newbies

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tama_girl020

Reaction score
Not to be rude to all newbies i am still kind of one myself but some of them are posting messages like "wanna talk" in the help section and i was wondering what everyone else thought. I think they should be explained to that they shouldn't

Come on guys, have a bit of tolerance. Whether you like it or not, being a newbie is a ligitimate excuse and considering the number of new members that come through on a daily basis, the proportion that do the "wrong" thing is actually quite small. The only why newbies are going to learn is if they are told so the best thing you can do is just politely direct them towards a pinned thread stating the required rules and regulations and request a guide move the topic to a more appropriate area. People appreciate a little tolerance and a gentle reminder more than rudeness and posts like "This is in the wrong place!" which doesn't really explain what they have done and where exactly their thread should be! If you feel you are unable to do this in a reasonable manner, you can always ask a Guide to move/close the topic and have a gentle word with the person.

Remember, we were all newbies once and everyone has to start somewhere! You have to learn to sit up before you can crawl before you can walk! <_<

I think bell sprout is right

:huh: < = sally

sally says "a newbie is like an egg we where all eggs once we hatch when we get the hang of things"

regards,

hazeyjune x

Come on guys, have a bit of tolerance. Whether you like it or not, being a newbie is a ligitimate excuse and considering the number of new members that come through on a daily basis, the proportion that do the "wrong" thing is actually quite small. The only why newbies are going to learn is if they are told so the best thing you can do is just politely direct them towards a pinned thread stating the required rules and regulations and request a guide move the topic to a more appropriate area. People appreciate a little tolerance and a gentle reminder more than rudeness and posts like "This is in the wrong place!" which doesn't really explain what they have done and where exactly their thread should be! If you feel you are unable to do this in a reasonable manner, you can always ask a Guide to move/close the topic and have a gentle word with the person.

Remember, we were all newbies once and everyone has to start somewhere! You have to learn to sit up before you can crawl before you can walk! B)
:huh: <= sally

"we were all newbies once its kinda bein a hypocrit"

:eek: < = sally

sally doesent mean to be rude but, come on! we where all

newbies once!

I agree with Bell Sprout and hazeyjune and Sally the Furawatchi. *rolls eyes as she mentions the last name*

In simpler terms, we should just have a little patience. Although if they've been "gently" reminded a few times, THEN I think we should have a right to rebuke them a tad less gently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it can get a lil annoying.

But everyone here was newbies at some time.

We did the same thing the newbies now do.

I think we should all just learn to ignore stupid posts by noobs. Thats why i don't do it, even though i am a noob. *everyone turns heads and stares* I just posted this to put out my thoughts. *p.s. this is not a random post to get attantion* :puroperatchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back