My Would-Be Self

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You've got to be kidding me!" Ryoku scoffed. The chara had managed to wriggle out of Lyle's grip and was now perched atop his owner's hand. "We've been civil ever since you captured us. Well, mostly civil." A sly grin spread across Ryoku's face as Lyle blushed and sank back into his chair. "Our offer remains: your two Charas for two of the X-Eggs. You're really getting the better end of it if you think about it. Those eggs are practically useless, so trading them for your beloved Charas is definitely in your favor."

Lyle placed Ryoku back on the table before he pulled out his backpack and began digging around for Isan's other two Charas. He was able to pull out a taped-up egg with a red rose on it before a bright orange egg with a sun on it slipped out of the bag and rolled onto the table. Lyle quickly snatched it up and shoved it back into his pack before placing the last egg on the table.

"Take them," Lyle said as he tried to regain some kind of composure. "I gave up those X-Eggs because of the arrogance of my character transformation. Besides, I don't have any use for your Charas, Isan."

"But Lyle!" Ryoku protested. "The X-Eggs! We need those!"

"No we don't! It's only three!" Lyle's voice was strong and firm, the strongest it had been in awhile. He glared at Ryoku to show the other Guardians that he was serious about all this, but he kept the evidence of his thoughts away from view.

Ryoku should know we have plenty of other X-Eggs right now. Three isn't much of a dent. We can get more later once I have the energy for it.

His eyes drifting between Lyle and the three Guardian Eggs lying on the table, Isan hesitantly took back his Guardian Eggs and removed the tape on them. Immediately Romeo and Hime popped out of their respective eggs, both fuming, but each in their own way.

Romeo's face was cherry red as he flailed his limbs around with rage. "¡¡MADRE GUADALUPE!! ¡¿Quién es el hombre que hizo esto a mí?!" He screeched, spinning around to glare at the people present. His gaze happened to land on Ryoku, and the situation became clear to the little red Chara at that very moment. Romeo's teeth flashed with a snarl as he spoke, his voice saturated with bloodlust, "¡¡Tú me atrapaste en mi huevo!! ¡¡¡¡GRAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!" The tiny person rocketed across the table, tackling the other Chara to the ground.

Hime huffed, brushing off her kimono-dress. "How imporite, I must say...sis is not how you treat a rady!" The fairy-like Chara declared, floating over to her owner. Hime smiled and bowed to her owner. "I'm grad to be back home safery, Isan-kun."

Isan grinned at Hime's politeness; he found it absolutely adorable that she could maintain her posture despite the current situation. "I'm glad you made it back safely, too, Hime-chan." Turning his attention back to Lyle, Isan cleared his voice before speaking again. "I hope you realize that you're now at the top of the Guardians' s-list. The next time you try to make an X-Egg, we'll be there." Isan tried to ignore the fighting noises between Romeo and Ryoku in the background, though they were rather obnoxious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lyle almost breathed a sigh of relief. Good. He didn't notice the new egg. Everything else seemed irrelevant now as he tried to think of the right thing to do to put Isan and the Guardians off his scent for awhile.

"Lyle!" Ryoku shouted. "Lyle! Get this buffoon off of me! I have no idea what he is saying, and unless you want me to start shouting in French I suggest you get him off of me now!" Lyle's attention snapped back to his Chara. Without another word Lyle lifted the little figure from the fray and placed him on his shoulder. Ryoku smoothed out his trousers and sat up straight as if nothing had happened, then he flashed a proud smile at Romeo.

"You got your Charas back, Isan. Can we go now? I think this conversation is over." Lyle started to stand up as he finished his sentence. Hopefully this would all blow over soon. He had a wish to make, and the sooner he found the Embryo, the better. This was all just a waste of time to him.

Romeo, his face no longer completely red, crossed his arms and glared at Ryoku from down on the floor. "I'll wipe that smug look right off of your face..." He muttered to himself, puffing out a cheek indignantly. This Chara was definitely NOT fabulous, and he was totally drab and uncool. Romeo, grumbling, floated up from the ground and across the table to Isan. "Hola, Isan..." Romeo greeted his owner, retreating into his egg and plopping down into the brunette's lap.

Isan sweatdropped. He must be pouting...the silly little thing. Isan's attention was redirected to Lyle as the taller boy stood up from his seat at the table. Lyle requested his leave, and Isan squinted at the teen in response. After a few seconds of thought, Isan closed his eyes and turned his head away from Lyle. "Do as you wish. But don't think we won't keep an eye out for your antics."

OOC: I'm so sorry for no posting, but my dad took away computer and it's terrible typing on this iPod, but I guess I'll have to make do.

Cain eventually got up and had lunch, and since he felt better he decided to slip on his book bag. He thought to himself: I'm gonna regret this...

He walked to school and walked toward the royal garden where he heard someone yell, then a boy and his Shugo Chara ran out. He turned toward him and said, "Hey! Who are you?"

Onerai heard this exclamation and flew out to see Cain, not before also seeing Lyle run away.

((Um, Kajah, can you edit your post? Lyle hasn't left the garden yet...))

((I'm just going to have Isan leave the Garden and then we can go from there.))

"Thanks," Lyle muttered curtly as he stood up and swung his backpack over his shoulder. His averted his gaze from everyone as he trudged out of the Garden.

"That could have gone better. Why did you let them get away with so much?" Ryoku whispered in Lyle's ear. He was still perched atop his owner's shoulder.

"Hush. We need to lay low for awhile," Lyle mumbled as he continued to walk towards the school. "We can get back to our usual routine in a week or two. Hopefully they'll be too busy with other things."

"What about that other egg of yours? What's going to happen when it hatches?" Ryoku asked.

"You're just going to have to play nice, okay?" Lyle paused to open the bag quickly. The bright egg was still there. It had shown up only two days ago, but Lyle was already worried about it. One Chara was enough for him. What was he going to do with two? He silently closed the bag and continued to walk towards the school.

Yuna patted Adrianna and Ariana.

She stared at the sky, the wonderful blue and pink sunset and it made her feel warm inside. The clouds, the trees, it was all so pretty, and made her just so happy.

Yuna shook her dream away and went back into the reality. It was life. The confused girls, the battle that just happened 10 minutes ago, those were only some of the things that Yuna had to face right now.

Yuna blocked out her fears and was ready to face whatever was going to come her way.

"Should we go?" Taiyo turned to Isan and gestured to the door.

Taiyo sighed. Things were mostly back to normal, for the moment. Isan had his eggs back, Lyle was gone....

But I have a feeling he'll be back. he thought grimly.

Fushigi rush-floated (if there is such a thing) over to Romeo and the others.

" Are you guys alright? They didn't hurt you you or anything, did they?" he worried.

Even though he had just met them, he was beginning to feel a strong connection to the other charas.

Hime bowed appreciatively to Fushigi when he approached the three Charas out of concern. "Arigato, Fushigi-kun. But we are arr safe and sound." Floating down to Crush's egg, the youngest of the three triplet Charas stroked the blue plaid shell affectionately as her older brother's snoring sounds came from within the egg. "Crush is just a rittre sreepy, arsough..." Hime glanced over at Romeo's egg. "Romeo is being srightry dramatic about everysing, and he's acting rike a smarr chird right now..."

Isan, slumping in his chair, exhaled loudly while simultaneously massaging his temples. Squeezing the bridge of his nose between his eyes, the Joker replied to Taiyo in an exhausted tone. "I suppose. Judging by how high the sun is in the sky already, we're probably super late to class." Placing the three X-Eggs carefully inside of his backpack, Isan stood up from his chair with a groan. "I can only imagine how tired you guys must be from transforming today already. This is going to be a LOOOONG school day." After stretching a bit, Isan flipped open the top of his blue plaid Guardian Egg case. "Alright, all aboard the Isan train!" Hime lightly knocked on Crush's egg, and the two obediently floated into their respective spots in Isan's Egg case, Crush remaining in his egg the whole time. Hime, upon settling into her spot, disappeared into her egg in order to take her own much-needed nap.

However, Romeo's egg remained unmoving on the table. Isan sighed, tapping his foot on the ground with annoyance. "Romeo, stop pouting like a baby and get in here." When the brunette still didn't receive a response from the little red Chara, Isan decided to resort to threats. "Romeo, get in the case this instant or you're grounded from reading fashion magazines for a month!" Instantly in response to Isan's threat, Romeo's egg flew through the air, finding its resting place in Romeo's spot in the case. Isan smiled triumphantly, closing the Egg case before slinging his backpack on. "Let's go meet up with the girls to fill them in on what happened here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TIMESKIP TO AFTER SCHOOL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isan rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand as he trudged out of Seiyo Academy's high school building. What a day... He thought with exasperation. He had nearly fallen asleep in his last class due to his exhaustion. Looking around at the crowd of students leaving for their homes, Isan tried to locate Mizu so that they could walk home together. Where is she? He wondered, shifting in place on the front stairs of the high school. Isan was quite tired, and therefore he wanted to get home ASAP so that he could get in a good nap.

Mizu walked out the door of the school and sighed.

Who knew character transforming could take so much out of you? she thought.

She had been tired ever since the morning, and now it was just worse, carrying a heavy bag and the thought of too much homework.

"Come on, Rei, let's go," she said. "... Rei?"

Mizu looked down to see Rei snoring on her shoulder. She gave a little smile.

Aww, she looks so cute doing that. She'd be mad if I told her, though.

She then noticed Isan, and rushed up to join him.

"Ah! Hello! Sorry to keep you waiting. I've been so tired today," Mizu said. "I had no idea character transforming could be so tiring!"

Mizu pointed to Rei. "And I guess she's tired too!" she laughed.

Rei awoke with a snort. "Wha?! Oh, good. I thought we were having a life threatening earthquake, but it was just you walking."

Mizu tried to hold back a laugh. Rei had a patch of drool trickling from her mouth, and her hair was messy.

Isan chuckled softly at Rei's humorous last remark. She was quite an interesting Guardian Character, and he rather liked her silly personality. Glancing down at his Guardian Egg case, Isan felt a wave of worry wash over him. I hope my own Guardian Charas are feeling okay... He thought, placing a gentle hand protectively on the blue plaid case. None of his Charas had come out of their eggs since that morning; they must've been worn down to the bone from being kidnapped.

Shifting his focus back to Mizu, Isan raised a thick eyebrow with curiosity. "Oh, hey, Mizu-chan, I just noticed your new hairstyle. It looks really cute on you." The curly brunette commented, his eyes taking in Mizu's fancy braid. "What's the occasion, or are you just changing things up?" Isan gestured to the Ace's Chair for her to walk and talk with him, and then the 17-year-old began to descend the school building stairs.

"Oh, haha... no reason," Mizu blushed. "It was Yuna's idea, and you know how she's the fashionista and all that. Thanks, though!"

She fingered the braid gingerly and thought, He noticed! He really noticed!

Mizu looked up at the sky. The clouds from that morning which seemed so very far away now had gone, and the sun was shining softly down. Still, a nice breeze was going on so that it wasn't too hot.

"Um... so, how are your charas doing? They weren't hurt or anything, right?" she asked, trying to make conversation.

"Yeah!" said Rei. "Are they alright?"

Cain groaned as he trudged to the store for medicine.

"Are you okay?" Onerai asked.

Being sarcastic, Cain said, "Just dandy." he sighed.

Onerai sweatdropped and shook his head. "Let's get this over with quickly."

He was about a block away from the supermarket when suddenly, he soptted Seiyo High, and who should be on the steps but...

"Hey, look, It's Isan and Mizu!" Oneraii remarked. "Why don't we go say hi?"

"You can if you want, but I don't want them to catch my cold."

"Can I go?" Onerai asked.

"If you want, meet me back at home. Tell them I said hi too." Cain said groggily.

Onerai flew over to meet his friends.

"They're fine, just really tired that's all. They've been asleep all day long." Isan replied, opening the flap to his Guardian Egg case. Crush's snores could be heard as soon as the case was opened, and they were muffled when Isan closed the flap. "Thanks to you two, I got my three Charas back before any harm could come to them. Not that I think Saito-san's the kind of person who would do that sort of thing, but that darn Ryoku is a completely different story..." Isan trailed off, staring into the distance as he recalled that morning. A vivid blush grew across Isan face with the thought of Lyle and the fiasco inside the Royal Garden. How close Lyle had come to Isan's face, how he had touched Isan's face, how Isan had slapped Lyle...Shaking his head with a groan in an attempt to rid himself of those embarrassing memories, Isan returned to his conversation with Mizu. "E-er, anyway, how about you guys; how do you two feel after both your Character Transformation and the battle?" The brunette asked, his face still red from blushing. I must be really tired; now I'm blushing at the thought of Saito-san... Isan determined. That conclusion seemed convincing enough to Isan's mind at the moment, so he sighed gratefully as he felt the heat of the blush fade away from his face. I wonder what he's doing right now...

What could he be blushing about? Mizu wondered.

"Well, I've been just kind of half asleep all day since I transformed. And as you can see," Mizu giggled at the thought. "Rei was pretty tired too."

"Hey, what're you laughing about?!" Rei scowled. There was something she obviously didn't know, and was determined to find out.

"Oh, nothing," Mizu said. "But it felt just amazing to transform."

Rei looked up.

"Oh, hi Onerai," she said. "What's up?"

"Oh, Onerai!" Mizu said. "How's Cain doing?"

"Hey Mizu-chan! Rai-chan! Sorry Cain couldn't be here. He's sick. Laid up in bed almost all day. See, he's trudging to the store to get medicine. Frankly, I think he's exaggerating."

--------------------------

Meanwhile with Cain....

--------------------------

"Aargh, my head." He said as he entered the store. AFter a long wait in line he finally purchased his medicine.

(At home)

Yuna poked and prodded at her stuffed toys. Boring.

She turned around to go on her tumblr. Boring.

Yuna went to go eat. Boring. Boring. Boring.

Everything was boring.

She got an idea.

"I'll check on Cain! Adrianna, Ariana, take care of my stuff, I'm going out," She said, turning to the duo.

Yuna took her bag, and changed quickly into a blouse and skinny jeans. She just slipped on her wedges, and was already out the door.

She took a turn, and, voila! Cain's house!

Yuna knocked.

"He better answer the door," She thought.

Lyle had decided to leave school through the athletics fields of the school, hopping over the fences and finally detouring back to the main road in order to avoid any awkward confrontation with the Guardians. He had somehow managed to make it through the day without falling asleep in any of his classes, and Ryoku had been dozing off in his egg most of the time. As Lyle walked down the road toward his house he was starting to feel more relaxed. All he had to do was get home, then he could lay down in his bed and sleep this day off. As long as Ryoku stayed quiet...

"Hey, Lyle!" Ryoku popped out of Lyle's backpack and perched on his shoulder with a smug grin. "Isn't that one of the girls from the Guardians?" Ryoku gestured to one of the nearby houses, and sure enough there was the school's Queen's Chair knocking on the door of a house. Lyle continued to trudge along, albeit much more nervously now. He could already figure out what Ryoku was planning.

"Come on! You didn't get much interaction with her today, and everyone else was so mean to you. How about we see if this one is any different?" With a wink and a snap of his fingers, a red fleur-de-lis pin popped onto Lyle's collar. The boy stood up straighter as a charming grin crossed his face and his feet turned him towards the girl at the door.

"I'm guessing you're the Queen's chair, correct?" Lyle's voice was smooth and calm as he paused at the end of the driveway to Cain's house. "We weren't properly introduced this morning, were we? My name is Lyle Saito." He gave a courteous bow before the pin disappeared and he almost lost his balance. He lifted himself out of the bow with a red-face before he took a few steps backwards. Ryoku floated over and took his usual perch atop Lyle's shoulder.

"I have to apologize for this one, Yuna. I guess I couldn't keep him charming long enough to engage in an actual conversation," Ryoku said. Lyle stared at the ground as he took another step back. He couldn't believe what his ridiculous Chara had just done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back