My friends tama!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCIS

November 2008 Contest Winner
Reaction score
I have a v5.5 and she has a v5

We tried to connect but every time we go in to game, it puts up the

->DOWNLOAD

RESET

screen!

Help, what should we do!

Change the battery on the one that displays this message.

Connecting by IR takes a lot of power. Having this message appear when you try to connect by IR is a sign of a low battery.

I have the same problem too. When I try to connect my v5.5 to a v5, it shows 'failed'. I just bought my tamagotchi so there shouldn't be anything wrong with the battery.

Ok, first of all, I am pretty sure there isn't a such tamagotchi that's a "V5.5-YET"

And that's really weird. Well, all's I can say is keep trying, you know, download, and connect. Idk, this is very odd.

If you don't mind getting a NEW tama, you can try to reset it. This is very odd...

Ok, first of all, I am pretty sure there isn't a such tamagotchi that's a "V5.5-YET"
And that's really weird. Well, all's I can say is keep trying, you know, download, and connect. Idk, this is very odd.

If you don't mind getting a NEW tama, you can try to reset it. This is very odd...
Yes, there is a v5.5. In some places, it's called the v5 refresh, or the v5 celebrity. Also, as binary mentioned, it takes alot of power to connect, so it goes to the "Download and Reset" menu. It's a sign telling you that the battery power is low. :p

I tried resetting and it doesn't work. Any more ideas? And mine does not display the download/ reset menu. It just says 'failed'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried resetting and it doesn't work. Any more ideas? And mine does not display the download/ reset menu. It just says 'failed'.
Just to make sure... no insult intended...

When both say "Stand By" you need to point their tops together and press the B (middle) button on one of them. Which connect menu options are you selecting on each?

Are you trying to connect while in a brightly lit location? Try shading them from the light. In direct sunlight, or too close to a bright light bulb will cause them to not connect.

Are you sure they are both Bandai Tamagotchi V5-series products? The V5-series can connect only with other V5-series products. Can they both give you passwords that work on the Tama & Earth Expo web site?

If you have access to a third V5/V5.5, can you verify each of yours connects with it? I'm thinking that perhaps one of yours is defective. I believe Bandai offers free replacements for defective product.

Maybe it's the battery?

Often (though not always) a side effect of low battery is the DOWNLOAD/RESET screen being put up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back