyotes, dogs, and raccoons =(
Eeep. Where do you live? In the videos I hear what sounds like cars which sounds like your in the suburbs, but I don't think there would be coyotes. although I live in Texas, in the big city, and I know there are deer just about everywhere here, so that would provide food for them if they were here, and I did find that huge skull with teeth too large for comfort in the greenbelt that once.... so I suppose there could be coyotes.... I could definitely picture the raccoon and dog thing.

I live in southern California. I think it was an airplane because we live on a private road so there's barely any cars driving around.

We had to be coyote-proof trash cans because our neighbors called and told us they saw a coyote taking stuff out of our old trash cans at 3:00 am

I'm seriously scared of coyotes o_o I'm scared of a lot of wild animals in California. Especially mountain lions o.o

and the chicks are probably 3 weeks old ^.^

Last edited by a moderator:
Eeep. Where do you live? In the videos I hear what sounds like cars which sounds like your in the suburbs, but I don't think there would be coyotes. although I live in Texas, in the big city, and I know there are deer just about everywhere here, so that would provide food for them if they were here, and I did find that huge skull with teeth too large for comfort in the greenbelt that once.... so I suppose there could be coyotes.... I could definitely picture the raccoon and dog thing.
I was right. Apparently we have a coyote problem in Austin: https://www.ci.austin.tx.us/council/bm_urban_coyote_info.htm

I'm creeped out now. It's even in our county. (Travis)

But anyway, The chicks are so cute! I commented on both the videos.

Very cool! I enjoyed the videos. I have two Banty hens - Midnight and Goldilocks. You can guess their colors. ;) Midnight is slightly larger and definately the dominate one. But she is more 'responsible' too. Goldilocks likes to evade me and get into things she shouldn't when she gets loose. I use them with a chicken tractor to help weed and de-bug garden areas. When I open it at night to take them out and put them back in their safe cage, she will try to get loose and run around the backyard, getting into cat food or the garden veggies. Midnight will usually just go into the overnight cage on her own.

Very cool! I enjoyed the videos. I have two Banty hens - Midnight and Goldilocks. You can guess their colors. ;) Midnight is slightly larger and definately the dominate one. But she is more 'responsible' too. Goldilocks likes to evade me and get into things she shouldn't when she gets loose. I use them with a chicken tractor to help weed and de-bug garden areas. When I open it at night to take them out and put them back in their safe cage, she will try to get loose and run around the backyard, getting into cat food or the garden veggies. Midnight will usually just go into the overnight cage on her own.
Lol. A chicken tractor xP thats funny. I enjoyed the videos as well. We used to live on a farm and had chickens as well. Though , we used them for eggs instead of , um , tractors xP. Now I live in Seattle , so , I won't be having any chickens anytime soon.

Anyways , about the videos. Very cute. Especially the chicks.

I'll try to get pictures as soon as I get on the other computer ^__^

My chickens are named

Rocky (Black one with less white)

Polkadots (The other black one)

Cactus (Brown)

Alice (Yellow)

Athena (Yellow)

Sorry I don't know the breeds ^^'

I can't wait to see pics of them! If you can get them posted, I can probably identify their breed/breeds for you. I'm that much of a bird nerd. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back