MY FLORIDA VACATION LOG!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DAY 8

Oh dear oh dear! I am so late on this! :( So sorry. Anyhow, yesterday, we went to Magic Kingdom again. Around 4:00 p.m., we ate at Cinderella's Royal Table, a restaurant inside her massive castle. In the main lobby, you get to have your photo taken with her, and there's also an elevator that takes you up to the big dining room. There, you see the view of the park if you sit by one of the large windows, and the servers call you "Queen, king, prince, and princess." You also get to meet other Disney princesses, including Jasmine, Aurora, Ariel, and Snow White. They even give plastic wands and swords to little kids.

After eating a fish lunch, we decided to ride some more rides. We rode Winnie-the-Pooh, based off the original movie. Not so long ago, they turned the waiting area into a playground. Then we rode the Haunted Mansion, the ride that inspired the movie. I used to be really scared of it, but now it doesn't really bother me. My mom tells me that the very first time I went on, I was a year old and I was sleeping all the way through! They also redesigned the waiting area, with an interactive graveyard. Spoooooky.

Afterwards, we looked through some shops on Main Street, U.S.A. We were searching for a bigger bag to put my autograph book in. Lol, I don't need one now, it's filled up, and I probably won't get one next year.

Let's see . . . is that it? Oh wait! Mom risked her life for me!!! Err, let me explain that. We rode Space Mountain. My parents are very over-protective, and my mom thinks you can fall off or get whiplash from a wild roller coaster. -_- Well, on this one, I was really holding on! It's the highest ride in Maagic Kingdom I think, and you're like in a spaceship. You have to sit down in the really low seat, and your legs go around the person in front of you. Then you're whisked off into a deep, totally pitch black void. Even though I couldn't see anything, I knew we were very, very high up. There are tons of super sharp turns, and right when it slows down and you think it's over, it goes even faster.

She got a bit kad at the end for making me go on, and she got really dizzy afterwards (my parents are a lot older than you'd expect).

When it was near closing, we went to view our photos, and on one ride, called Space Ranger Spin, we looked crazy! You're supposed to shooto at these aliens while moving, and at one point there's a bright flash, so I ducked low and covered my eyes, and it looks like I'm eating my shooter! XD My dad's was even sillier. His eyes were like all big and concetrating. LOL

After that, we went to another resort to have a late night snack at around 10:00 p.m. My parents had some champagne and I fell asleep. :)

Finally we retreated to our own villa.

The next day, we went to Hollywood Studios.

By the way, did you know that the large carousel in the middle of the park is the oldest ride? We went on that, too!

Last edited by a moderator:
DAY 11

Um, I think it is day eleven. So sorry, but I can't update this thing as much (see announcment above). Well, I guess I only have time right now to tell a little blurb. Three days ago, we went to Hollywood Studios park, previously named MGM, after the movie company (if you're curious, MGM stands for Metro Goldwyn Mayer). Around 4:00 p.m., we were scheduled to dine at the Hollywood Brow Derby, a restaurant based off the real one in California. The original one is shaped like a big Derby Hat, and the other one is shaped normally. In both places, caricatures of famous actors and actresses line the walls, painted by a mysterious man named "Vitch."

Afterwards, we only had time to look im a few shops and see the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights. Each year around Christmas, thousands of lights are strung on fake building. Then they blink on and off according to the music. Sadly, this will be the very last year they show it. :(

Here is a video!

Around 8:00 p.m. I think, we went back to our hotel.

The next day, we went back to Magic Kingdom. Around 4:00 p.m., we ate at Liberty Tree Tavern, where we had a big turkey dinner. My dad's leg was really hurting, so he couldn't go on many rides. :( But my mom and I went on a few roller foasters, including Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, where you're in a runaway train. I wanted to visit Tom Sawyer's Island, which is a very adventurous playground, but it was too late. :( Last time we rode the JUngle Cruise, where you explore the "rivers" of the world in a boat, and the skipper cracks lame jokes.

Today, we went back to Epcot. At around 3:00 p.m., we ate at the Coral Reef, where you can dine and look out at a giant tank full of sharks, sea turtles, and fish. You can get a better view from their big aquarium. We also went to America, Mexico, China, Germany, France, Italy, and Norway (they're building a big Frozen ride there). At around 8:00 p.m., we had dinner at Tutto Italia, a restaurant at Italy. We always like it, and their pasta is delicious.

At around 11:30 p.m., we finally we back to our villa, right when my feet were really beginning to hurt. I think I also have a cold (btw I have an explosive sneeze it's so loud people turn their heads and stare at me, lol).

Also, did you know that Epcot's aquarium is the second largest in the world, holding 6,000 creatures in 60 species?

More photos!

https://j.mp/1NR92VmA fountain at Animal Kingdom! The tiny red Indian structure in the background is actually a birdhouse!

https://j.mp/1NR99k2The inside of Cinderella's dining room in her castle (don't worry I just took it at a weird angle the room is not slanted!).

https://j.mp/1NR9h2PRapunzel's tower! It's only for looks and you can't go inside, but it looks exactly like the one in the movie!

https://j.mp/1NJQtqwA replica of the Chinese Theatre at Hollywood Studios! Inside, it's a ride called "The Great Movie Ride."

It's amazing how big the Disney franchise is. They have a huge amusement park to make money, and at the same time to advertise their movies.

Hey, I'm late but I just read through the whole thing. Looks like a lot of fun! I saw where you went through the Smokey Mountains on the way there, I just took a vacation there pretty recently. It's a lot of fun there, especially with Pigeon Forge right by - lots of stuff to do there! And if you want nature, you have tons of that too!

Reading about all the good food you had made me really hungry lol. Anyway, hope you're still having lots of fun, and I'll check by here again later. :p

DAY 14

Lol I am late again. Anyway, gotta make this quick. Basically, three days ago at around 9:00 p.m., we went BOWLING! Disney Springs now has an alley called Splitsville. It was super crowded, and we planned this weeks ago. My mom is really afraid pf germs, so she wanted to but our own balls and shoes, even though we never played before! My ball is sparkly and swirled with blue and purple, like the giant void of space and time. Mom's ball was ruby red. Dad's was swirly green.

My dad used to be on a league, but that was 20 years ago. But hey, he still had it! He won all the rounds, and I kept coming in second. My mom isn't very good, but I'm sure she'll get a bunch of strikes soon. For the first few frames I played, beginners' luck was on my side. I kept knocking down about nine pins, and my shot was straight! Yet after that, I kept going in the gutters. :( Sorry you may have to google what I am talking about I have no time to explain this in full detail.) Plus, this little boy who was playing the lane beside us kept eyeing our balls. He even picked ours up and gave them to us, lol.

Yesterday, at around 9:00 p.m., we did another fun sport: Miniature Golf! There are techinically three course, near the water parks. We went to Winter Summerland, with a winter side and a summer side. It was unusually crowded, and we're slow, so we let other play through. The story of Winter Summerland? Lol. Once, Santa Claus came here and figured this was a good place for vacation. The elves couldn't decide on which course to build, so they made both. The winter side reminded them of home, and the summer reminded them of . . . well, Florida!

I cam in second again on both courses, with dad in last and my mom winning! I had to bank most of my shots, because most of the angle were just rediculous.

We went home, after picking up some groceries. Mom had a big craving for milkshakes again! This time she made them, and they were good.

Today, we went back to Disney Springs, just to shop. At around 6:00 p.m., we had a big salad breakfast made by Mom. Surprisngly, I don't like salads, and I don't like nuts, though I'm not allergic. Just for her sake, I ate most of my meal. Afterwards, we took a small ferry from our resort and docked off at the Landing. We shopped at their many shops, then got hungry at around 10 p.m. We ate at Portobello's an Italian restaurant. We wanted to eat at the Boathouse again, though they didn't have any boothes open. (My mom is really particular.)

Finally, we're back at our villa, waiting for the repair guy to fix our no-hot-water problem that we've been having for like ever.

Tomorrow, we gonna go to Universal Studios! Not related to Disney whatsoever, but still very cool!

Also, did you know that each year at Disney World, 75 million cokes are drank and 300,000 pounds of popcorn are eaten?

Cool! How did you get access to the photos?
Well, my parents won't let me have a phone, so I take pics with my dad's cell phone. But sometimes he won't unlock it for me so I have to wait lol. :( Just about all of my friends have cell phones and they're like 3 years younger than me!

DAY 16

Oh dear! I gotta make this super quick! I'm not supposed to use the tablet after I go to bed, but my mom let me. I'm actually old enough to have my own cell phone by now (yeah I don't even have a cell phone). Sheesh, oh well. Anyhow, today, we went the Universal Studios! We got up around 1:00 p.m. and had a big breakfast, with a turkey bacon and egg sandwhich. Eggs are my favorite morning food for some reason, lol. When we finally got out of the villa at around 3:00 p.m., we realized we didn't have much time there, because one park closes at 7 and the other at 8.

My dad was against going since we didn't have much time, but he went. :) There are two parks there, Universal Studios and the Island of Adventure. After parking our car in their big garage, we rode a moving walkway and entered their boardwalk, a long street of shops, restaurants, and even night clubs. :eek: When we reached the first park, we rode my mom's favorite ride first: E.T., based off the 1980's movie about the lost alien. The waiting area is supposed to look like the deep, dark forest, and you get to ride a flying "bicycle. At the end, E.T. even says goodbye to you along with your name!

After that, we rode Woody Woodpeckr's Nuthouse, a kiddie roller coaster. It didn't go very fast, and I barely screamed.

I'm not actually really sure how it took that much time to do that, but at the end, we were hungry, but my mom also wanted to see the Island of Adventure, especially the Cat-in-the-Hat section. I wanted to see Harry Potter's Diagon Alley, though we decided to go to Lombard's, a fish place.

Sadly, we didn't have enough time to do anything else, so we left. So sorry I didn't get any pictures of the Harry Potter place! Last year we saw it, and they made it look like just in the movie! They also have a Despicable Me ride, Men in Black, and Simpsonsville.

Anyway, after we left around 8:00 p.m., we took a ferry to Portofino Bay, a resort based off of Italy. We browsed their shops, and they even have an area in their lobby that's supposed to look like an Italian alleyway! We then ate ice cream at their gelato place, though I spill some of mine of my shirt and sweater (I'm super clumsy). We also had pizza at a place called Sal's, but they changed the pizza sauce to marina, so it wasn't very good. :(

Then at 11:00 p.m., we took the boat back and went back to our car.

Photos below!

https://j.mp/1ml7kG5Portofino Bay!

https://j.mp/1UszavlThe famous Universal ball, up close!

https://j.mp/1ml7nS2Just one of the facade streets. So sorry my hand must've been shaky (that's Curious George on the tower in the back).

https://j.mp/1ml7r4vAll we need is a flux capacitor!

https://j.mp/1UszDO8At Disney Springs, there's a big lake, and they built a giant serphent completely made of LEGO bricks! Btw, when we went there, we also browsed the LEGO store, where Mom forced me to buy a giant kit that builds Santa's workshop. Because of the price, I also got a free Christmas tree ornament and a 2016 calendar!

https://j.mp/1UsAhLvPhoto of Splitsville! Memory Lanes is the name of their giftshop.

And guess what? Tomorrow we have to leave Disney World! Aww. But hey, we're also gonna stop off at Hollywood Studios again on the way!

Also, did you know that Cinderella's castle has a hidden apartment with real, gold tiles covering the floor? It was built for Walt Disney, but now special guests can stay in it.

DAY 17

Oh no! I am so sorry! The wi-fi here is quite weak, and everytime I tried to post a long update on here the page kept reloading and deleting everthing! :( I know I shouldn't give up, but it was late at night, and I had to get ready for bed. Anyhow, yesterday, we checked out of our villa. I was very sad, but hey, now I am at the beach! Say hello to grainy sand dunes and the smell of the vast ocean!

First, before we went there, we went to Hollywood Studios to eat at the Brown Derby again. I had the same thing to eat, along with trying to resist the urge to fall asleep in the booth like I usually do. Lol. :p Because we had to get back on the road soon, we really didn't get to do much. First we just walked down Pixar Place, a street that's designed to look like Toy Story. It's got a few shops and an arcade ride, which is always crowded. You use a shooter to shoot rings at a screen to knock down old-fashioned ducks and stuff. We couldn't do it this time, but I still remember it from last time.

I promise I'll post the photo I took once I can get access to it!

Afterwards, we headed over to the Writer's Stop, a little shop with goodies, books, and movies. My dad just got a book about the 80's and Mom got a movie quiz book. I didn't really see anything I wanted, plus I'm too busy working on my own book!

Finally, we hit the road, and something crazy happened! At around 6:00 p.m., we were stuck on the highway, bumper-to-bumper for over three hours! :eek: NO! It was very torturous, watching those shiny, rolling boxes moving an inch every few minutes, their tiny, red lights blinking on and off like sadistic robots.

I was asleep earlier, but my parents kept bugging me about my posture, so I decided to just stay awake. To pass the time, I decided to fold some origami, with a special travel origami book. And then, we got out of that mess, and soon we were going at 60 mph again. We soon came to a long bridge over water, and when we crossed, we found ourselves on Wassabo Island.

Minutes later, Vero Beach was in view. It's a Disney Resort, though just not near Disney World. We were very hungry when we checked in, though the kitchen for the restaurants was closed. :( We talked to waiter, who talked to the chef, and he said he'd whip us up some Caesar salads. As I said before, I'm not crazy about salads, but it was actually pretty good.

We listened to the ocean for a few minutes and stared at the stars, glittering in the sky like diamonds. There were so many, and I'll make a video the next time. We unloaded our van and got settled into our villa. We were still kinda hungry, so Mom cooked some pre-made chicken pot pies.

The next morning, we woke up at around 3:00 p.m. It was a beautiful day, and I got to where a nice T-shirt I picked out at Disney World. Although, when my mom washed it the night before, our tiny dryer shrunk it! :eek: Now the sleeves of my mock neck show my wrists, her night gown is shorter, too! My T-shirt still fits, thankfully. :)

We then went to the main lobby, where we went to an expensive spa. Mom bought a cleanser set for me and scheduled a massage for herself tomorrow. I refused because I don't like massages--they feel weird.

For lunch, we ate at Shutters, a restaurant with fresh-caught fish. I ordered the chicken, though. I'll snap some photos next time. At around 8:30 p.m., we went to the grocery again.

Now we're back in our villa, about to have some champagne and watch Ant-Man (no I'm not gonna have any bubbly my parents are)!

Also, did you know that Animal Kingdom has about 1,700 animals in 250 species living in 500 acres?

Latest posts

Back