my poor wittle hamster

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doglover10

Reaction score
i am so sad because its winter and although, i live in southern California were its genraly warm all the time, latley there has been a cold front and its wet nd feezing outside, this morning it was 40 DEGREES!!! anyway im afraid my hamster is cold and there isnt much i can do, when i held him last night, he didnt have that same warm-ness as usual ;) i cant do anyting to help him because i cant knit him a sweater or somthing! also, hwat am i gonna do for him during he scorching summer?

40? That's warm! -cling-

Anyway, just put a heavy blanket over his cage to black any cold air :] That will keep Hammie nice and warm!

I know....us poor Californians. T-T

:)

My advice: Move him into the house temporarily. Not anywhere where he might make a disaster, but somewhere such as a remote corner. And besides, it's much warmer than the freezer. :D

40? That's warm! -cling-
Anyway, just put a heavy blanket over his cage to black any cold air :] That will keep Hammie nice and warm!
o ok, i tried that, but what about the butal summers?

P.S thanx!

P.S.S woah 40 degrees is warm for u? were do u live? to us californians anything under 60 degrees is COLD, lol

We used to do that exact thing for our guinea pigs :unsure: I think thats the best and easiest thing to do.

As for summer, you can freeze coke bottles (refilled with water of course) and put them in his cage. Worked for me. Though at night you will have to freeze them again :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
0_o Thats it? Your hamster is fine. My rabbit was fine in -30 degrees weather here in canada.

I wish I lived where you did, that is oh so warm! The highest we get in the UK is around 30..

It was -3 the other day. -ice block-

Just give him daily amounts of water and keep checking his temperature. During the summer.

Yup it has been -3 resently and my hammies are okay. Just keep checking them.

40? That's warm! -cling-
Are you a Canadian to?

I believe they are talking ferenheiht, which is something like -3 C or something.

I agree, put a blanket over, and also put some ripped up toilet paper in his cage.

I wish I lived where you did, that is oh so warm! The highest we get in the UK is around 30..
It was -3 the other day. -ice block-

Just give him daily amounts of water and keep checking his temperature. During the summer.
kk thanx,

P.S i no it sound wierd to u but i actually wished i lived were YOU did, i love it when its cold! :rolleyes: ive never expierienced snow, and it gets boring to basicly have it 70 degrees or higher every day of the year! we, here in sothern california, are sesonaly deprived, we really dont have sesons cuz the weather is always the same exept for sumer were it gets up to 105 degrees! lol its so wierd, i guess its one of those "u want what u cant have" type things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back