My old V1.... :(

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marierock13

Reaction score
I've had my V1 for 4 years (american version), and now, it won't work! The battery died, and when I replaced it, the screen showed a black line in the center. I pressed reset, and there was a beep,the egg appeared... but it faded out. I tried another battery, but the same thing happened! Help! :lol:

Just a question, did you replace it with an old battery or a new one? If you bought a new one, try buying a different brand of batteries.

If that won't work, maybe your tamagotchi's too- old...

::.tamasweet2

Was the place you stored your Tamagotchi in hot? Or cold? Or wet? Those things can effect its working quality. I don't know how to fix those though.... But maybe that is what's wrong.

Hope it starts working properly soon!

Cinderpelt♥

I keep my tams in a wood box under my bed. It isn't damp, hot or cold! I used two brands of batteries (both were new), Duracell and Eveready. I'm really carefull with them, and this one is in particularly good condition.... I tried again, but same results.

Make sure the metal thingies where the battery is isn't dirty or anything.

Gosh, I'd be really devastated if mine broke... imagine losing ninety generations!

it happened to me with my v3. dont leave im near computers! i couldnt get on the shop because the black lines were there and i couldnt play any games. sorry to say but... your tamagothi has had! theres no way to get it back to normal. :lol: :furawatchi: :)

im very sorry but tamas just wear out it happens to a lot of people and someday it will happen to mine it was probably very loved by you but you can get a new one. they have the latest versions out in toys r us and even cheaper on ebay i hope you find a good one and recover from the loss of your tama

I hate to sound like I don't apriciate your advice, but, as I mentioned, it has sentimental value. Also, if Tamas wear out, why does my mom's P1 from the 90's still work fine?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think that maybe you had mildew in the box and that could effect the tamagotchi? Other than that... big broken sign?

I think it's just so old that it won't work anymore. Don't worry, at least you got to spend some time with it! ^.^

Make sure the metal thingies where the battery is isn't dirty or anything.
Gosh, I'd be really devastated if mine broke... imagine losing ninety generations!
wow, 90 generations?!? that would suck!

Anyways, before i had a v2, my v1 was very glitchy. i went through about 5 batteries in a week! it would work normally for a while, but then it gave me the battery is dead symbol. I used to just change the battery, which was hard to do when i have to persuade my mom to let me, but eventually i just reset-downloaded. After a while, it was glitching more than it was working! My mom announced it broken. I mourned it for about a week before i lost it. I found it about 11 months later in the basement, popped a new battery in, and it worked fine! soon after i got my v2.

Despite my success, i do NOT recommend losing your tama in the basement for 11 months!

I suppose this doesnt help much... oops... sorry!

i collect tamagochis i have like 18 of the little buggers, i've never had any problems with any of them, i get most of them second hand, kids in my aria think that they are old news. anyway, if i were you i'd open it up to see if anything looked wrong, and if not you could always use it for parts on another tama, then you could always carry a piece of it with you, litterly. i did this to an old p2 that had chewed screws, i fixed a p1 with weak button response and wrinkled background, so now its like a hi-bread.

The LCD screen probably went bad, it just means that the pixels don't light up anymore

If you're desperate, you can open up your Tamagotchi completely and check out the LCD screen. (If your Tamagotchi doesn't even work, you haven't really got anything to lose!) Those rubber things are conductor strips. Try not to handle the black bit as that is where the electicity goes through. If the conductor strips are really dirty then that might hinder how your Tamagotchi works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back