My Friend

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inSANE2

Reaction score
This is serious, I have a friend who is 13. I used to go to school with her, but I was two grades ahead of her. I went to a small school, so I knew her. Later I went to summer camp with her. Her name is Roslyn Marshall and she has brown hair with natural blond highlights and she has been missing since early Sunday morning. https://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_11564070 She ran away with a boy, who I do not know. They both don't know and aren't old enough to drive well on roads. They ran away with $100 cash and the boy's(Josh) grandfather's wallet. The grandfather canceled the credit cards because he thought they were stolen. They took Josh's grandfather's Honda Civic (car) and managed to drive from Silicone Vally to Grand Junction Colorado. This has been emotionally draining for me today and some of my friends that know her. Just post anything here about runaways, have you been one, do you know one. Or do you know Roslyn?

Its somehow better to stay with a group.
Somehow, it is. I am glad that she is with someone else, but I am still worried sick about her.

I hope she gives up and goes home.

Last year 2 of my best friends surprised me by running away from school. Teachers went out for a search at break then didn't succeed so the police were called and they weren't found until the early hours of the morning, on Manchester street which happens to be my cities 'Hooker' street.

Well one of the people at my school was a runaway. He ran away from school and was found 2 days later, dehydrated and starving.

And me and my friends ran away for a night. From my friend's sleepover. It was quite fun at first, but I then convinced them to go back home. We saw drug addicts, pedophile-ish people and night gangs. My friend got threatened, but me and my other friend were hiding.

Not good.

Your friend will be in my prayers.

That's terrible. D:

I tried running away when I was younger. I got my winter jacket, packed a bag, and headed out. I got to about the end of my street and then realized that it probably wasn't the best idea. We had a foot or so of snow on the ground and it was freezing outside, and I realized that if I went to my friend's house, her mom would call my mom and I'd get found out.

Does she have a cell phone on her? Does James have a cell phone? If so, call them. What Roslyn needs most right now is a friend. Some support, some kindness.

There's not all that much you can do. Try sending out a chain email to all of your contacts, with pictures and links to the news stories. I'm not fan of chain messages, but I always forward 'Missing Kid' ones, because they're not for the sake of entertainment.

And when they get back, DON'T tell Roslyn how stupid she was or anything like that. Tell her how much you missed her and you're glad she's safe.

Just try not to worry that much. It's not your fault, and there's not much you can do.

If you're religious, pray. I know I'll be praying that your two friends make it home safely.

They are safe and well.

If you click the link that you provided for everyone, you will see that the story in the Mercury News paper was posted on 27 Jan (the day before you started this topic) and the very first part reads:

Two runaway teens from Silicon Valley were found safe Tuesday evening in a Denver suburb, sleeping in a mall parking lot. Roslyn Marshall, 13, of Saratoga and James Palmerson, 14, of Los Altos had been driving through the Rocky Mountains on Tuesday, with little money in the 2005 Honda Civic the boy stole from his grandfather.

Police were coordinating with authorities in Colorado to have the pair stay at a juvenile assessment center until their return to California.

James and Roselyn were found near the Colorado Mills Mall in Lakewood, Colo. at about 9:55 p.m. Tuesday, police said.

I realise that you were very worried - but you could have saved yourself a lot of anguish by actually reading the report more carefully :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back