My experience thus far with Tamagotchi Music Star.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody. First time posting here - mods, feel free to move my thread if you think it better belongs somewhere else. :ichigotchi:

About a week ago I found my childhood Tamagotchi hidden away in the back of a drawer and miraculously, upon replacing the battery, actually turned on and is fully functional! I have been taking care of my first Tama, whom I named Blorb and I've had a blast. I managed to get my very own Mametchi:newmametchi: which is something I always wanted but could never get when I first played this Tama back in 2007/2008, I was stoked! He played guitar, his music stats were all at 999, and his band, Scrungle peaked #1 on the star ranking and even had about 330 million Tama fans.

All was going well and I was beginning to become very excited for my next generation. I wonder what kinda of Tama Blorb's child will grow up to be? Yesterday, the band manager arrived with a lovely lady who he married, and had a very cute baby boy with. I took care of the new family as best I could and head to bed for the night. Next morning I woke up a couple hours after my Tama's usually do (I slept in a little) to find a "Bye Bye" note on my screen. I had read about the fact that the parents will leave you with the baby Tama to name and take care of, so I thought oh, OK, the parents have left. Imagine my confusion when an egg appeared on my screen. They had another child? The parents took the first baby with them?

Nope. Upon a little research I realize they had actually left because I didn't take good care of them. I left them alone for maybe a couple hours, and BOOM, gone! I can only imagine it's because there were 3 of them, which means 3 times the poop to clean up.

I am so confused and perplexed by this. You're telling me, that these Tamagotchis who can apparently learn how to play INSTRUMENTS, which requires a lot of skill to do, cannot be potty trained? Or clean up their own mess? I did so much for Blorb and he left me because I didn't clean his poop for a couple hours. I am absolutely heart broken and devastated. 💔 I can't be too sad though, starting again is quite exciting (just a bit disappointing that I don't get any Gotchi or skill points from the parents that left). I got a baby girl this time, very excited to see what she'll grow up to be.

One question about the toddler stage - I took perfect care of my new Tama (Blorbina) while she was a baby but she still grew up to be a Tamatchi, instead of a Hitodetchi which I was expecting. According to info online this means I took bad care of her. I kept her hunger and happy meters full and cleaned up after her immediately, making sure to keep her stress at 0. Any idea what went wrong?

Sorry for my very long post. Just very excited to share my experience with people who also love Tamagotchis. \(^-^)/

Last edited:
Hi everybody. First time posting here - mods, feel free to move my thread if you think it better belongs somewhere else. :ichigotchi:

About a week ago I found my childhood Tamagotchi hidden away in the back of a drawer and miraculously, upon replacing the battery, actually turned on and is fully functional! I have been taking care of my first Tama, whom I named Blorb and I've had a blast. I managed to get my very own Mametchi:newmametchi: which is something I always wanted but could never get when I first played this Tama back in 2007/2008, I was stoked! He played guitar, his music stats were all at 999, and his band, Scrungle peaked #1 on the star ranking and even had about 330 million Tama fans.

All was going well and I was beginning to become very excited for my next generation. I wonder what kinda of Tama Blorb's child will grow up to be? Yesterday, the band manager arrived with a lovely lady who he married, and had a very cute baby boy with. I took care of the new family as best I could and head to bed for the night. Next morning I woke up a couple hours after my Tama's usually do (I slept in a little) to find a "Bye Bye" note on my screen. I had read about the fact that the parents will leave you with the baby Tama to name and take care of, so I thought oh, OK, the parents have left. Imagine my confusion when an egg appeared on my screen. They had another child? The parents took the first baby with them?

Nope. Upon a little research I realize they had actually left because I didn't take good care of them. I left them alone for maybe a couple hours, and BOOM, gone! I can only imagine it's because there were 3 of them, which means 3 times the poop to clean up.

I am so confused and perplexed by this. You're telling me, that these Tamagotchis who can apparently learn how to play INSTRUMENTS, which requires a lot of skill to do, cannot be potty trained? Or clean up their own mess? I did so much for Blorb and he left me because I didn't clean his poop for a couple hours. I am absolutely heart broken and devastated. 💔 I can't be too sad though, starting again is quite exciting (just a bit disappointing that I don't get any Gotchi or skill points from the parents that left). I got a baby girl this time, very excited to see what she'll grow up to be.

One question about the toddler stage - I took perfect care of my new Tama (Blorbina) while she was a baby but she still grew up to be a Tamatchi, instead of a Hitodetchi which I was expecting. According to info online this means I took bad care of her. I kept her hunger and happy meters full and cleaned up after her immediately, making sure to keep her stress at 0. Any idea what went wrong?

Sorry for my very long post. Just very excited to share my experience with people who also love Tamagotchis. \(^-^)/
I also have a music star! Black with purple/blue music notes is the shell design. What shell do you have on yours? I always felt the v6 music star was a bit more challenging than the previous versions of the connections, and I'm a busy person, so I had enough dead Tamas to just feel that the v6 is just a needy little thing. However! The gameplay is fantastic, the games are fun and there is plenty of them in the little v6 to keep yourself from boredom. I got my v6 when I was about 14 I think. I'm 30 now. Now I'm more into the newer generation of Tamas (On, m!x, the new uni!) But, whenever I get a hankering for some serious nostalgia, I'll pop in a battery on my v6 or v4.5 and enjoy every second.

I also have a music star! Black with purple/blue music notes is the shell design. What shell do you have on yours? I always felt the v6 music star was a bit more challenging than the previous versions of the connections, and I'm a busy person, so I had enough dead Tamas to just feel that the v6 is just a needy little thing. However! The gameplay is fantastic, the games are fun and there is plenty of them in the little v6 to keep yourself from boredom. I got my v6 when I was about 14 I think. I'm 30 now. Now I'm more into the newer generation of Tamas (On, m!x, the new uni!) But, whenever I get a hankering for some serious nostalgia, I'll pop in a battery on my v6 or v4.5 and enjoy every second.
I don't think I've seen that shell design online before, but sounds really nice! Mine is a black background with pink/purple flames, sparkles and music notes. It's very glam, I love it. While I don't particularly have any other Tama's to compare the V6 gameplay too, I was definitely surprised by how needy it is. I don't mind though because this Tama is jam packed with so much fun content and personality. Having a blast!

I have been considering purchasing a new generation Tamagotchi, would you have any recommendations? Out of the ones you have played which one has been your favorite? Would love to hear your thoughts. :biggrin:

I've never played a music star, but this sounds like a busy little tama, haha! Congrats on getting a Mametchi, I totally get the struggle it was to get one, when I was a kid it always seemed so difficult. xD Sad that he decided to leave, too, but ah well! At least it was only one generation in, and restarting is always fun! Hopefully u have better luck with the next gen, hm?
Sadly since I've never played, I can't help answer ur questions, but it is interesting to read and learn all the same!

I dabble in all kinds of tamas, but my favorites are the connections, specifically the V1-V2! They're just so charming and nostalgic for me. :3 Unfortunate that I seemed to get out of tamas by the time the music star rolled out, otherwise I would absolutely have one, too! So it's cool that this is one that u have!
In terms of color tamas, I hear a lot of great things about the + Color, but I have yet to play one myself. (I definitely want one, tho!) I love the P's tho, having played it quite a bit when it came out, tho the downside to getting one now is that the pierces can be a little pricey individually, which tbh is part of the fun of the whole thing. :0c I hear very good things about the On/Meets/Some, too! Have yet to get one, but it's also on my list. I've been playing the Pix myself, and logging it for fun, but I might pack it up here soon so I can get ready for the Father's day hatch I'm joining!

I've never played a music star, but this sounds like a busy little tama, haha! Congrats on getting a Mametchi, I totally get the struggle it was to get one, when I was a kid it always seemed so difficult. xD Sad that he decided to leave, too, but ah well! At least it was only one generation in, and restarting is always fun! Hopefully u have better luck with the next gen, hm?
Sadly since I've never played, I can't help answer ur questions, but it is interesting to read and learn all the same!

I dabble in all kinds of tamas, but my favorites are the connections, specifically the V1-V2! They're just so charming and nostalgic for me. :3 Unfortunate that I seemed to get out of tamas by the time the music star rolled out, otherwise I would absolutely have one, too! So it's cool that this is one that u have!
In terms of color tamas, I hear a lot of great things about the + Color, but I have yet to play one myself. (I definitely want one, tho!) I love the P's tho, having played it quite a bit when it came out, tho the downside to getting one now is that the pierces can be a little pricey individually, which tbh is part of the fun of the whole thing. :0c I hear very good things about the On/Meets/Some, too! Have yet to get one, but it's also on my list. I've been playing the Pix myself, and logging it for fun, but I might pack it up here soon so I can get ready for the Father's day hatch I'm joining!
Thank you very much for the insight on the modern Tama's! So cool that you own V1/V2 Connections, those ones were a little bit before my time. My first Tama was the V5 Familitchi which I still own, but sadly no longer works and produces a loud screeching noise whenever I insert a battery. o_o What are V1/V2 Connection Tama like? What are your favorite things about them? :ichigotchi:

Thank you very much for the insight on the modern Tama's! So cool that you own V1/V2 Connections, those ones were a little bit before my time. My first Tama was the V5 Familitchi which I still own, but sadly no longer works and produces a loud screeching noise whenever I insert a battery. o_o What are V1/V2 Connection Tama like? What are your favorite things about them? :ichigotchi:
Tysm! Sad that ur familitichi isn't working tho hmm... Wonder if it can be fixed, since it'd be a shame otherwise. Sorry I can't help with that tho cuz I'm no electronics expert. :'D
I think when it comes to the V1/V2, I just adore the charm and simplicity they have! Plus, the V2 is the first tamagotchi I ever got, so I have a ton of nostalgia for them. ^^ I'm running a couple V1s rn and it's been so fun, being able to actually connect my tamas together is so fun and iconic! Also, the characters are super adorable, and seeing all their little animations has been so sweet too. The V2 introduced the shop too, so that adds a slight edge over the V1 imo! But I love both a lot, haha.

I had the same problem with couple of my old Tamas, in both cases the problem was in failed capacitor. Ask someone who can solder to replace the capacitor (10uF/16Volts), it's very easy job, takes around 5 minutes to do it.

As to the V6 - it's pretty needy compared to V4, V5, these ones you can leave for a whole day and nothing bad will happen 😁

Tysm! Sad that ur familitichi isn't working tho hmm... Wonder if it can be fixed, since it'd be a shame otherwise. Sorry I can't help with that tho cuz I'm no electronics expert. :'D
I think when it comes to the V1/V2, I just adore the charm and simplicity they have! Plus, the V2 is the first tamagotchi I ever got, so I have a ton of nostalgia for them. ^^ I'm running a couple V1s rn and it's been so fun, being able to actually connect my tamas together is so fun and iconic! Also, the characters are super adorable, and seeing all their little animations has been so sweet too. The V2 introduced the shop too, so that adds a slight edge over the V1 imo! But I love both a lot, haha.
Haha, I remember having fun connecting my Familitchi and Music Star together back in the day... Such a cool feature! I would love to have one of each of the Connection line one day. The V1/V2 sound lovely! ^_^

I had the same problem with couple of my old Tamas, in both cases the problem was in failed capacitor. Ask someone who can solder to replace the capacitor (10uF/16Volts), it's very easy job, takes around 5 minutes to do it.

As to the V6 - it's pretty needy compared to V4, V5, these ones you can leave for a whole day and nothing bad will happen 😁
Wow, thank you very much for the info! I'm so stoked that it can be repaired. I'll definitely look into that! :biggrin:

I don't think I've seen that shell design online before, but sounds really nice! Mine is a black background with pink/purple flames, sparkles and music notes. It's very glam, I love it. While I don't particularly have any other Tama's to compare the V6 gameplay too, I was definitely surprised by how needy it is. I don't mind though because this Tama is jam packed with so much fun content and personality. Having a blast!

I have been considering purchasing a new generation Tamagotchi, would you have any recommendations? Out of the ones you have played which one has been your favorite? Would love to hear your thoughts. :biggrin:
Thanks for responding to me! Are you talking about the connections versions of tamagotchi? My next favorite hands down would be the v4.5. I had always wanted a v5 as well, but unfortunately never could get my hands on one. Maybe someday! My v4.5 is still one of my absolute favorites, and I'll start it up when I really need a hit of dopamine.

Out of the newer gens, I would definitely suggest the on! Or if you don't mind things being in Japanese, the meets are awesome and pretty much the same as the English Tamagotchi On, just the Japanese versions. These have been my absolute favorite tamagotchis so far, with the newer gen! I cannot wait for tamagotchi Uni. I liked the Pix, but if you were to get a Pix, get the Party Pix bc the buttons (touch buttons, not actual physical buttons) work much better and all around, is better than the original release of Pix.

I love the Tamagotchi On so much because of the ability to mix genes, and have your very own unique tamagotchi. There's also a fan made app you can use to send stuff to your Tamagotchi On via the computer or your phone! As long as you have blue tooth, you'll be able to get new rooms, items, foods, accessories easily! 😋

Latest posts

Back