My Opinion: Old Tamagotchis are better!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Purin

Reaction score
Now, recently, I had a conversation with a TamaTalk friend: mew0099. Although I don't have a picture, we were talking about many things (sometimes funny) about the Tama-Go, and other video games. We talked about Potetchi being better than Lovelitchi due to less obsessiveness. We were also talking about how we only had 1 Tamagotchi running (I had a Japanese Famitama with a Potetchi, Majorite, and PapaMemetchi, and mew had a V3), about how Mario Party and PMD Sky were the same price as the Tama-Go, and more worth it. We were even saying how the V5.5 and the Tama-Go had the strangest AIs, like in the V5.5, your Tamagotchis turn fat for taking good care, and the Tama-Go having random growths. Something hilarious in the conversation was how a $40 game starring Marx, the most cunning and creepy (even creepier than unused Claus) boss ever, (Don't post a Marx photo) was better than a $50 Tama-Go figure and Virtual pet. We also agreed on something VERY obious (and cool), Mother 1+2 for $70 is better than a Tama-Go. We were stating how the V4 actually encourages you to play more generations for more jobs and games free of price, and the Tama-Go, you waste $10 for a measly game.

Either way, we think that the V1-V5 was better than the V5.5-Tama-Go. I don't know, it's just that with awkward AIs, glitches, wasteful money, and for the fact that other game consles won our hearts, I just think newer Tamagotchis suck. However, new Tamagotchis are better than that dastardly Yoshi.

Ummmm.... I have to disagree

I think it's great that Bandai is making new tamagotchis, and they can't make things that everyone is going to like. There's always going to be a few people who won't like it, and it's better that Bandai find out what people like and what they don't.

I love the Tamago. The figures are an added fun, and totally worth $4. They have games and shops and items and make it way more fun, because they have expanded gameplay instead of just what comes on it. There's always that idea that there can be more games and items and shops and more ways to make money, plus they came out with the house. It's a big step for the english tamas.

Not that I'm looking for an argument or fight.

Violetchilluvr3

I'm sorry, Violetchilluvr3, but I must disagree. The Tama-Go feels like a huge step down/tumble down stairs compared to other earlier Tamas, even to the V3. I mean, what do you call a Tamagotchi that does not have the ability to have a fully-fledged name? Did Bandai have to be so lazy as to forget to put in this feature? And $10 for one little game? I must say that the Tama-Go is not worth your money; the batteries run out quickly [and it does not even come equipped with them], and it comes only with two games [three if you count included figure]. Recommendations are high by Purin and I that if you want to waste a measly $20 go spend it on something better.

Not trying to start a flame war.

I totally agree with mew and Purin. The Tama-Go is not nearly as good as the Angelgotchi sounds. I'd happily trade 5 Tama-Go's for one V4.5. The Tama-Go seems to have put about 100 people off Tamas and I'm even thinking of giving them up since the newer versions are so boring. Unless BanDai is, umm, preparing to discontinue Tamas, then they made a huge mistake releasing it.

I mean, I've never tried playing a Vintage Tama, but I've got an Angelgotchi on the way and I'll see how that goes in comparison to my de-activated Tama-Go.

I'm sorry, Violetchilluvr3, but I must disagree. The Tama-Go feels like a huge step down/tumble down stairs compared to other earlier Tamas, even to the V3. I mean, what do you call a Tamagotchi that does not have the ability to have a fully-fledged name? Did Bandai have to be so lazy as to forget to put in this feature? And $10 for one little game? I must say that the Tama-Go is not worth your money; the batteries run out quickly [and it does not even come equipped with them], and it comes only with two games [three if you count included figure]. Recommendations are high by Purin and I that if you want to waste a measly $20 go spend it on something better.

Not trying to start a flame war.
Same. Also, the V5.5 / Royal has a weird way of growth. The same problem with the no-name was introduced here. For the fact this is a familitchi, it is hard to bond with them, unless if one was a fruity character ( :ichigotchi: ) (Even worse, they removed the only fruity adult: Potetchi!). Once the V5.5 becomes an adult, it soon becomes a... fat lump of pudding...? ...For taking good care of it!?!? That's atrocious game design.

Here's a list of good games you can spend, not waste, money on!

WarioWare: Mega MicroGame$ (a.k.a. WarioWare! Minigame Mania!) also includes a free game called Pyoro and Pyoro2.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (includes great backstories)

Photo Dojo for DSiWare

Mario Kart DS (Beware of Yoshi, that evil little @$$.)

Pokemon B&W

Mario Party DS (More minigames than the Tama-Go, for less price!)

Mother 1+2 (For adults, kids, and young women.)

Mother 3 (Same as above)

Kirby SuperStar Ultra (Hey, a $40 Marx is better than a Tama-Go, right?)

Think about it. Bandai is probably experimenting with what people want to see. The Tamago wasn't a big hit with some people, but other people love it. And plus, if you can get over (sorry, can't think of different non-mean sounding words) the non naming feature it could be really fun. You can name it, you just don't have to type it in, which I thought was a great idea so you can name it anything you want and not limit it to just 5 letters, like the older ones.

Plus, did the older versions live in a house? Did they have an incredibly awesome Tamatown? did they have interchangeable faceplates? Could you add things to their gameplay? did they have the effects like the Tamago? Could they go to park and make friends?

I think the Tamago is a great technological advance for Bandai.

Plus, have you guys actually tried a Tamago? I said the same things before I picked up my Tamago, but I ended up eating my words.

Violetchilluvr3

To me, it seems like the way you posted your random questions, you want to start an argument. So I'll answer them before an online fight breaks out.

Did the older versions live in a house?

Yes, the TMGC+C, and those "Background" paper things, that you can make your own.

Did they have an incredibly awesome Tamatown?

Yes, the Music Star. The Tama-Go just took the MS's TT.

Did they have interchangeable faceplates?

No, but they were flimsy and break easy.

Could you add things to their gameplay?

Skill Points and Family Bonding.

Did they have the effects like the Tamago? Could they go to park and make friends?

COLOR. Do I even have to say it?

Plus, have you guys actually tried a Tamago?

Yes, why else would I make a Jigglypuff Faceplate?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the only way to stop flame wars all over TamaTalk is to respect each other's opinions about the Tama-Go. If Violetchilluvr3 likes it, that's fine, she's allowed to like it even if the rest of us don't. BanDai is "aiming" most of the new Tama's at young girls. OK, I might qualify as a young girl, but I don't like the Tama-Gp. But since it was made to please girls my age, it's not a surprise that Violetchilluvr3 likes it!

Anyway, I think that the Tama-Go has many pros and cons. Some of the pros are that the figurines add extra fun and collectibility and that you can find the Color's features for a lower price, and some of the cons are that is can be boring to play games to make it happy and not many new characters have been introduced with the Tama-Go.

Overall, I don't much like the Tama-Go but I understand how some people might enjoy it.

EDIT: I recieved my Angelgotchi two days ago, and I've got used to the lack of fancy features very quickly and I don't know how, but I'm hooked! It looks boring when you first play it, but there's more to this older-than-you virtual comapnion.

EDIT NO.2: I'm thinking of re-considering the possibility of starting up my Tama-Go again and trying to get Lovelitchi at last.

~Destiny

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back