My Midnight Sun Fanfic

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamaPATCHI

Reaction score
Michigan, the home of the bipolar weather.
Chapter 1: Warning

I never gave much thought to how good people smelled. Only when I was a newborn, and didn't have much self-control. I was never really attracted to anyone at all that smelled so good, that you couldn't even describe the wonderful scent in words. Sometimes I wished that I would have someone like that, until I realized I would just eat them. Become a horrible monster like I should be. Vampires like me and the rest of the "family" are extremely rare. All of us, especially Carlisle, who is immune to the scent of blood, are vegetarians. We eat animals that are over-populated. We go hunting when there's a rare sunny day, or during the weekend.

Our house is your typical human house. Kitchen, living room, bedrooms, dining room, etc. The thing that makes us special is that we never use ANY of it. Living room is a rare. It's just to disguise us from the other humans that might stumble across this house so we don't look like weirdos without a bed or food. I almost want to kill myself, I was so bored. No eating any more human food. No sleeping. Now, you ask, what do you do during the 12 hours of the night when you should sleep? It varies. If only I had someone to watch sleep..someone precious to me, that would be enough for me to watch for 12 hours. I'd have to be careful, just in case their parents are nosy, and check in to see if they are sleeping.

Not so far away, I saw Alice looking at me. Not observing me. It was a blank, dazed expression. Quickly, I ran up to her. This was common. She wasn't spacing out. She was seeing the future. Now, Alice's predictions aren't always accurate. She sees vampires better than she sees those humans. Sometimes they are just images of the future, or sometimes they're a scene of the future. Either way, it's still helpful. I walked over to her, and read her mind.

What I saw was this pale girl, almost as pale as a vampire, but humanly pale. She was about my age. Then I saw me. I saw me taking a sniff of the air..and then I saw me biting her. Sucking her blood. It was horrible. I knew what the message was -- a girl is moving to Forks, that smells irresistible to me. I knew what I must do.

"Edward.." Alice started as her eyes came back to normal.

"I know. Tell Carlisle..that I'm going back to Alaska."

--------

Chapter 2: Alaska

Alaska was the first place that came in mind to escape my "destiny." I was one of the oldest vampires in the Cullens, but I haven't smelled blood much at all besides animal blood. I couldn't figure out how Carlisle could become immune to the wonderful scent of blood. What did he have to do? Sit in a room that had no doors, windows, NOTHING, but him and a bucket of blood? Torture. Pure torture. Carlisle was indeed amazing, perhaps the first ever vampire to be immune to the scent of blood.

Alice was shocked. I could tell. We just moved back from Alaska two years ago to come back to Forks. "Are you even going to say goodbye?" She asked.

"No. I need to go now. She could come any second. She could be in the airport when I arrive. The sooner I leave, the better." I answered, turning away. Had any of the other "family members" ever experienced something like this? A person that smelled irresistible to you? I could just imagine the scent..sweet, so sweet that you could taste it in your mouth. I didn't want to taste it.

Would Carlisle be disappointed? No. He shouldn't be. He should understand what it feels like, especially the fact that Alice predicted I would bite her, it was so bad. Almost every human to me smells at least a bit good, but so good that you wanted to get closer and have a bite? Nope.

I stomped up the stairs, with a mixture of emotions. Emmett heard me coming up the stairs, so before I could reach my room he was in front of the door.

"Move. Please." I told him, angrily.

"Why? Where are you going?" He asked, confused.

"Alaska. Alice just saw this girl..that was irresistible to me. She saw me biting her. I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE." I replied, almost out of control. What if she's going to knock on the door because she needs directions, and I bite her?

"Come on, man! Stay for at least one more week..or a month." He persuaded. "At least for one more baseball game."

I immediately looked out the window, hoping for a storm. "Fine." I gave in. Emmett was the type who never gave up in an argument. I guess that would make the other Cullens happy too. I was the fastest out of all of them, but Emmett was the strongest. Alice was the best pitcher, as she could time the pitches exactly for the lightning bolt. Rosalie had great sight, and Jasper was pretty fast too. Esme kept score, and Carlisle is an all-around player.

Risks. So many risks with my decision.

"YES! Ha, we'll beat you good!" Emmett cheered, walking to see Rosalie. I just half-smiled, realizing I couldn't say never mind. If I just left to Alaska without telling them, they'd probably hate me.

-----

Next Chapter: Surprise

:eek:

Latest posts

Back