Nicki needs a hug. :(

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GotchiGirl96

Reaction score
On Monday, we found a cat on our property. He was so adorable, and extremely affectionate, you would swear he was a dog in disguise. I don't usually like cats, but this one would rub against your leg, lay on your feet, and jump up on you like a dog. He would follow you wherever you went. In fact, yesterday he almost followed me onto the school bus. That cat was a great hunter - he caught two mice and practically ripped them apart.

We had also been feeding him. He got our left overs and we also gave him some bread and milk. The cat had definitely been around people before. No stray would be so friendly. He'd been sleeping on our cushy chair on the porch for the past 2 nights. He would even jump up on the table and look into our living room window. All in all, he loved to be around people.

During the day he would disappear, and then come back with a mouse that he had hunted and eat it. He had some ticks, so we would try and get them out. We got a few, but others were pretty stuck in there. He would sit on our laps and we would pet him and play with him. Then when it got too cold we would go inside. After dinner we fed him some table scraps and when it got dark he would curl up on his little chair and go to sleep.

However, today was different. He wasn't here this morning when I woke up, just as I had suspected. I thought he was just off hunting again, which he very well might have been, but now it's almost 6 and he hasn't come back. Maybe he's moved on to someone else's house or got lost or something, but I really miss him. I don't think I'll ever come across such a friendly cat ever again. I know he's only been here a few days, but gosh, he was just so lovable.

I wonder if he'll be back. I really hope he comes back to our porch and sleeps on that chair again, but I truly doubt it. Most of all, I just hope he's okay. I hope he didn't wander onto the road and got killed. It's hard to explain... I really loved that cat. Whenever we opened the door to go back inside, he'd follow and try to get in, but he wasn't allowed to come inside, as much as it killed me to leave him out there. I wish we could have brought him in and kept him, but I guess he'll always be an outdoor cat on the run.

I'm quite upset. My daddy went looking for him, but didn't find him. And mind you, we have a very large piece of property - 143 acres of land to be precise. Daddy looked up and down the roads, calling for him. We named him Little Gato, and I secretly named him Kitty, but he wouldn't respond to anything. I have lots of pictures that I might be uploading, and a video I took. He's a very loud cat. He meows quite a lot, and in a very cute tone. Yesterday my daddy called for him and he actually did show up about a half hour later with his catch of the day, meowing up a storm, but not today.

I need a hug.

Aww, Nicki ): Don't worry, theres still hope. Maybe the cat just went out to play for a while. I'm sorry, I'm not great at comforting people.

^ Aww, he is adorable.

*hug* That's great how much you loved him, I hope he comes back, or at least you find out where he is. You never know if he's just exploring, or another nice family found him. Good luck, I hope he's okay :)

Aww -givesabigfathugthatnearlychokesnicki- I hopw hes ok. hes so cute and I would love him to I wish he would come back to you.

So he occasionally comes to your house?

Girl. That cat playing you and your family.

Be careful, don't become to attach to it.

Watch out for those nice ones, you never know what you're going to get from them. By the far the best quote from Rugrats that Angelica said.

^ Well, he was just like any other outdoor cat. They wander. But he always came back to get eat his food and sleep. Too late though. I've already become attached. Although, there's still no signs of him. My mom said she saw him at 7 this morning, but since then he's been gone.

Ah well, tomorrow's a new day. Thanks for your kind words everyone. :]

Believe it or not, animals act just like humans. Some of them know what they are doing. My dog is a prime example.

..However.. your post kinda supported my point. x.X

Just don't get too hurt.

Nicki! That's just really sad. I know how difficult it is to even lose a pet who might not officially have been yours, but was just one of the nicest animals out there. I once also had a cat who used to come to my house everyday and we'd give him milk and cheese and he was just like a new member of the family. About a week after that---SHABANG. He went missing. And we haven't heard from him since.

All I can say is hope and pray that he's okay. There's definitely hope.

Cats are incredibly smart animals anyway. He should be fine. <3

-hugglessotight-

Aw. D=

I had a similar experience; when I was a lot younger this cat used to come to my house and after it had started coming I said my first word, "Cat-cat," so when the people with the cat moved away I was upset... but then we got our own cat so I was happy again.

Cats aren't like dogs, they're not loyal to anyone except themselves (yeah, like someone said, they're like humans), they like to wander around for days and use humans to get food and attention. I'm not saying they're bad creatures, I love cats, I have three. They're just so adorable that you can't help but love them, but I wouldn't worry too much, cats know how to look after themselves and he won't forget that he got food and attention from your house so he'll probably be back.

I don't know you, but I'll still hug you since something like this is like a member of a family going missing. ]: *hug*

Well, I'm not really worried about him not being able to fend for himself because, let me tell you something, that cat is an excellent hunter. xD

Thanks for all your support guys. *group huggle*

A) Cats are more friendly than you would give them credit for. You said that you believe you won't find another cat as friendly as this one again, but chances are you will. Most cats are actually well tempered.

B) If you aren't planning on keep the cat like, moving it indoors, you can't expect that it will keep coming up to your house to visit everyday forever. There is always a chance that it will move on. There are plenty of people willing to feed and take in a stray, and it may wander away and run into one of them.

C) We've had this problem before. We have cats, and sometimes they'll get out and leave for a day or two. Chances are it'll come back. Cats have a good sense of direction and will meander their way back home.

But then again, this is a stray. So it probably doesn't consider your residence as "home" and may not wander back.

You never know. I bet it will show up again, I mean, you're feeding it. But you can't expect it to stick around forever.

I love kitties, just for the record. :]

Last edited by a moderator:
^ All I'm saying is that I had no idea how attached I would get to him... Beside, he's an outdoor cat. I guess I'm not as upset as yesterday. Maybe the cat's a freeloader. xD

Aww, Nicki.

Once you get attatched to something you know may not last forever, it is a hard loss if you lose it.

It is better to think that the cats rightful owners found it, and that their cat is happier back home now. :p

He is so adorable! And look on the bright side (even if the dark side DOES have cookies). Maybe he went to somebody's house other than yours. He will come back eventually, or, he found his home, or, he is living somewhere else. Don't be upset! -hugs-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back