my English p2 is now a Japanese p1!?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I've been on here!
I've been playing with my tamagotchis for two years now, and have quite the little collection now ;)
For context, I got my ENGLISH P2 last summer used, like new from amazon. I've been playing with it off an on since then, switching in and out of other tamas. Yesterday my p1 tama died, so I decided to take my p2 out for a spin. I took the batteries out of my p1 and put them in my p2. Up until this point, there's been nothing strange with my p2. It had the regular bouncing egg, and sounded normal. but when it hatched, thing started to get a bit wacky.

I think you can tell by the pictures I'm putting down here what my problem is. I'll let you guess...
(Ignore my looming hand. I was trying to get a good picture XD)

I think it would be kind of cool to have a p1 tama on a p2 device, but I'm not sure. What I really need to know is how to fix it!

thumbnail_processed-714bac72-03d3-4027-ad37-9a3258c06ada_JMwsuhqt.jpgthumbnail_processed-43a37756-449c-4a5d-a476-ff244d6d58fe_JMmP3VNB.jpg

How in the tamagotchi lord did this happen?

Yeah so what i would do is get a new battery because it probably took some memory from the P1 but if that doesn't work hit the reset pin

That's very weird.

I can only guess that maybe they built gen2 on top of gen1 programming, using p1 as a baseline. So every p2 has a rudimentary p1 in it. It normally does not show up or work on its own in gen2 devices, ofcourse.

Somehow, either a battery problem or something else caused it to bug out and only play the 1 programming that time. I doubt it could work flawlessly as a p1, since I guess it is only rudimentary and should not work on its own, but it did work for sometime, which is still something.

That's what makes sense to me, rather than batteries carrying the memories of p1. That really is impossible, afaik.

I'm curious, were you accidentally holding down any buttons when you reset it the first time? Some devices have a "debug mode" that will activate on start up if, for instance, the A and C buttons are held down at the same time.

Just a thought.

My first thought was maybe you switched out the guts of a Japanese p1 into the p2 shell. (⁠^⁠~⁠^⁠;⁠)⁠ゞ
It'd be difficult to prove, however. Thanks for the reminder, I really need to do p1 to p2 internal swap! I have the two tamas ready to go, lol.

Latest posts

Back