My little brother.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lainabug01

Reaction score
For the last few years, my little brother has been out of control. He's only six, but he should act better than this. When it first started, he was just hyper. Ran around a lot, seemed like he had ADHD. Then it progressively got worse until he started to have behavorial problems too. Now, recently, it's gotten so bad that the teachers told my parents that he had to fix his problems, or he couldn't go to our city's schools. Now with him home 24/7, it's gotten very out of hand. He doesn't even listen to our parents anymore, and gets violent when he doesn't get what he wants. My parents tried to talk to him, and he just doesn't get it. He's a very smart boy, and can read on a 3rd grade level, but he just doesn't act, well, normal. Counselers at school, before he left, told our parents that he might have a more serious problem than ADHD. I'm always getting in trouble because I tell him to stop something he's doing, and mom tells me he doesn't understand. It's gotten to the point where he embarrasses me in front of people I know.

Please help, I want to try and help him and stop getting so annoyed, but it's hard to cope with. Help??

[SIZE=14pt]Oh man. Well, my little cousin is the same way. He is very smart, but extreamly violent. He can never be around the kids in our family without fighting. But he's had a father that has had anger problems. Has your brother been around anyone who had anger problems? If so, mabye that's the reason. Because people can pick up bad habits at an early age, and it can sometimes stick with them for a long time. Or at any age. But try to tell your brother that if this continues, he might get in a lot of trouble. Or that it can get him hurt, and you don't want anything like that to happen to him. Hope it gets better![/SIZE]

From what you mentioned, this doesn't seem like normal behavior. Your parents may want to consider taking him to a doctor or therapist. If it's gotten to the point where he can't go to school, then something needs to be done about it.

If the situation is really as you describe, then it requires professional diagnosis, advice and information - it is not a great idea to ask for help from a Tamagotchi Fan forum where the advice might be friendly, well meaning, but way off.

We are not medical professionals.

If you want help to understand the situation and how to cope, you need to ask your parents if you can be involved in the process and have the problems explained to you too - and for the doctor to explain ways you can help or cope with the problem yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think seeing a psychiatrist may help over time.

My uncle was the same.. maybe even worse. He got taken into care for a short period of time. It broke my grandmother's heart.

That really sorted him out though. He's now twenty-five; you wouldn't believe he was the same person.

All I'm trying to say is, things can and do get better, you just got to find the right path. In no way am I suggesting your little brother to go into care, so please don't take offense or think that. I just think seeing somebody about his behaviour may help him.

Your little brother needs to see a professional who deals with behavior problems as well as a physician. He needs to have diagnostics performed to find out what the problem(s) is/are. I hope your parents do something to help him very soon. Best of luck to you and your family.

Like a few people have already said your family should take him to a professional so that he can get medication or something to help calm him down.

Maybe it's something in boys and men?

Also, does your mom or dad shout at him and/or use force to him?

Maybe if they do, it has something to do with it.

I'm no expert, but if the worst come to the worst he needs to get checked out and maybe approached differently.

Thanks for all of the advice. My parents are planning on taking him to a psychiatrist in November, once we get his medical card. Hopefully this will all be sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back