New Story I'm Working On~!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jinx3295

Reaction score
.........Alone I sit here, outside this old house, thinking. What ever happened after I left? I look back at the house now, repeating the question out loud. It is nothing like how I remember this place, just fifteen years ago- when I, myself, was a member of this suburban neighborhood.

.........Back then, the young children were always outside, playing their games of duck duck goose, tag, and what not. The teenagers would hang out by the old park, chatting amongst themselves about everyday situationd and such. Every parent, every kid, everyone here knew eachother. I lived here during a time of trust, I suppose. But what ever happened?

.........Where did the children go? How come no one is outside playing, like they used to? The old park is empty- why? How come there isn't a single sound to be heard, except the small breeze rustling the leaves in the trees? It's the Summer- isn't everyong supposed to enjoying themselves?

.........I don't like this, not one bit. I thought if I came back to the one place I enjoyed myself the most, I'd be happy, and atlast at peace. But... I'm not joyous about this at all. Honestly, I'm actually quite disturbed. Maybe if I walk around, I'll find somebody to talk to? Sure, I'll give it a try.

.........Now I stand up, and begin to walk through my old neighborhood (Or what used to be my old neighborhood, depending on how you look at it) After walking a block down or two, I finally spy some people. A woman with a little girl. I wave hello to them, and the girl waves back. Smiling, I begin to approach them, but the lady doesn't look too thrilled.

........."Go away!" She yells at me, beginning to walk the other way with her daughter. As she goes on her way, I hear her muttering things to the girl, like 'stay away from strange men, never talk to strangers'. Sheesh, what was her problem? Can't a guy talk to a lady or little girl nowadays without being deemed strange?

this is just the introduction, so it's a little short.

and i'll get further in detail, as to why he left and such, later on

this will also probably be edited and made longer too-

just the idea for the story

opinions, constructive critism please?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good, I found it a little... hollow, if you know what I mean? It could have been more descriptive, like what was the lady wearing or what kind of hairstyle did the little girl have?

And I sort of understand why the lady told him to go away, she didn't know him at all, he just waved at them, he could have been a weirdo... Lol :)

Otherwise it's interesting. What is the story going to be about? :)

Best Wishes

barky

okay, more desciption needed?

and the story is about this guy, James Frice. he's currently 37 years old (he was 22 when he left) his parents kicked him out of their house, and made him move to the city. he tried to get a good job, but it didn't work. he was stuck working at a clothing store for many many years, and then he moves back to his home town after 15 years of unhappiness. he hadn't talked to his parents in years, and it turns out they moved away to florida. nothing is like he remembers, and it upsets him. but then he finds some people of his past, and begins to learn more about why the neighborhood is how it is now. and like, it's..

i think i'm going to ditch this story >_<

Don't ditch it! I've ditched stories and trust me, no matter how bad they were I kind of regret it. All it needs is more discription, then it'll be perfect.

Latest posts

Back