new tama-go connects with all tamas!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperSPCA

Reaction score
I found out u can connect the tama-go with EVERY tama ever made (even chibi) except v5. i found this out when i was on my tama and my friend had a v4, we wanted to connect so i looked at my tama go, and it said u could connect with tama go or others. so i tried it and it worked! anyway, i thot it was cool and so i wanted to tell ppl, and here i am! :D

Not every Tamagotchi made has infrared capabilities. ;) Also, binary did some connection experiments in his Tama-Go log HERE and V4 was among the ones that failed to connect. I think it was determined that the V5 series, V6, (the "others") and other TMGOs are able to connect with it.

I found out u can connect the tama-go with EVERY tama ever made (even chibi) except v5. i found this out when i was on my tama and my friend had a v4, we wanted to connect so i looked at my tama go, and it said u could connect with tama go or others. so i tried it and it worked! anyway, i thot it was cool and so i wanted to tell ppl, and here i am! :D
Is it true that you can connect tamago with v4? I want to buy v4 and kept wondering if it can connect with my existing tamago or not, since you said so, but binari said only v5 and latest version can connect with it, there seems to be a conflicting facts here. Just wondering, and hopefully you can answer. Thank you! ^o^

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it true that you can connect tamago with v4? I want to buy v4 and kept wondering if it can connect with my existing tamago or not, since you said so, but binari said only v5 and latest version can connect with it, there seems to be a conflicting facts here. Just wondering, and hopefully you can answer. Thank you! ^o^
As I have stated above, the TMGO only connects with the V5 series pets, the V6, and other TMGOs. binary has already confirmed this in his TMGO log--

Connection ExperimentsV1 = fail

V4 = fail

V5 = pass (as Others on the Tama-Go.) Note: for V5-series Tamagotchis, when both are at the Stand-By screen, you have to press the B (middle) button on the V5. Pressing it on the Tama-Go will result in an error "Sorry!! Push key from Ver.5" Another Note: Since the family name on the V5 is limited to 5 letters, only the first 5 letters of your Tama-Go user name will appear in its listing in the V5 friends list.

MusicStar = pass (as Others on Tama-Go, and as Others on MusicStar.) At Stand-By, you can press B on either the Tama-Go or the MusicStar; both work.
This is directly quoted from his log on the first page, which I had linked in my last post. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the Tama that your Tama-Go connected with was actually a V5/V6 but you just didn't know it.

if you read the instuctions it says that it can connect with v5, v6 and other tamagos but it cant connect with version 4.5 and lower

Um no... I've tried them all for grins when I got my tama-go. Every version not a v5 or higher did NOT connect. I even tried my v2 when I got that... I knew it wouldn't as my v1s didn't. They all said "Failed"

No I'm sorry. Maybe it was a music star or something else that you go confused. Binary has said that it doesn't connect with lower than v5 in his diary/log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back