My parents won't allow me too..

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakura3200

Reaction score
My parents won't let me go into the store "Hot Topic" because they think its a Goth store!

I mean seriously, it has some Goth things but they have lots of other stuff! like anime stuff.

& plus my parents won't evan give it a try!

any advice?

You could try and reason with them. For example if you try really hard at school and get good grades and don't get any bad reports then they could agree to go and try the shop with you. BUT I wouldn't force it on them as they will get frustrated with you and that probably won't go down too well.

Parents are there to protect you.

Ephesians 6:1 "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." ;D

Giving a try is not always good. Like you don't need to experience something to know they hurt- like touching a stove.

Your parents told you not too, but you did and got burned. OR you listened, knew it would hurt, and were safe.

You may not always fully understand, but God put them there didn't He?

Well....theres one thing, my parents aren't really like that.

my parents will still think its a goth store.

Parents are there to protect you.Ephesians 6:1 "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." ;D

Giving a try is not always good. Like you don't need to experience something to know they hurt- like touching a stove.

Your parents told you not too, but you did and got burned. OR you listened, knew it would hurt, and were safe.

You may not always fully understand, but God put them there didn't He?
True.

I would like to try it & let my parents come with me, mabe they will understand.

but I like what you said "Giving it s try is not always good" that reminds me this one time I begged my parents to allow me to watch this PG-13 movie (PG-13 for sexual themes) 'cause all of my other friends watched it,I regert begging my parents to let me watch it, its grossed me out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Offer to let your parents go in without you first so they can scout it out. If they are reallllly offended by something, I guess you'll just have to accept that they don't want you in there. But without a real idea of what Hot Topic is, then it's not fair they aren't letting you in. If they actually go in and scout it out, though, then it is fair. Hot Topic isn't that bad - if you let them just see what's in there they may not worry so much.

Offer to let your parents go in without you first so they can scout it out. If they are reallllly offended by something, I guess you'll just have to accept that they don't want you in there. But without a real idea of what Hot Topic is, then it's not fair they aren't letting you in. If they actually go in and scout it out, though, then it is fair. Hot Topic isn't that bad - if you let them just see what's in there they may not worry so much.
:furawatchi:

have you ever went in there?

& also thanks! thats a good idea, I might just do that.

:furawatchi:
have you ever went in there?

& also thanks! thats a good idea, I might just do that.
I went there before. It's really creepy because the music is messed up and so are the people then there creepy pierced eyes are staring at you. I saw alot of Jack Skelington stuff and a Chibi Naruto keychains.I bought fish net stockings there- Trust me there very uncommfortable!

I went there before. It's really creepy because the music is messed up and so are the people then there creepy pierced eyes are staring at you. I saw alot of Jack Skelington stuff and a Chibi Naruto keychains.I bought fish net stockings there- Trust me there very uncommfortable!
O_O

Might have a second thought

well how does your mom know it is a goth store? i mean if they wont let u go in it then have THEY ever?

i think you should atleast explain that not all of it is goth and that you just want to LOOK. it works with me!

not all the stuff is goth! i mean there are some tee shitrs and other things that are not goth! have u ever been in the store? :furawatchi:

not all the stuff is goth! i mean there are some tee shitrs and other things that are not goth! have u ever been in the store? :furawatchi:
No, neither has my parents.

& Ya I know! thats why I wanna go there!

I will agree with you there.

Ask them to go in there once, and if they don't like it, you won't go in there again.

It's a pretty fair deal.

But if they DO say, 'nuh uh' about even them going in with you, well then you'll just have to cope.

If you ask me, I think it's a little over rated.

Like shoe laces you can find almost anywhere, shoes, posters, wristbands, ect.

Somethings it'll be hard to find else where, but I doubt those things are what you'd be looking for. :D

omg i feel so sorry for u i love that store (and spencers too ;-D ) but what i would do is like say"Well Ya know WHAT they have things there that isnt goth because sure they have some black shirts maybe some black pants but its NOT a goth store they have cool things there ex. Family Guy, major band stuff like Fall Out Boy etc, CareBears, those little cute Disney things where the disney characters are like babies lol, they also have lots of tinkerbell stuff." i mean i have seen all those things there so tell your parents this.

I went there before. It's really creepy because the music is messed up and so are the people then there creepy pierced eyes are staring at you.I bought fish net stockings there- Trust me there very uncommfortable!
some people like that type of music...some people like to dress the way you described...and some people think the stuff from Hot Topic is comfortable. Fishnet stockings in general are uncomfortable. The way you described the store makes it seem terrible. To the person who started this topic, (Sakura3200) a lot of the stuff is actually pretty nice. The majority of the t-shirts there are not "gothy". The majority of the tees are band t-shirts. Sure, they have stuff like combat boots, fishnet tights, and freakishly tight corsets, but its not all that bad.

Really, you don't need to go to Hot Topic. I've seen some t-shirts that Hot Topic has that are also in Kohl's. The only things that Hot Topic has that regular stores don't have is the stuff that is usually associated with Goths, like lolita-style dresses and really high cut boots with studs and can openers attatched, and Invader Zim merchandise. Those are the only things that I've only seen in Hot Topic.

Is there perhaps another way you can look at Hello Kitty and anime, one that perhaps your parents might feel more comfortable with?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your parents are just trying to do what's best for you.

And really, you don't need to go to Hot Topic. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back