Noooooooooooooooo!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchi&hanatchilover

Reaction score
Help me! My dad is putting Parental Controls on the main computer which I use!!! What if he blocks TamaTalk, Blogagotchi, and all the sites I ever situated myself at???!!! He's going to finish installing them soon! I'm full to bursting with energy because of this, mad energy! I threatened this to him: "Dad, I'm serious, if you block TamaTalk you're in big trouble with me!" I was joking, of course. And he knew it. He was laughing. I hope he doesn't block this great site! If I don't come on for a long time, you'll know why! I might be able to unblock all the sites he blocks.... :( :( :eek: :eek: :angry: :angry: :) :p

Try and talk to him. Tell him that you love TT, blogagotchi, and other sites, and maybe he can search them, and see they are harmless!

Great idea, Flipper. Gotta right-click on it and click uninstall, then wait.... and they blocked TT at my school and he says, "They blocked TamaTalk at your school. And why would that be....?"

Whatever you do, do NOT listen to Flipper. It's the biggest mistake you could do. Parental controls are to block out sites with unappropriate things on them, like nude photos, lots of vulgarity, extreme violence... It usually blocks those types of sites. Your father can also designate sites for it NOT to block, so ask him, if the parental controls does that, to unblock TamaTalk. Under any circumstance, do not try to disable, uninstall, or otherwise stop parental controls. If you do, you might not like what your parents have as a backup plan.

You might next find yourself without computer privilages.

I think parent controls are safe. If any popups with nude pictures come up, it will block it out. Tamatalk is a safe, fun website. There is no nudity, violence, etc. I'm sure he won't block it out. If he does, I'm sure he has his resones. He's just trieing to keep you safe on the internet, not miserable.

If your dad does blockout tamatalk and you uninstall the parent control, you probably won't be allowed on at all.

Whatever you do, do NOT listen to Flipper.  It's the biggest mistake you could do.  Parental controls are to block out sites with unappropriate things on them, like nude photos, lots of vulgarity, extreme violence... It usually blocks those types of sites.  Your father can also designate sites for it NOT to block, so ask him, if the parental controls does that, to unblock TamaTalk.  Under any circumstance, do not try to disable, uninstall, or otherwise stop parental controls.  If you do, you might not like what your parents have as a backup plan.
You might next find yourself without computer privilages.
Yeacia has given you some good advice there.

If you find that TamaTalk is blocked, ask your parents to help - don't yell at them or threaten them! (it doesn't work :wacko: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it called 'Cyber Patrol' by any chance? Becuase that's what I have. My dad lest me go on the sites I want though. :furawatchi: I wouldn't unlock it if I were you though - you might get banned. I'm an expert at hacking into the parental control headquarters but my dad just said I was smart - he wasn't that angry. He just changed his password. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody BUT flipper. talk to him and tell him that you love tamatalk and that it is perfectaly safe! I think we have parental controls but see? I'm on! But still whatever you do [SIZE=30pt] DO NOT[/SIZE] try to uninstall them or threaten your parents!

it will just get you 1 2 or all of these 3 things:

No computer Privliges

Grounding

Lost trust

And parents can think of SOOO much more!

Trust me, I have parental controlls and they do not stop me from going to Tamatalk! Ok sure whenever I go to TT a pop up says "Parent controlls are checking if you may view this site" But it always lets me get on! Sometimes they bug me but other times who cares! And if it does block TT then talk to your dad about it! He'll understand (mabey) And you'll be back on in a flash!! -_-

Yeacia has given you some good advice there.
If you find that TamaTalk is blocked, ask your parents to help - don't yell at them or threaten them! (it doesn't work ;) )
TamaMum has some great advice there. If your parents block Tamatalk, use your manners! Yelling and threatning will get you into worse stuff like getting grounded or no computer for the rest of the month! Yes, Parental Blocks are for certain stuff like Violence, Cussing, Nude stuff, and some bad sites. Of course, this is a great site. If you uninstall it , you could be again grounded or no computer for the whole month, possibly untill Christmas when you may get a new computer game.

Also if you uninstall it, be prepared to see Nude Humor, Cussing, Violence such as blood and worse stuff. If you say "Can you please not block Tamatalk? It is my favorite site." and if your father says a "Yes" then make sure you say "Thank You" or else he may not even listen to you about that! He knows you are great at Tamatalk if you say your manners with Pleases and Thank you's. Also, it would be very nice to say "I am sorry I threatended you dad. I was just so scared you would block Tamatalk!" then that will give more chances he will not block all the sites you have joined. I hope I helped :(

//TP

TamaMum has some great advice there. If your parents block Tamatalk, use your manners! Yelling and threatning will get you into worse stuff like getting grounded or no computer for the rest of the month! Yes, Parental Blocks are for certain stuff like Violence, Cussing, Nude stuff, and some bad sites. Of course, this is a great site. If you uninstall it , you could be again grounded or no computer for the whole month, possibly untill Christmas when you may get a new computer game.
Also if you uninstall it, be prepared to see Nude Humor, Cussing, Violence such as blood and worse stuff. If you say "Can you please not block Tamatalk? It is my favorite site." and if your father says a "Yes" then make sure you say "Thank You" or else he may not even listen to you about that! He knows you are great at Tamatalk if you say your manners with Pleases and Thank you's. Also, it would be very nice to say "I am sorry I threatended you dad. I was just so scared you would block Tamatalk!" then that will give more chances he will not block all the sites you have joined. I hope I helped :(

//TP
Why would your dad have a reason for blocking TamaTalk? It's a great site. And I totally understand how you feel. But look- does TamaTalk have any blood or gore or nudity or anything else that might be bad? No! And if some people do say things that aren't very nice, then we have our great guides! That's what they're for, to keep the site safe and not something blocked out. What do you guys think?

It probuly wont block out tamatalk. If he thinks its bad, tell him to look over the site!

Just dont un-install it! Your dad is right, if you run into bad things on the internet, its not good!

Well, he did the parental block thing for a reason, to keep nude stuff and violence away from YOU. Tamatalk is a great place, and very safe, but with the chat and forums and such, parents could see this a "pick up place for predators" if you know what I mean. People aren't always who they say they are. ^___^

Just ask nicely, and if he says yes, good for you, and if he says no, respect his wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back