New guy in the tama neighborhood

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chibisake

Reaction score
Hi ladies and guys! I am chibisake and I'm from Spain, Europe.

My first contact with the Tamagotchi was in 1997, when my fathers bought me a green and purple Tamagotchi. I loved it and every kid and some teens from my city had it, or at least had a fake Tamagotchi. I remember when I saw Ketotchi (Bill) for the first time. I was impressed and wanted one too. Well, I was jeaolus too, so I asked my friend if he could borrow me his Tama to watch it closer and then I pressed the reset button (At that time, I was a mix between Dennis the Menace and Shin-chan, haha). I also remember receiving reprimands in school every time I forget to turn off the sound of the Tamagotchi. My school finally banned Tamagotchis, and teachers started to confiscate every tamagotchi from kids that were caught playing with it. Luckily I've never been caught since the prohibition.

I loved to raise my tamagotchi. I remember that my favourite tamas were (and are) Kuchipatchi and Nyorochi. Mametchi was too boring for me as a kid. I usually opened the Tamagotchi to change the background screen for drawings or pictures cut from videogame magazines. It was cool to show an exclusive Street Fighter edition to your friends in an era without internet, haha. Sadly, I lost my Tamagotchi in the beach and since then I couldn't find another model with the same colours.

The next Tamagotchi that my parents bought to me was not a Tamagotchi, but a Digimon (the classic one, the first that arrived to the west. It was really cool, but not very popular in my city, so I had only 1 friend for the battles.

I had another G1 Tamagotchis. One was the red skull tamagotchi, and the other one the orange and yellow tamagotchi. Never noticed about Tamagotchi Angel.

In 2004 I saw a new model of Tamagotchi v1 (It is blue and red, with white tamagotchis as motif) and I bought it. I hate you nostalgia. I loved the new features implemented, but sadly I never had the chance to use the infrared functions. I've lost it in my house... until recent days. I've found it and I am raising it right now.

Now I'm on the hype train again with Tamagotchi. I spent the last weeks to update the database placed inside my brain and I was really amazed at the vast number of versions that the Tamagotchi has. When I saw the Tamagotchi Devil (Devilgotchi) I fell in love with it, but that love soon evaporated when I checked the price for this one in Yahoo! Auctions. Fortunately, there are other amazing and cheaper versions that caught my eye: Akai Tamagotchi Plus, Uratama, etc.

Now I have my Tamagotchi V1, a Tamagotchi Angel (japanese), a Tamagotchi G1 limited Hong Kong Edition and a Tamagotchi Keitai limited Coro Coro Magazine ver. My collection will grow slow, and there will be some editions that I will miss (I'm not willing to pay 900 USD for a Devilgotchi or Tamagotchi ID Conan), but I am sure that it will be a comfortable process with the company of the Tamatalk community.

Best,

Juan José, aka chibisake.

Edited to correct some mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello, i'm fairly new here as well but welcome :) . i've always loved reading stories like these- the first tamagotchi encounters, fall outs (if any), and the inevitable loving again phases :) . as for me, i sorely regretted not being a tama fan years ago when they were still easy to find on store shelves, now, i often have to scour for them all over the city and internet quite ehh..not cheaply ^^. but it's all well worth it :) . good luck on rediscovering tamas again ^_^

Welcome to TamaTalk! Reading your story reminds me of how it was when I first started playing with Tamagotchis, school bans and everything. Ah, the nostalgia! :D Hope you've been enjoying your time here so far. See you around the forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back