<=[ Needles

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly_Clarkson8

Reaction score
[SIZE=7pt]Hey. [/SIZE]

Well, I'm in grade 7, and we have to get our Men C, and Hep B needles tomorrow.

BUT... I have a big problem with needles. When I get them I feel incredibly faint, my vision is just black, purple and blue blobs, and that only comes in freeze frames, also, I can't hear for a few moments after I'm injected.

My mom called the Health Board, and they suggested I come early, and get it before the other kids come to school. That's great, but it doesn't fix my problem.

Its not the pain, I pinched my arm, hard, and I could stand it for like .. ever, its the THOUGHT. GAHH!

Help ?

I have the EXACT problem.

It's not getting better either, it's just getting worse.

The unfortunate part is there is NOTHING you can do - shots are shots and you have to get them.

I was terrified, but here's what helped me out.

Ask the person who's giving you the shot if you can lie down. This way if you feel faint, you'll already be lying down. I had to stay for about 10 minutes since I was feeling faint until I recovered and was able to walk to the car.

Remember - it's a tiny pinch, like if someone just barely touched you with a sharp pencil. It's over in a second.

Just close your eyes, and look AWAY. Whatever you do, don't look at the needle.

As for a bandaid afterwards too, incase you feel faint when you look at it.

I promise you it won't be as bad as you think.

Getting it before the other kids is a good idea.

Good luck!

[SIZE=7pt]Thanks, I got it before I read your post, but I did what you said, so thanks![/SIZE]

Yepp, I was fine. I really surprised myself. .&lt;=O

a guide can close this now. &lt;=]

Glad you figured things out I hate needles too I'm really scared of them too D:! I'll get a guide ^^.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back