Northlake Academy ~ A part fantasy, part futuristic RP

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer played with a strand of her hair, looking down at the floor as she spoke. "I don't know if you know already, being a student officer and all... But everyone here has powers or is a creature of some sort. That includes you, I guess... Wow." She shook her head. "From what I've heard, they're probably planning to use us in the war for their side..." Suddenly Summer gave a harsh laugh. "I'm being sold overseas, apparently."

Zack frowned, sticking the cigarette in his mouth so he could fish around in his pocket for his mobile phone. "Ah, should have brought the charger... I do have a GPS on here somewhere, but due to the fact that we appear to be stuck in a field... I have no signal right ow. How does that even work...?" Zack groaned, putting his phone away. "Guess we can do nothing but drive. Have you got any food?"

"I do, but we need to ration it, so if you eat... Hang on." He pulled over for a moment to reach for his backpack in the backseat, and then fished around in it until he found a banana. He split it clean in half, and then offered a half to Zack. "Since we don't have any money or don't know where we're going, it's best if we make sure to eat carefully. Anyway." He ate his half quickly and then began to drive again.

"I know. I looked through the student files before when the office workers weren't looking. About the powers, at least." Cecil chewed on her gum for a moment. "So, does the fact they took our phones away have to do with this theory of yours?" Gill finally decided to walk over, since he knew Cecil knew he was there. When he was standing near the cage, Cecil asked him, "Well, little Worthington, tell me, is what she saying true?" Gill hesitated for a moment, but then nodded.

Zack took a little longer to eat his banana, partly because he didn't have to drive so he could actually take his time, partly because he had to keep juggling his cigarette and the food. "Yeah, money is kind of an issue..." Ignoring the fact that he should be wearing a seatbelt, he twisted around in his seat to watch Flynn and talk to him. "Have you actually thought about how we're actually gonna find this stupid place? Or are we just going to drive around blindly? As much as I love being cooped up in a van with you..."

"It's not just a theory, Cecil, it's the truth." Summer insisted, abruptly falling silent when Gill came over. "Cecil-" Once again Summer fell silent as she heard footsteps coming down the stairs, looking up to see Nat slide her mobile phone back into her pocket. "No bloody signal..." She turned her attention to Gill and Cecil, ignoring Summer completly as she spoke to the other girl. "Okay, you, out. You've done your bit. Gill, you've been down here ages too. You should probably go upstairs." A smirk appeared on Nat's face. "Unless you'd prefer to stick around and watch Punishment Part 1. I haven't actually been told to do this yet, butttttt... I'm sure your dad won't mind."

Flynn ignored Zack's annoying flirting, and then answered, "Yes, I've actually put some thought into it. I'm starting to feel doubtful, though. I mean... I could just try to escape back to the US on my own, but then I can't just leave Summer alone." He bit his lip. "But now that I think about it, it might be too late. It's been nearly 18 hours since they've kidnapped her." Flynn frowned. "By the way, if I head back to the US, what will you do?"

"Dude, if what you say about the powers is true, particularly hers, I wouldn't kill her. I'd want to use that power." Zack pointed out. Then he frowned. "I dunno... Just go home I guess. I mean, they won't want me, I'm just a tag along with no powers." He signed. "So, putting aside the doubt, what's the plan?"

"I think we should drive until we find a place where your phone gets service, because I want to look on the internet. I know it won't tell me where the Academy is, but I can at least read about the war and find out about stuff like border crossing, and if there's any fighting going on on American soil," Flynn said. "Just yell when your phone gets service."

(Gah have no time to rp gill or cecil atm, gotta go since school. Urrrghhhh I'll do them later >.<)

(it's okayyyyyyy)

"Hey, who knows about the Academy. Didn't you say it seemed pretty public? I mean, your parents got sent letters or something about the dang place, it's the whole EU bit that's a secret. And yeah, I think I had Internet left..." Zack nodded, twisting back around in his seat to face the front. Still left his seatbelt off, mind you. "Last update on the war I heard was yesterday morning, about dear little Canada surrendering or something like that... Explains all the soldiers everywhere, anyway. I reckon it won't be long until America is royally screwed. Aren't I a little optimist?"

"Yeah, so I'm thinking I could look that up online t-" He stopped short when he heard what Zack said after that. Flynn gripped the steering wheel tightly, suddenly feeling patriotic. "America won't be royally screwed," He said, through gritted teeth. He wanted to add more onto that, but he knew he couldn't tell Zack to *(&()#$ off or else he would be the one that was royally screwed. "So, any service yet?"

"Sure, I'll go take a break." Gill knew he had to play along, or else he would end up in a cage just like Summer. "I want to go get some bloody food since I'm so hungry. Bye." He then rushed up the stairs, hurrying to get the *($)## out of there so he didn't have to see Summer in pain. He decided to go get two chocolate bars from the vending machine, one for himself, and one for Summer.

"Go ahead, Nat. She's all yours." Cecil stood back, trying to feel happy about Summer's punishment. But instead, she found herself thinking about what Summer had told her. Somehow, her explanation fit in with all the things she had heard from the Academy staff, and from the fact they had had to give up their electronic devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zack held his hands up in surrender. "Hey, hey, sorry. Just my opinion. I'm only a Canadian." He said, sighing and settling back to watch his phone. "Eh, it keeps flickering... right. Aha. Solid bar of signal at least, I'll give it a shot." He opened his browser, fingers hovering over the screen. "What're we searching for then? Google is awaiting."

"Wimp." Nat called after Gill, before glancing at Cecil. "Honestly, he's useless." She commented quickly, before snapping her attention to Summer and quickly using her power before Summer had a chance to break eye contact. She knew it had worked, of course, when Summer hand's tightened around the bar she was clinging onto so much her knuckles turned white. If you could notice over the screaming and shouting, natch. "STOP IT! Cecil, make her stop, PLEASE!"

Gill stopped short, hearing screams. "I'm sorry," He whispered, trying to resist the urge to turn around and burn Nat to cinders. He broke into a run, and then told himself to get Summer extra candy. He suddenly realized that he would have to let Summer experience this seven days a week. On his way through the hall, he saw his dad. "Slow down. No running in the halls." Gill started walking, not making eye contact with his dad. No wonder his mom hated his dad so much. He was such a jerk.

Cecil was already gone by the time the punishment started, and she too flinched at the noise of her screaming. "God, that girl can scream. Anyway... She stormed back to the office, and she went to stand by the staff room's door, so she could listen. Sure enough, she could hear some of the teachers talking excitedly about something... About the EU and the war and the "Bloody Americans". She bit her lip, realizing Summer was right for once. She quickly got away from the door, and then tried to figure what to do.

"Here. Let me see." Flynn pulled over, and then put his hand out, asking for the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eventually Nat got bored of torturing Summer and left, partially because Summer was close to passing out, and left, leaving the poor girl to flop onto the floor of the cage. All she could really do after that experience was lay there and stare up at the ceiling, not even being able to lift her arms to wipe any tears away. "O-oh god... Flynn, h-help me..." She found herself saying. As much as she didn't want Flynn to wander back into this mess... She really didn't think she could survive here.

Zack hesitated before handing the phone over, watching it go with worried eyes. "Hey, hey, be careful with that. I saved up for five freakin' months to pay for that thing. Also, keep your eyes on the road? Y'know, for our lives?"

Flynn rolled his eyes. "Dude, that's why I just pulled over." He turned the ignition off, and then took the phone. He googled up news for the war, and soon found that it was still going strong, and that luckily most of the fighting was being done on European soil, and not American soil. However, he soon found that there was some battling up by the northern border, near where New York and Canada met. He cringed a bit, and prayed that his hometown would be safe. He then proceeded to google the Academy.

Cecil waited for Nat to disappear, before she headed back down into the basement. "I never thought the day I'd believe anything you'd say would be true." She stopped in front of Summer's cage, and crossed her arms. "But there's really nothing we can do about it."

"Didn't notice that. Oh good." Zack said, settling back in his chair and watching Flynn as he used his phone with an anxious expression on his face. After a few minutes he sighed as if to remind Flynn he was still there. "So? What's the news from the front line?"

It took Summer a few moments to realise that Cecil was standing there, and a little longer to process the words that were being said to her. Not moving to look at the other girl, she said quietly "Would you please just leave me alone to feel pain?"

"Things are fine. But if we're above the great lakes right now, we'd be screwed. Anyway... Aha." He looked at the Academy website, curious to see what he found. He laughed at all the false info on the front page, talking about how it was safe and a wonderful school and all that crud. "Well. It seems there's an address, but who knows if it's the right one? It could just be to some mailbox somewhere."

Cecil ignored Summer's plead, and was about to say something when Gill returned with a couple candy bars. "Here," He said, tossing a Hershey's bar through the bars of Summer's cage. "That should help you feel better... I hope. I'm so sorry about Nat."

Interested to know what Flynn was laughing at, Zack leant over, raising an eyebrow at the homepage. "Huh. That sounds alright, but I've heard otherwise.." He leant back, shrugging. "Hey, a mail box is a decent start. What's the address?"

Summer waited before picking up the candy bar. "Thanks." She said quietly. "Not that I don't mind, but... why are you helping me?"

Gill froze cold. "Uh.... Uh.." He knew this was the perfect opportunity to 'fess up, but he stopped, realizing she probably thought he was gross. "Er..." His face turned red, and then he finally blurted out, "Because I want to be your friend!" Oh god. That just sounded so stupid. He facepalmed at his own stupidity, waiting for Summer to tell him to go away. Cecil smirked and giggled at Gill, knowing that Gill liked Summer because it was so obvious.

"Umm..." Flynn read the address out loud. "Since you know Canada better than I do, I think you should drive. Unless..." Flynn paused for a moment before inquiring, "Do you have a GPS app on this smartphone?"

(Bleh horrible post but I gotta go)

Summer paused for a few moments, watching Gill as she moved into a sitting position. Finally, she managed to crack a smile. "...That sounded so lame." And then she found herself giggling. Which totally did not fit with the situation at all. She took a bite of the candy bar, meeting Gill's eyes with a neutral expression now. "So what does your dad think about this?"

"I think there's one on there somewhere." Zack frowned, taking the phone from Flynn and starting to scroll through the list of apps he had installed. "Ah, that looks promising..." He tapped the screen, entering the address Flynn had just read out to him before setting the phone on the dashboard. "There. I give it five minutes or so before it starts talking to us it that really irritating voice sat navs do."

"I know, right," Gill said, relaxing and also beginning to laugh, mainly out of relief that he wasn't hated on. "To be honest, my dad wouldn't be happy if he knew. But I don't give a ($($(*$)@ anymore about him. He can go to @#$!& for all I care. I'm so glad I didn't have to grow up with him around." Gill took a candy bar out of his pocket, and began to eat it, mainly since he was beginning to get hungry.

Flynn grinned, seeing that there was indeed a GPS on the smartphone. He nodded in agreement to what Zack said about the annoying GPS voices, and groaned. "Ugh, I know. I hate GPS voices. So annoying. Especially when it keeps saying 'Recalculating' over and over."

In all honesty, Summer still didn't like Gill. After all, he was an EU, his dad was a massive jerk who ran this prison, and, well... Just look at his hair. Oh yeah, he'd kidnapped her too. She narrowed her eyes. "How do I know your dad hasn't just sent you to befriend me to get me to spill information or something? Or even just hurt me more?"

As if on cue, Zack's phone told Flynn to 'Turn left as soon as possible.' Zack rolled his eyes at it before turning back to Flynn. "I think we need a plan for when we actually get there. Like, are we just gonna storm in? Sneak in? Go with the 'get-captured-and-break-out-from-the-inside' method?"

"Definitely not the get captured method. I'm thinking we'll have to break in." He grimaced at the thought of having to return to that stupid Academy he hated so much. Following the GPS's instructions, Flynn turned left. "We'll have to just sneak in, or we can storm in during a passing time, and yell out the truth in hopes of causing a student riot or something that can cover us up while we go on our rescue mission."

"No! Like I said, I hate my bloody dad! I actually want to be friends with you, because I really li-" Gill stopped himself, before he could say anything that could make things super awkward. "Also, I don't care who wins the war, if you're wondering that. I want it to end already so I can go back to England and live with my mom and little sister again." Gill shut his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm himself.

Cecil smirked at Gill. "Whatever, little Worthington. Anyway.." She turned to Summer. "Do you have any idea on what the Academy plans to do with all of us students?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back