Newest pm?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimichi7

Reaction score
Kay, I logged on just now to tamatalk and a pop-up came up saying "Your newest pm is from, -----(I'm not going to say the members name)" I've never had this before and have been a member for over a year. Does anyone know what and why is was/popped-up.

-mimichi7

Thanks. ^_^

You probably changes the settings in your Control Panel. B)

If you do not want to have a 'pop-up' pop up when you recieve an new PM, follow these steps:

1. Visit your Board Settings, located here:https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=04. ^_^

2. Go down the option list until you came across this option: "Do you wish to get a pop up notification when you get a new private message?"

3. There you can choose if you want the message to pop up. If you don't, then select "No."

Pretty simple? :huh:

Tama-Love

Thanks, I'll try... I wonder if someone got into my account? Because I never set this. And my font in my signature is different.

Thanks, I'll try... I wonder if someone got into my account? Because I never set this. And my font in my signature is different.
If you are sure someone got into your account please notify a Guide and/or Admin as soon as you can. ^_^

Tama-Love

If you are sure someone got into your account please notify a Guide and/or Admin as soon as you can. :huh:
Tama-Love
But, how could they help if there is no proof... ^_^

But, how could they help if there is no proof... ^_^
Trust me, Admin can find a way to see what IP's tried logging into the account. Give it a try and tell Admin about the matter. B)

If you want to discuss this further, don't hesitate to PM me any time. :huh:

Tama-Love

Trust me, Admin can find a way to see what IP's tried logging into the account. Give it a try and tell Admin about the matter. ;)
If you want to discuss this further, don't hesitate to PM me any time. :)

Tama-Love
KK, I'll give it a try but I don't want to bother him, he already gets so much mail.... -_-

Hm. All I have to say is that if someone DID get into your account, they weren't very creative. Just changing font and a setting on the control panel? That's kinda silly.

I don't think someone got into your account, amigo; maybe you just don't remember changing your prefs? o_O

Before jumping to conclusions, yes do PM Admin.

But it could be that a family member has fiddled with settings with your firewall, or removed a popup blocker etc, which was blocking the popup of PM's here

It could be as simple that your browser has been updated and certain settings returned to default.

//Haze

Just to be on the safe side, I would change my password if you have any concerns that someone can get onto your account.

I also hope you remember to click the little "Log Out" link each time you finish on TamaTalk - don't forget that if you only click on the red X box to close the window, you are still logged in and anyone can use your account to do whatever they like :rolleyes:

It is your responsibility too :rolleyes:

Make sure your new password is not obvious to anyone else. Choose something that you can remember easily.

Don't tell anyone else what it is.

Don't write it down anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back