New Pet Needed...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Since my guinea pig died, I'm getting a new pet. Which one should I choose???

• Get another guinea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teddybear Hamster!!

• Gerbil :)

• BUNNY!!!!! :D

• Mice! Yay mice!

• Other (has to be a small, furry animal as the ones above are)

• I don't really care...

• YOUR PIGGY DIED?!?! NEVER GET ANOTHER ANIMAL! THE PAIN OF DEATH IS TOO MUCH!!&#3

• Uummm... Huh??? Wha? I dun get it...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy~Tama

Reaction score
Recently my guinea pig, Cookie, died... My mom says I can get another small furry animal as such to replace her. The only problem: I don't know what to get! I can't decide! Please vote soon, she's taking me to the pet store to look around pretty soon... One more thing: should I get a male or female??? So many things to choose from!!! I'm still depressed from the death of Cookie... I wouldn't recover THAT fast! I'm going to wait a while, let it sink in, and until then, I'll be looking around, making my decision... What's your opinion? What should I get? What's better, and will enjoy my company and affection? Please help! :)

Yeah, my mom took me to the petshop and we looked at fancy dwarf hamsters, black bear hamsters, and teddybear hamsters. I liked them, and I saw a really good cage for them... Right now I just miss Cookie too much, though... I can't even look in my room without tears swelling in my eyes! :) :) :D A lot of you out there own or have owned guineas... You know what it feels like to lose one... It hurts... Really bad...

Get a bunny. A male bunny. Bunnies don't make noise unless you scare them.

Recently my guinea pig, Cookie, died... My mom says I can get another small furry animal as such to replace her. The only problem: I don't know what to get! I can't decide! Please vote soon, she's taking me to the pet store to look around pretty soon... One more thing: should I get a male or female??? So many things to choose from!!! I'm still depressed from the death of Cookie... I wouldn't recover THAT fast! I'm going to wait a while, let it sink in, and until then, I'll be looking around, making my decision... What's your opinion? What should I get? What's better, and will enjoy my company and affection? Please help! :furawatchi:
Get a bunny cuz bunnies are REALLY cute!

Aww cheer up! I know whats it like loosing a cat!

I would go for a hamster! There sweet.

Oh my. I'm sorry for your piggy loss. :D

Personally...I would never get a hamster of any sort. Ever. I've never really liked them at all, and so many other rodents out there make far better pets generally speaking. Believe me...I've worked closely with all of them at some point. :p I currently work at PetSmart as a Small Animal/Reptile/Fish/Bird caretaker and educator, and the hamsters there are the ONLY animal I don't enjoy handling. :D

Hamsters tend to:

*Stink quite a lot(not the worst of offences)

*Bite ALOT(they're always biting co-workers and customers)

*Never seek out human contact(They run away or fight when you try to pick them up and jump out of your hands)

*Get aggressive toward each other(all except for some Dwarfs cannot be kept communally)

*They are not affectionate creatures(If I have a small furry pet, I like it to be at least somewhat fond of me)

I know it seems like I am on a crusade against hamsters, and I am sure that some people have really decent hamsters as pets. It's just that there are rodents out there who will be so much more rewarding to have as a pet...a companion even. They will give you a lot more in return than hamsters generally will.

My favorites are:

*Guinea pigs(so lovable, affectionate and gentle)

*Fancy Pet Rats(No shrieks, please. For intelligence, interactivity, trainability, cleanliness, lack of odor, reluctance to bite and companionship, you seriously can't find a better pet than a pet rat.)

*Fancy mice(A tad smelly if it's a male, but very gentle, tiny and cute nonetheless)

*Gerbils and Degus(Never like to hold still but rather handleable and inquisitive. Non-stinky.)

*Chinchilla(Expensive and larger than the others, but an incredibly smart and responsive pet. Not to mention undeniably adorable and soft. Huge on the cuddle-factor. hehe)

If you still decide you want a Dwarf Hamster, that's fine and I wish you luck finding your new little guy. I just recommend that you have a look at some of the other wonderful rodents out there as well, either in the Petstore or online. PM me if you have any questions or concerns about your new pet, after all, it is my job. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back