New to the Modern Tama's

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spamurai

Reaction score
Hey guys ^_^

You may or may not have seen some of my other posts. I'm 23 and going through a stage of reminiscing the 90's and in the process of getting my hands on a P2. :D woop.

Anyhoo, what I'm wondering is, what's the best Tamagotchi nowadays? I want to run a newer one alongside my P2 but unsure what one to go for?!?

Any tips?

Hey spamurai! Welcome to TamaTalk - getting back into Tamagotchis is a lot of fun, especially when you start learning how much is actually out there. I also started getting back into Tamas after discovering my long-lost P2. There's nothing quite like a vintage and I'm sure a lot of other members will agree with me on that one!

The best Tamagotchi you ask? Well, the answer to that is definitely subjective, but I'd be more than happy to give you some info on the latest (and somewhat greatest!) releases of the Tamagotchi. The most recent release of North American Tamagotchis is the TamaTown Tama-Go. You can read all about it here if you like. It's a lot larger than the original P1/P2 releases, but also incorporates a lot of new features. The Tama-Go has been sort of hit & miss with a lot of fans, but I'm sure if you search around the site and check out logs, you're bound to get a better impression of what its like.

The Tama-Go is rarely seen in stores anymore since its release in the summer of 2010. eBay would be your best bet if you still want to get your hands on one. Some party stores and obscure retail outlets have been selling them at very low prices - I think I saw a user post something about getting one for $5!

Japan has released many versions of the Tamagotchi since its release in 1996. The most current version is the Tamagotchi ID L 15th Anniversary edition which comes from the the original ID L series launched in the Spring of 2011 I believe. The Princess Spacey ID L is supposed be released next month. The ID L is a color-screen Japanese language Tamagotchi that is capable of receiving downloads (backgrounds, clothing items, etc.) from the web via IR report from a mobile phone. One has to live in Japan to access the site, but some clever users over at Tama-Zone are distributing the downloads to us English users.

There are a lot of great resources and knowledgable members here who can point you in the right direction if you have a specific question about any version of Tamagotchi. There are many releases, both English and Japanese, so get ready to learn a lot!

Cya around :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, that's quite a response.

Thanks for taking the time to share your information.

I'm very excited to be finding out all this new information.

I'll be sure to keep you all updated with which one(s) I buy :D

I'm now gonna check out that link ^_^

Thanks again.

Hey somebody clsoe to my age! I'm 24... My personal favorites are the Versions 1-3 that came out a while back. You can still find them on ebay no problem. I enjoy them because they are just as simple as the older p1 or 2 types. There are of course a few upgrades, but the newer versions are a bit more complicated for just getting back into it. I have all of the newer US versions and they mostly stay put away, ha. Thought I might add that you can check out videos that users put up on youtube for an idea of how all the versions work and look. Welcome!

Hey somebody clsoe to my age! I'm 24... My personal favorites are the Versions 1-3 that came out a while back. You can still find them on ebay no problem. I enjoy them because they are just as simple as the older p1 or 2 types. There are of course a few upgrades, but the newer versions are a bit more complicated for just getting back into it. I have all of the newer US versions and they mostly stay put away, ha. Thought I might add that you can check out videos that users put up on youtube for an idea of how all the versions work and look. Welcome!
Ah hey haha.

Thanks for your response.

Yeh the newer ones look a bit complex, i'm gonna stick to the P2/P1 just until i get back in the routine of things ha.

I'm buying a P2 & P1 one, hopefully they should arrive soon.

The ID L's look massive?!?

The Chibi one looks cool though, i may get one for the "cute" factor :D

first off, welcome to tamatalk!

iD L's aren't THAT big.... ;) in fact i think they're smaller than tama go's (who am i to talk, i don't have one :p ) really, the only japanese tama i have is the iD L, and i recommend it when you've played with tamas a bit more and you know you're really into them.

i think you should try out the connections (v1,v2,v3, etc) as they're a bit newer, and if you want to try a colour tama, don't immediately dive into the iD L without doing your research. (although i've never tried them, a +color or an iD are a good start into colour tamas)

good luck finding a newer tama to run!

I think the Tama-Go would be a good new Tamagotchi to try. It isn't too great but it keeps very close to the style of original Tamagotchis, especially when compared to other Tamagotchis such as the Tamagotchi Music Star.

On that note, it would be my job to introduce you to those, too. Hey, while I'm here I might as well introduce you to all the modern English-Language Tamagotchis!

Tamagotchi Connection

•Very basic, similar to earlier Tamagotchis but adds the IR connection aspect, and the ability to obtain items from connecting.

Tamagotchi Connection V2

•Similar to the V1, but contains many more characters, games, and introduces the points and shopping functions.

Tamagotchi Connection V3

•A popularly favoured Tamagotchi, which is similar to the V3 but allows online connectivity. Probably my favourite version, and although they are difficult to get hold of today, I highly recommend it.

Tamagotchi Connection V4

•Your Tamagotchi can now get a job. This introduces a whole new way to play with your Tamagotchi.

Tamagotchi Connection V4.5

•Very, very similar to the V4, but with less glitches, different games and new characters.

Tamagotchi Connection V5

•Three Tamagotchis are on screen at one time, which means that it has a much larger screen, too. Other than that it's a pretty basic Tamagotchi.

Tamagotchi Connection V5.5

•Rather difficult to get hold of. Very similar to V5 but with less glitches, new characters and different games, akin to that of V4 and V4,5

Tamagotchi Music Star

•The last Tamagotchi release before the Tama-Go. Quite similar to a combination of V4 and V5, Music Star lets your Tamagotchi get a music career.

I hope this helps you, and any others who are new to modern Tamagotchis!

In reguards to care...

V1

I've never cared for one of these, but I assume it's pretty low maitnence...

V2

Doesn't need much care, you could leave it alone for a few hours and then come back to it.

V3

Also doesn't need much care

V4

You could leave it alone for a couple hours, but if you don't go to the school and/or play the games (as opposed to feeding snacks) then you won't have enough skill points to get a good care adult, and will end up with a "universal" adult.

V4.5

Same as the V4, except that the only times I got a Universal Adult was when I took the battery out/put it in.

V5

I guess they're kind of low mainence, but it seems like they need more because when you play the games they get tiresome after a while so it seems like they need it more often...

V5.5

Same as V5; After a while the games get tiresome but they're better than the V5.

Music Star/V6

Needs A LOT of care- I wouldn't leave it alone for more than an hour; They have a stress that constantly goes up and so you have to constantly lower it; plus you still have to play games and feed it; AND the games don't give you any money, and eventually (after they become a teen) the built in food doesn't fill them up, so you have to buy food/make money another way.

Tama-go

People have literally left it alone for days, found it, and found out it wasn't dead.

Haha I agree with the Tama-go comment. I actually found mine that I started over a week ago and it had a ton of poo and a sick skull but when I cleaned it up it it was fine. apparently my husband would find it randomly too and clean it up or feed it a tiny bit when he would hear it around the house. Haha. Funniest thing ever. And it actually morphed into a quite cute character!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back